Invisible effect of Hair Restoration - Am I alone?

I recently had a HT a couple weeks ago and there are a few effects that occured to me that I did not really expect beforehand. Thought I would share and get some feedback from others.

1. I did not expect to feel better as soon as I made the decision and set up the appointment, I never felt better about coughing up 1k as I did when I made the deposit to secure an appointment.

2. I did not realize how nervous I would get the night before, the morning of, and during the cutting phase of the HT, truth be known I was as nervous as I ever get.

3. While viewing HT photos prior to the HT I thought is was pretty awful to see and was worried for myself but amazingly after the HT I did not mind seeing mine at all, in fact it was comforting to me.

4. Pain wise, I was expecting it to be much worse, the worst turned out to be living with the stiches for 10 days, mine hurt and I needed medication to sleep proper, outside that there was very little pain involved.

5. I did not expect to have the sense of aging backwards, maybe I expected a it in some way but could not have forecasted the true impact, it was and still is awesome feeling.

6. I did not realize how happy it would make me sub-consciously, or maybe I had gotten used to suffering with MPB, all I know is there is a part of my mind that has had perma grin ever since I received the HT, this procedure gave me some sense of peace regarding a subject that has caused me much unrest.

These were things I did not expect to happen but experienced and I am a person that is intuitive and can be somewhat predictive of a given situation.

Edited by OneHairLeft

Interesting post. I might just print this out and show it to patients who are wondering how they are going to feel after having the procedure. I know everyone will not feel the same as you did, but it is encouraging to hear your story. Thanks!