Anyone has experience with Beauty Travels 24?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi danca and seeker07

Ive sent you a private message with the details but as you are junior members on here you might not be able to recieve emails.

If not, drop me an email at roblloyd77@hotmail.com and i'll send you what i can.

In answer to the "are you happy with the results?", i'm extremely happy! Search for my posts on here and you'll see i am documenting the progress over a full 18 month period.

Hope this helps

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Hi s2thoudriver,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply, and let me tell you that after seeing your before/after HT pics in the website link you sent me I was amazed! Great result mate..I'm really happy for you.

I will drop yuo an e-mail with some pics of my head of hair, so that may be you can give me some tips/advices.

Thanks again!

Hi yes I've had a HT with beauty travels 24....it's a large german hospital group....beauty travels 24 is actually a booking agent but the hospital it self is a state of the art private hospital set up in Istanbul, as well as other countries. They cater for all sorts of surgery from a&e, plastic surgery and have a whole floor dedicated to FUE HT's. The costing is relatively low due to the the low labour costs In Turkey......I also know others who have had a HT at this hospital and are at various stages of the recovery process...I'm currently at week 10 but as you can imagine I'm at the very early stages and have a loooong way to go!

If you need further info let me know......

Hi Diesel786,

How did your HT go with Beauty Travels 24 so far? have noticed some positive results? do you have pics to share with me?

I really am on the urge of trying them but I'm not quite sure about it...any advices?

Thanks a lot in advance

• 1 month later...

Beauty Travels 24 is very professional and the prices really good. The problem is I can not find anyone who can give me a feedback. I will keep trying!

An amazing experience (4002 grafts) with Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED Clinic).

I personally would never go with Beauty Travels 24. They have a very negative image on the german discussion sites, they do a lot of advertisement, and are trying to catch hair loss patients with cheap prices and statements, that everybody who is at least a little engaged in HTs would consider simply as ridiculous.

They are also suspicioned with lots of hidden promotion. You don`t find anybody that you would attest credibility due to a forum history or so that would ever endorse them. Contrary, everyone that posts positive reviews about them only just registered, pictures or a documented history are never delivered.

Antic information such as about the breakfast, the hotel quality are made. One user told about 5 doctors being present at the surgeries, wich tends to impress complete newbies. That`s also the tenor of the posts: That totally unexperienced folks, that are on the search for cheap HTs, google the term and find threads such as this one here.

Although they are years in the business, there is NOT A SINGLE documented case as far as I know, it`s up to you to decide what that means.

The promotion policy is very obvious for people who have a brain and can think for themselves, unfortunately, still enough people are taken in anyway. In every case, I would take every strange endorsement about them with a pinch of salt.

I can only advise people: Do a good research, otherwise you`re gonna regret it for the rest of your lives. There are so many great surgeons with a good and comprehensible reputation, that even can be a good decision, too, if you factor the costs. Good luck to you all!

Edited by Questionmark

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

All of these surgeons (in the ISHRS) are fully dedicated hair transplant affiliated global surgeons who have an international conference yearly and you can see which surgeons attended and how long they have practised.

Edited by Future_HT_Doc
outside link removed

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I've joined this site for the specific purpose of discussing my experience with Beauty Travels 24.

Like probably most people on this site i'd considered having a hair transplant for a number of years. I'd debate the subject with friends, have a laugh, open myself to ridicule, and go through all the various thought processes and scenarios that you do when the issue of male pattern baldness rears its unwanted,shiny head. Eventually, two things happened; Wayne Rooney had his transplant, and a friend of mine suddenly took the plunge and had about 1800 grafts with the Zeiring Group in London. He went for the FUT method and though he healed slowly, due to a rampant cocaine habit, after five months or so the results began to show. It made a major difference to his self-perception and he badgered me for ages to get it done. I baulked at the price and did more research. I finally stumbled on Beauty Travels 24. The price was tremendous, the cheapest I could find, though like everyone on here I worried whether I would end up looking like Quasimodo, or a freak in a circus show. I did more research, came on here and other sites, till eventually I booked it. The price for the FUE procedure was roughly 2100 euros for between 2000-2500 grafts. If I remember rightly you need to bring that in cash with you over to Istanbul. It also includes an overnight stay in their hospital and two further nights in a rather nice hotel overlooking the Bosphorus. Or something like that, it tells you on the website. I flew from London which costs you a further ?350 - not included in the price.

On my arrival in Istanbul there was a bit of a mix-up. I had also booked some cosmetic dentistry and there was some confusion about which procedure would take place, but it was soon resolved: teeth before hair. I was accompanied by a translator, provided by the travel company, and after I had my teeth done I proceeded to the hospital for the transplant. I booked in, was visited by the consultant, and had my FUE the next morning. I had been worried, but the translator told me that they do about nine procedures every day and that seemed to put me at ease. There's no point going on about the consultant, he doesn't do the work. It was done by a technician under him, but to be honest, that quite pleased me. The technician looked young, fit and focused - with good eyes. i certainly fancied him to do a better job than some old 'fatboy' consultant. And that was one of the thoughts that came to me during the nine hour procedure. You need to be fit to do this, with good concentration levels. It's not rocket science.

I had 2400 grafts for which they charged me 2000 euros. I spent a further 3 days in Istanbul sight-seeing with a very nice Turkish lady, what a lovely city. When I returned home I went through all the stages of examining the hair and waiting for growth, included the dreaded 'ugly duckling' period. At four and a half months it started growing and kept on going.

