Affordable Hair Transplant in London?

andyjay90

Hi everyone.

Im new to this site.

Im 22. Looking for an affordable hair surgeon/hair clinic in London. My current budget would be 2500 pound maximum. I have visited several clinics and had free consultations, to which they all say i have good hair, though i am slightly receding in the temple area. They said if i were to go ahead i would only need 1000 hair grafts.

However i cant seem to find a reasonable deal. Nearly every clinic charges in the region of 6 pound + per hair graft.

I would be grateful for any advice given.

Thanks

Andy

Edited by andyjay90

If that's your photo on your profile than I would say you are not a candidate as it looks Ike your hair is quite good, but it's only one angle. In the uk I would suggest Dr Farjo they produce good results and are very consistent. Price should not be your only factor go to the best you will regret it later on.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thanks for the reply mate.

Yes thats my photo. My hair in general is pretty good. I've taken the pic from that angle as that is where my main concern is... the temple area. I have researched Dr Farjo, but the prices are 5 pound per hair graft, which would mean in total the procedure would cost 5000 pound which is abit much to be honest. And i only require work on the temple area nothing too major.

Are there any other clinics that have a more reasonable price?

Everywhere in the UK will be expensive, you have to look abroad for cheaper prices, transmead in turkey is one , found them to be the cheapest, one of the doctors is recommened on here, might be worth getting in touch with them and getting a quote! ( not sure of the quality of work but they have website and are recommened on here so cant be that bad i guess ) !! :D

There is no one else in the uk that I would recommend this is an investment for the rest of your life. If its expensive for you than save up or finance it because even though it may be a small case it can still look very unnatural. I still don't think you are a candidate because your hair looks good but I may not be seeing the photo properly.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I had a HT in the uk 4 years ago and got sucked in by the glossy ad in the back of a Health magazine. Yeah they where cheap but you get what you pay for and last year i had to travel to New York to fix the botch job that i received.

Best to pay more now and get the job down right than go cheaper and end up paying to get it fixed later:mad:

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

I'm not sure if they do but many in the u.s offer it, not sure if its different in the uk. You can also try for a loan through your bank.

Edited by Thehairupthere
Typo

Dr Ziering did Jason Gardiners hair transplant, but he is not recommended on here and i would avoid him Andyjay.

You cannot 'budget' for a hair transplant with arbitrary amount of money as in this industry, you cannot have a excellent cheap hair transplant.

If they are cheap, it more often than not means they are bad and will waste your limited supply of donor hair, leave you scarred and needing further surgery.

I have personal experience of this at the same age as you are now, when i had 'cheap surgery' in the Uk.

It would be helpful if you posted clear pictures of your current hairloss to gain feedback.

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

thanks for the reply.

Dont know who jason gardiner is but i googled imaged him and this came up.

jasongardinerrexgetty.jpg

What are your guys thoughts on this? i've heard mixed responses about ziering :S

And yeah true im going to look to try finance it. Judging by my picture would you think 1000 hair grafts is really needed? or can i get away with 500. Its just the temples i need restoration in

Dr ziering is good if you like having to use powdered concealer in your hair after the ht has grown out. lol

He sent jason gardiner on uk national tv to promote his work and to show his results but they cheated the public falsifying the result by filling jasons hair full of concealer to make it look twice as thick.

Wouldn't of been a problem if they'd of shown the result of the transplant and then put the concealer in but they didn't mention it at all. I've lost all respect for him now he seemed ok before he started blagging!

The left picture posted above was jasons daft wig, below is a link to jason and ziering deceiving the uk public on tv.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Skill wise his results were ok before all this but how can you trust a man who deceives the public if he's willing to go on tv like that then he doesn't care about the public therefore it's not likely he cares about you.

A friend of mine was gonna get a ht because he seen jasons wonderful result on tv then he found a photo of jasons results without concealer and it looks nothing like as thick as it does in the video above.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

hmmm fair enough. But maybe if the procedure wasnt a big one, then it wouldnt be such a big risk going with him? i dont require the extensive work jason gardiner had done all over his head practically. I just want to restore slightly the temple region. Basically go from a norwood 2, to norwood 1 again.

the only reason im more on going ahead with ziering, is a) the price is more affordable and b) his clinic offers a finance option.

I'l just have to do more reading man

Stay away from the UK period

More expensive per graft, too many bad cases that need to be repaired by going over to the US.

Your situation might be suitable for very small procedure via FUE get your self over to NY a favourite for brits. Dr Feller does what he calls 'postage stamp' lunchtime sessions for cases that may be like yourself i.e. minor cases that do not warrant a lot of grafts.

his reputation is first class and he creates consisternt great work - reserahc him here and see for yoruself.

forget the Uk,

I personally went to the US after researching on this forum for many months it was a no brainer.

best

Uk R

:)2250 Strip Dr Feller

:)1900 Strip Dr Feller

-----------------------------------

2 Great HT's & Experiences

-----------------------------------

If I was you I'd see bisanga he's not that far from us and will do you proud with fue. I know you think to your self oh it's just a little op but it's the front of your head it's so important to get that right and if a few don't grow right or are put in at poor angles you'll look like a tool. Hate to be harsh but that's the crack!

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

A 22 year old nw2 looking for a "deal" is a recipe for disaster. Get on with your life as your hair is not a problem, but it could become one if you pursue a HT.

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

If any doc is willing to do a HT on you he is an unethical hack. You don't have hair problems - move on with our life.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Ha I'd not looked at your pic properly as I thought it was just to show a good head of hair how you'd like it but if that is you in your avatar then yes I don't see a problem too. Your hairline looks to die for.

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1