Can't find the incisions/grafts

I should probably know this as a HT veteran. I am 1 month post-op on my 3rd transplant. Just curious why I can't see the tiny holes where the grafts were placed as compared to the first transplant. I recall this from my 2nd also. The scabs have healed. I look for the incisions but can't see them. Is it because existing hairs make them hard to see or because the incisions have healed and the grafts have entered the dormant phase and are beneath the skin?

With today's ultra refined follicular unit transplantation, the surgery heals extremely fast. Native and previously transplanted hair can mask this, but if you can't see the slits after one month, your surgeon did an outstanding job!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

With today's ultra refined follicular unit transplantation, the surgery heals extremely fast. Native and previously transplanted hair can mask this, but if you can't see the slits after one month, your surgeon did an outstanding job!

Yep, he uses custom cut micro blades for super dense packing. I'm like, what happened to the grafts, did he really transplant them, lol! Not only are the incisions invisible to my eyes, but so is his scar work. I could never find the scars to my first two procedures and the third one is becoming less visible daily. 9835 grafts total thus far. Hopefully, this will be my final!

Also noticed that this time, I have far less shock loss, probably because most of the hair is previously transplanted and less sensitive I'm thinking.

Edited by MCS

9800 grafts? That's amazing! I would love to see pics!!!

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hi,

I've just had my second HT and my surgeon told me that my donor area is exhausted and I've had 5815 grafts used. My scalp laxity isn't good either and the grafts taken second time had a vast majority of singles and doubles, whereas my first HT there were quite a few 3 hair grafts and a few 4's.

You must have an amazing donor area and laxity.

Regards

Rod

Hi,

I've just had my second HT and my surgeon told me that my donor area is exhausted and I've had 5815 grafts used. My scalp laxity isn't good either and the grafts taken second time had a vast majority of singles and doubles, whereas my first HT there were quite a few 3 hair grafts and a few 4's.

You must have an amazing donor area and laxity.

Regards

Rod

1st procedure - 2006: 3571 grafts - 31cmx2cm strip

2nd procedure - 2009: 2743 grafts - 33x1.25cm strip

3rd procedure - 2012: 3521 grafts - 32 x 2.0cm strip

Yes, I had good density of native hairs in my donor area.

You guys asked for it, now you got tons of pics! Sorry they're out of order, but if you put the arrow on the pic, it identifies the date.

It took nearly 2 1/2 years to finally decide that HT #2 wasn't going to cut it; between getting sick and tired of boatloads of Toppix and Couvre getting on pillows, towels, etc. (embarrassing to say the least), I definitely needed more density.

Unfortunately, I have no pics for HT #2, only the first and latest.

On a side note (no pun intended), my sides right above my ears experienced a weird loss and became thinner over time as you will see in the HT#3 folder pics, appearing like a depressed area. My doc didn't know what to make of this, although it did seem to accelerate after HT#2. We don't know if the cause is from the prior surgeries, the scar, or something else, however, strangely, the loss was not linear below the entire scar line except for above the ears. You would think if it had to do with the scar it would run below the entire length. To remedy this, my doc conservatively transplanted 120 and 130 grafts on each side. He felt going more than this might produce too much thickness above the ears and look even more odd than it does now. How the sides will turn out is my biggest concern.

He also dipped all the grafts in the ACell mixture. It will be interesting to see if anything different comes about this time, although it does seem that the healing is taking place faster this time as compared to the last two. My swelling was practically non-existent also (I took only 1 prednisone prior to the day of surgery).

One little thing I did this time around was go in for a shorter haircut (not crew cut) the day before the surgery. I did this so the doc and his staff could see exactly where the least density was and to emphasize the loss on the sides. Everyone felt this helped a lot. Might not be a bad idea for others to employ that in future HTs.

I'm hoping that by now, and being age 52, I have pretty much "bottomed out" on losing any more native hairs in the affected loss zones and I will have the density I desire so that any use of concealers will be minimal, if at all!

For follow-up maintenance, I have been using the iGrow laser for the last several months and will continue to use it in place of oral anti-androgens.

HT 1 PHOTO ALBUM pictures by CS2006 - Photobucket

HT 3 PHOTO ALBUM pictures by CS2006 - Photobucket

Edited by MCS

9800 grafts probably puts you in the top 5 on this site!

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Hi,

I'm done at 2 HT's and won't ever make the top 5 on this website. The results have been worth it but I don't want to go under the knife anymore and I want to enjoy my holidays. It would have been great if I could have had this much hair 10 years ago :)

Best wishes

Rod

Dr. Williams is great! He doesn't post much, but what he does post is excellent.

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

• 3 weeks later...

Your outcome looks fantastic! You must be thrilled We're both about the same age & having that more youthful hairline really helps the over-all look & self esteem as well:)

Your hairline looks amazing, great work by surgeon and great healing by you! What supplements/vits do you routinely take?

Your outcome looks fantastic! You must be thrilled We're both about the same age & having that more youthful hairline really helps the over-all look & self esteem as well:)

Your hairline looks amazing, great work by surgeon and great healing by you! What supplements/vits do you routinely take?

I take so many supps it isn't funny. But my main concern is whether the grafts for my 3rd HT will grow out as well as in my previous procedures.