What Exactly is this supplement MSM and where can i buy it

Hi

Am now 6 weeks post HT. The pre existing hair i had before the op is still very very slow to grow back. In fact its growing at a snails pace and i still look almost bald on top wheras before i had good coverage altho it was thinning.

Ive been applying regaine to the recipient area for 2 weeks as well as taking biotin tablets and this seems to have finally started growth. After a dreadful 1st month post HT.

However i understand there is this MSM which is also good. Could someone kindly explain what this is and hwere to buy it in the Uk and dosages typical pric e etc

thanks a lot

"Methylsulfonylmethane" (MSM) is an organic source of sulfur, which, according to my bottle, is one of the major building blocks of "glycosaminoglycans" , which is a "key structural component in the maintenance of joint cartilage", and it is also good for hair, skin, and nails.

As far as dosage, I take 750 mg a day, but am bumping it up to 1500 mg. The bottle actually recommends three pills daily (one with each meal) which would be 2250 mg per day, but I think 1500 mg is enough.

You can buy them anywhere you buy vitamins.

Doesn't cause a shed it just makes your nails and hair grow faster as i have tried it and can say it actually seems to do so. It must some how push out dead cells faster because i suffer from a bit of acne but whilst using msm my face was completely covered in spots so don't use if prone to spots or acne as it took me 7 months to see my face again.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Hi

Am now 6 weeks post HT. The pre existing hair i had before the op is still very very slow to grow back. In fact its growing at a snails pace and i still look almost bald on top wheras before i had good coverage altho it was thinning.

Ive been applying regaine to the recipient area for 2 weeks as well as taking biotin tablets and this seems to have finally started growth. After a dreadful 1st month post HT.

However i understand there is this MSM which is also good. Could someone kindly explain what this is and hwere to buy it in the Uk and dosages typical pric e etc

thanks a lot

You have made it 6 weeks post-op and in another 6 weeks, you should begin seeing new growth emerging. I tried MSM once and it did nothing to speed up the regrowth. The best thing to do is nothing and just let it come in and grow!

Happy regrowth to you!:)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thanks Gillenator.

TBH mate if i could just get my pre op existing hair back within the next 6 weeks i would be ecstatic. Its been a terrible ordeal on this third 3 HT to for the first time experience shock loss (fist sized bald patch on fue donor area to right, smaller one on left, and general lack of old hair regrowth in recip area due to shock and being shaved down for op- that wasnt done on fiorst two ops which were strips).

The recovery on my first 2 ops (250graft and 750 graft) respectivelly was like a dream, no shock loss, no hassle after 2 weeks off..) just a smile in my mind every day i woke up and went to work and a great subtle result!

This one has been a bloody nightmare and its affected my life drastically having to hide away from friends and the gf who has just about walked out asking why i always wear a hat suddenly. just hope the next 6 weeks things improve!

Ha ha snap my 3rd has been a real hide away job with it being strip and the others fue it took 4 months to get back my pre op hair. It's all good at least you know you're taking a whack now to recover and gain a better future.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

thanks bonkerstonker tbh mate its your thread and than your improvement about what happened to you, that has kept me going, as our pre 3rd HT hairlines were very similar as well as the way u looked one month post HT. I cant wait to make it to 2 months. I just hope the next 2 weeks are big. Most my recip area seems to have a huge amount of pimples with small spiky hairs sticking up! Under extreme light which i work under, being in graphic design, it makes me look like i had brain surgery!

Thanks newhairloss, i also have dodgy knees from years of cross country, so im sure the MSM will help that too!

I got some today at GNC 1000mg 30 tablets for ?5.89! Ill take 2000mg a day!

Shockloss is nerve racking but as long as you had a good surgeon which I'm sure you had then it will return. Before my Ht I was nervous having a Ht in-between so much existing hair but I'd do it a million times now.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Shockloss is nerve racking but as long as you had a good surgeon which I'm sure you had then it will return. Before my Ht I was nervous having a Ht in-between so much existing hair but I'd do it a million times now.

i am having shockloss at my donor area now, freaking me out whenever i shampoo my hair.

hi bonkerstoner, i saw ur blog and found that u too had this problem. have all the shockloss around your scar regrow back?

Edited by tarepanda

Yes it grows back by month 5 I'd imagine yours will be quicker as my scar stretched so it made things harder for me as I required more length to comb over the scar.

A big game changer for me regarding the scar was at month 5 I had my hair cut I walked into the barber shop with a obvious scar and walked out with a invisible scar. I know in theory that makes no sense to cut hair and get better coverage but he used the scar line as a step down margin between buzz blades from blade 5 to 4 and it disappeared into the hair cut.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Possibly you can have the strip scar revised so it is not as wide but get it evaluated for that because it requires adequate laxity.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY