Duration one can expect new hairs to continue to sprout up?

I am a little over 5 months from my FUE transplantion (1508 grafts). The procedure went well and I am seeing some good growth. Its looking good but not as dense as I would like. How long should I expect new hairs to continue to sprout through the scalp? I was told up to 8 months. Is that accurate or have you see otherwise? I am not so much curious about maturation of hairs as i know the hairs will get thicker over time/up to 12 months, but i am more concerned about what the timeframe is for me to pretty much accept that all the hairs have sprouted through.

Thank you for any commments!

Where were those 1508 grafts placed? That will determine how dense it is. 5 months is very early. You can thicken for up to 18 months, so be patient. ;)

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Seen as though no one has answered the actual question I will try answer with my own experience over 3 transplants but really you would need the answer from a few others to try work out a general average as we're all different.

I have actually seen in all my transplants newly sprouting hairs as late as ten months but not many. I'm currently at ten months now and I can spot 4 new hairs breaking through if I move my hair with a comb.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

As Bonker pointed out, everyone's growth rate differs. I am almost 11 months out and I still feel tiny stubs popping through, mostly in my crown which is an area that notoriously takes longer (I believe it has to do with blood supply). Thickening of the hair shaft can take from 12-18 months and you will be surprised at what a difference it will make in the overall appearance. As has also been mentioned, 5 months is very early in the game still. Good growing to you!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hairthere just out of interest can you see any mate? I don't feel any now.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I feel them but cannot see them. Honestly a lot of the grafts when they first break through have not been visible which leads me to believe they come through as very thin and thicken as they lengthen.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thank you all for your responses. I seriously appreciate the time that everyone took in responding to my post. The transpant was done to my frontal hairline and temple areas. I am looking forward to the months to come as more hairs start to strout through and density increase.

Hairthere I think you're right the majority are like that.

The odd thing is around 6 months I always feel terminal hair spikes in a area but when I ask someone to look with a magnifying glass they can never see them. I've come to the conclusion when you feel spikes a lot of the time they must actually be Ht hairs that are at least a cm long but are rough and abrasive giving a texture when you fell them the same as stubble.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1