Safe to Apply regaine in HT recipient area 31 days after HT?

31 days post HT which was 2450 grafts placed in temples and front area of head only. There was a fair amount of hair already present in this area pre HT which has been very slow to grow back. That said about 35% of the actual HT grafts carried on growing immediately after surgery and are still growing. i rub my hair with my hands all the time and they still dont fall out.

Question is this, to try and speed up the pre op hair growing back and snapping out of the shock loss,. IS IT SAFE FOR ME TO APPLY REGAINE 5% FOAM TO THE RECIPIENT AREA AT MY TEMPLES AND FRONT TWICE A DAY ? The pinkness from the operatuon has receded quite a lot altho there is some still. Will using regaine 5% like this now help speed things up. (PS I dont have access to finesteride and also dont wish to take it for possible sides and later dependance). I am already getting plenty of sleep, taking biotin tablets and eating plenty of fruits and vegetables.

My only concern is that if i apply regaine % foam to my recipient area i have heard there can be a shed initially which i obviously dont need right now. I must confess it has been 3 weeks since i started for the 1st time in my life using regaine 5% on my crown which is an area which needs it, and i have not seen any shed there. than again i was shaved bald for the FUE so nothing to shed.

Thanks

Edited by iwokeuptoabaldpatch

you can use it about 2 weeks post HT...who was your doctor? Ask them before you start just to get their opinion. How is it to apply twice a day? Is it a burden? I might have to start but really am dreading it because i don't want to have to marry it...propecia is easy in that you pop the pill once a day and forget about it.

its no burden to apply takes 10 seconds, but like u "i dont want to marry it"..either.......... if it causes initial shedding in the recipient area or more reddening i wont use it cos the last thing i need after this appaling shock loss ......and i think rare will be the person who has suffered it to my extent........ is more hair loss even temporary. i dont want to take fin either, its too expensive in the UK, and i cant afford any side effects.

thanks guys 4 the replies.

Edited by iwokeuptoabaldpatch

NewHair & Capelli are right, it's usually 2 weeks after surgery date. The patient care rep told me to wait till all my scabs went away before I started applying it after the 2 week mark. My scabs lasted a little longer so I had to wait before I applied Rogaine. To be on the safe side, I just waited like 25 days before I started.

I apply it all over my head, from the temples, hairline, midscalp, to the crown. I apply it once a night now. For me, it did cause a red/pinkish HUE initially in the recipient zone. However, that has subsided. It's not like that for everyone, so just test it and out see if you see the same. Probably, would be best to check it out on your day off. Good Luck.

i dont want to take fin either, its too expensive in the UK, and i cant afford any side effects.

You should get in touch with Spex. There is a doctor in the UK who prescribes to him and many others on here and it is very cheap. Fin goes a long way in saving hair from MPB and also from hair being lost during a transplant.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D