Spring Hair Meet Up - London, May 5th, 2012

Janna

Hello,

Last December, couple forum members named Beardyweardy and Bigmac organized a meet up of ht patients and newbies to meet and discuss hair restoration options. It all went well but this time they wanted more educational information available. Since I'll be in London during the meet up and he is not familiar with London layout, I volunteered to help organize it since I have contacts in London to find a good venue.

The meet up will be at the Rembrandt Hotel lounge near Chelsea-Knightsbridge on Saturday, May 5th, 2012 between 4-7pm.

Rembrandt Hotel London

11 Thurloe Place London

London

United Kingdom

SW7 2RS

http://www.rembrandthotellondon.net

Here's pic of the hotel from outside:

RembrandtHotel-ExteriorDay.jpg

Inside the lounge:

The lounge is roomy and quiet. Most likely we'll have the lounge to ourselves.

Rembrandt-HotelLounge.jpg

It promises to be a great meet up - there will be several clinics and doctors present to answer your questions. For those researching, you'll see first hand patients from various clinics and for those of you who had ht's, it's a nice way to share and compare your work/results with others in a comfortable setting.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email or pm me.

Edited by Janna

Janna,

Sounds great! How I wish I could attend. My sister lives in England. Maybe one day my visit will coincide with one of these meetings.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hi

This thread has been running for a while on Hairloss experiences; I believe the following will be there:

Stephen from Bisanga;

Docs from Hattingen hair;

Dr Feriduni;

Mick from Farjo possibly

Janna from SMG with some patients

I am sure Janna will let you know if the list above is not correct

cheers

I believe Garageland from H&W will also be attending with couple of their patients as well.

The doctors of Hattigen Hair will also encouraging some of their patients to attend. It should be a nice meet up.

David, maybe this will be an annual event. While the patients themselves can organize a meet up without any clinic reps present anytime they want in UK, I think a similar meet up to this one has the potential to be a really good resource for those researching hair restoration.

• 1 month later...

The Spring Hair Meet Up is fast approaching.

Aside from previously mentioned docs and clinics attending the meet up, Dr. Lupanzula (worked with Dr. Bisanga and Dr. Mwamba) will be attending as well.

The meet up is at 4pm to 7pm, on Saturday, May 5th. No reservation necessary. The location address is at the beginning of this thread, however, if you'd like to set up a separate or personal consultation with any of the clinics, please arrange it ahead of time with that particular clinic.

Here are the clinic physicians and or reps attending the meet up, along with few of their patients:

David from Hasson & Wong

Phil and Stephen from Bisanga;

Docs from Hattingen hair

Dr Feriduni

Mick from Farjo Medical

Janna from Shapiro Medical & (Dr. Ron Shapiro via SKYPE for short time)

Dr. Lupanzula

It promises to be a great get together. Hope those in UK and surrounding areas can join us.

• 4 weeks later...

Any updates regarding the meeting? I believe it happened 2 days ago :-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

The meet up was a great event. The docs from Hattigen Hair were unable to attend since they are expecting a baby and couldn't travel. All the other docs and clinic reps made it. There were couple docs new to the HT field attending who really benefited from veteran patients and clinics. All the patients from various clinics looked awesome.

Bombillo from Dr. Lupanzula's clinic looked amazing. Dr. L is a doc to watch out for. He is quietly producing some very nice results. He is very nice and gracious. He brought his wife and adorable little baby by for a quick visit.

Dr. Feriduni woke up that morning at 4:30am to travel with his wife to London in time to get through all his consultations and attend the meet up. You'd never know Christian and Beardyweirdy had any ht work done as he restored them with beautiful, natural results.

Mick from the Farjo Medical brought along two of their patients who beamed from ear to ear very proud of their results, and rightfully so.

Garageland from H&W also attended with couple of their patients who proudly showed off their results. Garageland is a real nice, down to earth type of guy who is very easy to talk to.

Its always good to speak to PhilB and Steve from Dr. Bisanga's clinic. They also had patients representing their fantastic work.

A patient from Dr. Panine of chicago attended to discuss his recent, positive ht surgery experience. He promises to share his experience on the forums soon.

I had a wonderful time meeting reps, patients, and docs who I have not met in person before and catching up with those who I have. Although, there wasn't enough time to chat with everyone properly. I can't thank all the Shapiro Medical patients enough for taking the time to make the meet up and the others who met with me prior to the meet up.

All in all, I'd say the meet up a great success enjoyed by all those who attended. Thanks for asking.

Edited by Janna

Thanks for the synopsis Janna. If there's ever a Hair Meet Up in the Midwest let me know!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

That would be fantastic! Naturally, SMG has built up quite the following in Chi-town.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Janna,

Thanks for sharing! Sounds like a great time. I so wish I could have attended. Now I may be in for a Chicago meetup since my sister-in-law just moved there. :)

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Janna,

I dont feel that i could add more than you have said already, so I wont.

Though...thanks to our patients for attending and it was great to catch up with old and now new friends.

Though Beardyweirdy is in for some trouble as i have it almost in writing that he is going to teach and show me how to catch a wild brown trout on the fly

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thx Janna, how I wish you took some group pictures to post them in the thread, It would be really great to see these perfect examples and big names in HT industry.

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

It was fantastic to meet old friends and new ones. What a great day it turned out to be and it was great to see that so many had made the effort to attend. Mick from Farjo had an epic journey and Bigmac came from the North east. Janna got the record for the most distance travelled though!

Great day.

Beardy

Mick,

Please thank the Farjo's for their warm welcome to their clinic last week. They took a lot of time out of their busy schedule to speak with me and show me around their clinic. They are really doing some refined work, which shows in their results. The whole operation there is a class act. Thanks!

Hariri,

Yes, I thought of that but most patients really want to keep their real identities kept confidential on the internet. I'd only be able to take pics of the clinic reps, which I wish I would have done for my personal photo album. I really like all the reps who attended the meet up as they are truly fantastic at representing their clinics.

Aaron and TTP,

I'll keep you posted on the possible meet up in Chicago in the near future. I know Aaron will hold me to it now that it's mentioned. ;)

BW, great meeting you in person as well as everyone else who came.

Then posting the pics of clinic rep's will be great :-)

My Hair Treatments:

Janna,

It was lovely to meet with you and a big well done on arranging the event, it was very interesting to meet with the patients, doctors and doctors reps all really nice people. The time flew by and it was great fun.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Thanks David. I thought the time flew by a bit too fast. It would have been nice to have had time to chat with everyone a little more in depth. But I'd say for a first meet up of it's kind, it went off very well. I agree that it was great fun.

Hi Mick

The offer is still on about the trout fishing btw. You can take me on the Dove and we can fly fish for trout.

Anyway, good to see you the other day (I never got a drink...again) and it was good to see those guys you brought. ***** from Mayfair looked superb - hairline was lovely - tell him If he needs someone to carry his bags, I am up for those celebrity parties!!!

Beardy