FUT 4000+ with Dr. Rahal

nomorehats

Hello,

I have been a regular user and obtained a lot of valuable information from this website, keep up the good work. I learned a lot from reading various forums, and thought I should share my experience as well. Because I believe someone else may learn something from my experience and I am always looking to obtain more information.

So my HT surgery is set for next week with Dr. Rahal. I must admit I am a bit nervous, but I am certain that Dr Rahal and his team will take good care of me. I'm looking into going into his office this week or next week to discuss how my hairline will look like. He suggested that I need a total of 6000 grafts to achieve the best result, but he said that I should be good with 4000+ grafts for my first HT.

I will keep you guys posted on how my surgery goes...keeping my fingers cross that it goes well. Here are a few pics before my HT surgery.

Take Care,

IMG_0126.jpg.73659423df58d3e833af9fd7c3280a2d.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg.809db64f42a99a3f4d2f0332760ac4af.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg.b3c7e25ef794985e12016b03b36fad1f.jpg

Good luck. Your pattern is similar to mine. I obtained 5229 from Dr. Rahal in my first procedure and it has completely transformed me. I will eventually do a second to hit the crown but I am in no rush.

When Dr. R stated 6000 grafts for a best result, was he referring to addressing the crown as part of that 6000?

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Good luck...u r in GREAT hands...if you have any questions/concerns before the surgery read my write up...u staying at Foxbar?

orlhair1- thanks buddy I appreciate it.

Cant decide- yes Dr. Rahal mentioned that 6000 grafts includes the crown. Do you still have your before and after pics? I would love to see them.

Capelli11- Hey, I been following your results, your hair looks amazing. I was really impressed with the work that Dr. Rahal performed on your hairline.

And i'm not staying at foxbar, I consider myself lucky because I reside in Ottawa. And I will definitely write you up if I have any questions.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

nomorehats,

Congratulations on our upcoming hair transplant with Dr. Rahal. I'm sure you'll be thrilled with your decision when it's all said and done. I hope you will continue to update us on your progress and you progress in your hair restoration journey.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks everyone for the vote of confidence. Hey Cantdecide I read your experience with Dr. Rahal, your hair looks AMAZING can you go into detail as to what density you obtained and how many 3, 2, and 1 hair did Dr. Rahal put on you? And also what do you mean by crown laterals? Also what is the total area including your crown?

I am reading Capelli11 experience, great job buddy I love the detail you put in.

Hi - Dr. Rahal planted the following grafts per sq cm:

59 at the hairline

55 just behind that

50 behind that to about the middle of the top and then about 42 at the back middle and about 38 at the back mid scalp.

By crown laterals, I mean the crown thinning that you can see when looking at somone from the left and right sides. For example, take a look at your right and left profile pics you posted here and the crown thinning that creeps to the sides of the head are crown laterals. For guys like you and me where the back of the head the hair is still pretty high and the crown thinning has not dropped to far down, it is these darn laterials that are a problem. Make sure Dr. Rahal hits these good on you because these are what make or break your side profiles. My right laterial is still weak but my left is solid.

I am lucky enough to have a donor bank of 10,000 plus grafts and an anverage hair per graft count of 2.3 so I had allot of three hair grafts which helped my results. My hair is medium to fine however. The total area covered on me was 110 sq cm but did not include the middle of the crown which was not touched at all. That is why I was surprised that Dr. Rahal said that 6000 would also cover your crown since my hairloss is almost identical to yours. In fact, I thought you were posting pics of me at first :) and 5229 did not cover my crown (except the laterials). Dr. Rahal told me I would need another 3000 for the crown.

My head must be bigger than yours :)

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Dr. Rahal, as most docs on here, end up getting more grafts than quoted. You are in an amazing set of hands! Great luck to you!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

You are in great hands!!

When you meet with Dr. Rahal, come up with a game plan for your HT. Do you want one large HT to rebuild the hairline and then place some coverage in the crown? Do you want two large surgeries, one in which you build up a strong hairline/front half and then a second where you build up the crown?

Dr. Rahal will advise you on his professional opinion, but will also work with what you want. Definitely come up with a strategy with him

With your level of loss, I would personally do two large sessions--I know one session would be preferable--again work this out with Dr. Rahal. Anyway, one to rebuild the front half first, then a second one to build the crown. That way you will have an amazing hairline and strong front half. The crown can be filled in later, as long as you remember that the crown can be a "black hole" for grafts (a lot can be used up there)...that is why I would start with the front, which is how most people see you first.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Nomorehats

You are gonna do great...you are in the best hands with Dr Rahal...let me tell you something about him..he is a GREAT guy, but on the morning of surgery, he is all business...he runs a well oiled machine..I just had over 4800 grafts from him 3 weeks ago today!!He and his staff work in unison and never miss a beat...from him doing the harvesting and incision holes to the cutters and planters doing their jobs...it was great!!! Now, post op, expect some swelling and minor discomfort..however, like you said, you live in Ottawa and I would go see Mike everyday for at least a week for my post op cleaning...good luck and keep us posted!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

• 2 weeks later...
cant decide, can i email you with questions. i am considering a HT as well with rahal and ur transformation was amazing.

Im not can't decide, but I will be happy to answer any Rahal questions for you...:)

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

• 1 month later...