It's about a year since I had the procedure and I'm very happy, in some ways I've found it quite hard to cope with the extra female attention. I told my female hairdresser that and she's almost dined out on the story, telling all her friends. In truth, if I wanted an absolute corking head of hair and fancied sporting a 'soul-boy wedge' I reckon I'd need another thousand grafts - I hope I can resist the temptation. As for Turkey and Beauty Travels 24 I'm completely satisfied with them, I got what I hoped for, exactly what they said in the brochure. For your information, they are a German company who make the bookings for you. The Turks were great, really nice people and they did their job professionally, I'm very, very pleased. I hope this has been of some assistance, which was my purpose for coming on here. Good luck all, and remember, it doesn't have to be that way!

Edited by newbeliever

Hi there. Yes, extremely happy with the results and they continue to get better.

I'll drop you an email with the details, hope it helps.

Regards

Rob

ey. I really want to see scorecar. be kind enough to send me some pictures and tell me how they were. I intend to take the surgery but I am uncertain.

• 2 weeks later...

I've gone through 2750 grafts through beautytravel24 on the 26th of june this year, I have yet to see any noticable changes now 3 months and a week after. I had the top-rear done, a fairly large thinning area.

New believer: What do you know about the surgeon who operated you? Dr. Ermis seems to have his credentials in order, but he did not do my op himself and this seems to be the standard with them. Someone unknown who's credentials and experience is still unknown to me did the job and I think it's... funny, that they can't see (or simply don't appreciate?) the uneasiness this might create on the customers' side.

Thx for sharing.

• 2 months later...

Hi, just to add to the discussion, I have had the FUE HT at the above mentioned venue on the 19th December 2013. My experiences are generally positive and my friend whom went to the place last year has shown me the results. I am impressed how they can afford such a package, but having done it now, I can see how they have achieved it. Firstly, the clinic is operated by TUV. A large German standardisation company in multiple sectors. Then we have the place, its called University College Hospital. Its actually involved in multiple operations in a wide variety of human biology. From FUE, to Fertility treatment this place does it all. Their ISO 9001 certifications are based on the company that is underwritting all this which is TUV and not the hospital themselves.

My partner and I were picked up from the airport without any issue. We were taken to a hotel since the xmas period is always busy. I had a consultation with the Dr but he was clear that it wont be him who will be doing the op. I was suprised but happy to continue. The Dr has various understuides whom do a decent job. They dont speak much English but we did have access to the interpreter.

The op was carried out the next day. 8am -4pm. They did around 3,300 grafts and the op was painless apart from the injecting of the local anthesia. For me, this was the most unpleasent part of the experience. I was injected with it initally around 17 times at various locatons, particularly in the donar area. The op was rather tiring and I had lost some blood. I found that this clinic is not a hospital i would be used to in the UK. It was not as clinical as I would have prefered and my blood was leaking on the floor. I found this not very hygenic and later found out why the initial blood tests only cover HIV, Hep etc due to the chances of cross infection. My hope was that the should be testing other things in your blood not just the 3 or 4 things stated.

The clinic food was awful. No different to normal hospital food but since it was priviate your expectations (wrongly) was for much more. Dont get me wrong, my review is not aimed to desaude you from coming here, infact, I would recommend it but just know what to expect. Many reviews on here have been about secondary resources but I have been here and just returned.

Just a note, the local anthesia will all eventually come out of your forehead downwards. you will have swelling and depending on how you sat after the op for a few days will determine if your eyes and face swell up. My recommendation is to go for 5 days and 4 nights. Try to get the op done in the first two days. This will give you a good time to recover. The first 4 days you will have to sleep on your back. I found this the hardest. The hotels have very bad pillows and it is something you will just have to cope with. I found a small maternity pillow really helpful as my neck was supported and elevated my head higher. This is particularly important for those whom have crown implants.

The flight back was fine and recovery at home was much more nicer. I am here to help, please post or email me any questions you may have about my experience. I will be as honest as possible in my feedback. Secondaly, dont suffer if you have a good donor area, your life can change. We are not far away from a cure to MPB about until then, dont waste time, for the cost of a high end TV, you will get something that lasts much longer. Be brave, take the step into FUE. Good luck.

Shaz:)

Thx for the feedback, mrshazz, much appreciated :-)

On hygiene: Yes, I was also surprised that the windows were open into the operating room during my session. Istanbul-air is not exactly clean. I wonder if TUV has a standard for operating environments not being followed... And, yes, the anesthetic was quite painful, but I had no swelling at all post-op and the pillow was fine for me. Yes, the food was not great, but for that pricetag, go out and eat and the cheap diner just 100 meters away, much better!

I just passed the six month mark this Christmas Eve and so will be doing a "milestone thread" soon the get some opinions on the result so far. I had a crown job done and from what I hear, these are notoriously slow to grow. Anyone knowing HOW much slower and what yield to expect up there? Would be nice with an average timeline- and yield on crownjobs to calibrate ones expectations. I have medium-thin hair but lots of it around the problem area. The total was 2750 grafts.

Beauty Travels 24 is very professional and the prices really good. The problem is I can not find anyone who can give me a feedback. I will keep trying!

How do you know. that they are "very professional" if you don't have any feedback?

Edited by follicleknight