The waiting, waiting, and waiting!!!

Hi,

This period after the hair transplant is the most difficult. I bet your continually looking at your head in the mirror. I did this for quite some time until I bot bored with obsessing about my hair.

Good luck

Regards

Ro

Yes.....it is difficult to forget about it......as hard as I tried, I found myself looking for that first hair coming through......it will be here before you know it!

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

The first 2-3 months completely suck. Hang tough and think positive!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Rod G, of course you are 100% right...We obsess in the mirror even if we aren't normally inclined to do so. And I think many of us try not to look in the mirror and be constantly reminded of hair loss.

After my most recent HT's I did lots of post op looking. I healed and then got busy with work. But as soon as I broke from work for 2 weeks I started obsessing....

Hey guys!!

CHEERS UP! I always looked at it this way:

I have spent my whole life losing my hair as time went on. Now, I get to enjoy the luxury of time as my hair grows in ..

It is uphill from here!

Relax and enjoy the ride

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Well, here's the thing- you are going to look aesthetically better in the next 6-12 months right? You might as well work on some other areas of your life that need attention. It doesn't have to be physical or superficial either; just use some of that energy that's been spent on worrying over your head on a project that you've put on the back burner at home or at work.

A lot of guys like to hit the weights or get in the habit of doing regular cardio. You can drop a few pounds or tone up the old body and make a serious impact by the time the hair starts to mature. It sounds rather superficial, but it does synergize within the HT timeline, as 6 months of exercise can be significant.

If you track your HT progress with monthly photos; you could even track your physical progress with photos. Something to think about. But, like I said, if you already are in great shape you might as well address the other opportunities in your life (everyone has some).

1 year from now, none of this will matter. You will have hair and will enjoy the "fruits of your labor."

I'm 3 weeks post and still have most of my "stubbly" FUE hairs..I hope they stick around! Have a bit of shock loss

in the crown and my donor area is just now filling in as a result of the shaving from FUE extraction

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

How much sport can you do from week 5 onwards?

Running (how much), Tennis, Football, Rugby?

I wouldn't do a lot of contact sports just to be on the safe side, or strenuous weight lifting..running is fine!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Almost anything but be very careful with contact sports

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 2 months later...

You can do a lot, just take it easy (and I would'nt play contact sports yet)

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!