There is greatness and there is genius!! Smg 1871 fue

wings

I just had my surgury this following monday/ tuesday(jan30/31) couldn't be more pleased with the staff at shapiro medical group. Let me start off by saying that thier operation is second to none. The care and time that they put in to every customer that walks through thier door's, not just me but every person that was being treated at the time of my visit was handled with care and compassion for what their specific needs were. I'd like to personally thank the staff including but not limited to dr ron shapiro, matt, tom, gywen, sylvia and janna.

I went in with modest expectation's, and they far and away exceeded them. Anything i addressed as a concern they all took a personal interest in. You can really tell they care about making the best possible result for you. An example of the character of dr ron shapiro. I went in for an fue procedure and at the end of the procedure he sat me down and told me that he was more concerned about my psoriasis and how can we tackle it(not to say that he tought i wouldn't have a great result with my procedure) first hand.

I just got back home got back home today, i'm waiting for them to send me the picture's. I'll do my best to update picture's as the time progresses. I'm very excited i think i'll have a great result.

These photo's are from today and yesterday..

IMG_1124.jpg.84fb300aaddc2bf80e1c4078acc67126.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg.9d431409ecb7a7f39336b1622586fb70.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg.627327e3cd720e8d9d2efd77cdd19387.jpg

IMG_1140.jpg.024b615367ca067da67e3c13de9b92bb.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg.c1e32021c24575dc1b4a0ae1d3ad12fc.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg.0a98458e8022b01622f213a23722ffb1.jpg

IMG_1138.jpg.e656668ae7e859bcb88b5fb199ed1a20.jpg

Please note that there is some swelling as some of the picture's are taken 1 hour after my second day of fue, almost all the swelling has gone away and as of right now i'm not in any pain. Actually i had almost no pain through out the whole process.

wings,

Congratulations and thanks for taking the time to document your experience with Dr. Ron Shapiro and the staff at SMG!

It's not surprise that you received the red carpet treatment. They work looks clean and refined and your hairline design is superb. Can't wait to see the results. I hope you will continue to update us on your progress.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Keep us posted Wings.

I am sure you will have a great result.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

As a plus, you have some thick long back hair if you ever need some BHT as filler in the future.

Atticus

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

Looks great man. You will be thrilled when it all grows out.....just have to be patient. Dr. Ron can design some killer hairlines and I think you will have one! Keep us posted.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Day 4 post Op and the break down.

1 hair grafts -473

2 hair grafts -894

3 hair grafts -504

Total hair's = 3773

According to Tom the lead FUE Tech at SMG, i Had at least 5 six hair graft's and 1 seven hair graft taken from a .9mm punch, according to him this is very rare. Because of the density of the graft's that were taken. They were cut up into 1s,2s and 3s. So less then the "NORMAL" amount grafts had to be extracted from the back of my head. So as for any future loss, i would still have a good donor area. From what i heard. There are still mixed reports about thinning in your donor area as you start to age. As this is my first HT, i'm very optimistic about the future.

IMG_1147.jpg.69a305d8e8704e8e07e394593f6d2774.jpg

IMG_1148.jpg.3c1311d8b889c2760a2c41827c00d8dd.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg.298d4128f717d44737df3b4ef8aeca77.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg.ed000b859ab1f2f9515c3741298409ab.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg.191559fc551e8b672d063de0d2731cd9.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg.d9da621b803c810b2ffa08aa8e22d750.jpg

My psoriasis is really acting up, it's all over my head. It seems to be that the transferred hair from the donor area where i had the biggest problem with psoriasis has relocated to the recipient area. I put on Egypt Magic. My girlfriend is an esthetician, she uses it daily, swears by it. I'm just a little scared because I'm only 10 day's out. Really didn't want to put anything on my head, but my whole scalp is covered with big white flake's. If anybody has any input or experience with psoriasis, would love to know your thoughts.

My psoriasis is really acting up, it's all over my head. It seems to be that the transferred hair from the donor area where i had the biggest problem with psoriasis has relocated to the recipient area. I put on Egypt Magic. My girlfriend is an esthetician, she uses it daily, swears by it. I'm just a little scared because I'm only 10 day's out. Really didn't want to put anything on my head, but my whole scalp is covered with big white flake's. If anybody has any input or experience with psoriasis, would love to know your thoughts.

Wings

Have you tried washing your hair with nizarol or t-gel? Both are meant to help i believe

I just got Nizarol, psoriasis has really kicked up, fully covering my entire head, itches like crazy. Update on my hair most of my graft's have shed and i'm only 2 weeks out. I have been scratching at my psoriasis. Should i be worried or is this normal? I look almost as if i had nothing done, good new's is that almost all the redness is gone.

Sounds like you're in contact with Matt regarding prescription for the psorisis. We definately want to get it under control.

• 5 months later...