Dr Rahal Patient - 3082 Grafts

This patient came to Dr Rahal wanting to restore his hairline and frontal region. He received 3082 grafts in a strip procedure. He is pictured 6.5 months after surgery.

Graft breakdown:

715 singles

1613 doubles

754 triples

pre01.jpg

pre02.jpg

pre03.jpg

pre04.jpg

impost01.jpg

post01.jpg

post02.jpg

post03.jpg

post04.jpg

Edited by mattj

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Rahal is the best, but I mean this dude gets 3000 grafts and his hair loss was not that bad.. you see people geting 3000 grafts to cover the hole head,so imagine how crapi things look when you get 1500 grafts for your hairline or 3000 grafts to cover alot on top of the head.

Rahal is the best, but I mean this dude gets 3000 grafts and his hair loss was not that bad.. you see people geting 3000 grafts to cover the hole head,so imagine how crapi things look when you get 1500 grafts for your hairline or 3000 grafts to cover alot on top of the head.

this is an excellent point and very relevant to the guy thats unhappy with his farjo procedure whereby just over 3000 grafts were used over a larger area. It seems to me that 5000/6000 grafts would be needed to get decent coverage from hairline to the top of the head before anything is put in the crown area on norwood 5/6 guys.

Nice work once again from Dr Rahal on this lucky guy.

4510 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2012

2350 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2013

HT 1:Total Grafts 4510: Singles 715, Doubles 2123, Triples 1369, Quads 303 ( 10,280 Hairs )

HT 2:Total Grafts 2352: Singles 350, Doubles 1601, Triples 401, ( 4,755 Hairs )

I agree this is an excellent result. The thing you have to remember is this guy did not have extensive hairloss, so adding that many grafts to the hairline will produce great results in the hands of Dr. Rahal (or any of the top surgeons). I am not taking anything away from the work.....i am a big fan of Dr. Rahal's work. Some people don't have the luxury of using that many grafts up front because they don't have sufficient donor to do so and plan for future hairloss or to cover their existing hairloss.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

How did it grow so quickly.

That's just Dr. Rahal for ya! I don't know what he does different, but most of his patients seem to grow fast and early. Maybe Matt knows? Or it may be his little secret ;).

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I am a big Rahal fan too but I'm not sure this was a wise use of grafts for what appears to be a young patient. That said we don't know is history and could remain solid for years to come.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

That's just Dr. Rahal for ya! I don't know what he does different, but most of his patients seem to grow fast and early. Maybe Matt knows? Or it may be his little secret ;).

I wish I knew. :D

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

That looks fantastic today.... I do wonder however what tommorow will bring.

Im personally uneasy with the decision to restore any patient who is in the process of balding, no matter how little, to a NW1. It just doesnt seem right to me. I have a similar level of loss to this patient and I cant deny the temptation is there to dense pack my way back to a juvenile hairline, however I cant bring myself to do it.

This kind of reminds me of a woman getting double D implants, they may look eye catching today, but i do wonder how they will look in their 80's in the winter going down the shops to buy some soup to warm up from the cold! im guessing the need to have such eye catching assets will by then have disminished somewhat. Apologies for my appalling sterotype but im just trying to characiture my point. How this will look in his 50's-80's is anyones guess.

For this reason I prefer a conservative approach, however, that is undeniably one very aesthetically pleasing hairline today and I imagine the patient has been given a new lease of life and is enjoying every moment of it.