What to expect 10 days after Transplant.

Hi Chaps. Just a few questions, what should i expect at about day 10 after transplant it's started scabbing and bits of skin are falling off that look like they contain a follicule, im sure i read this somewhere else and its nothing to be worried by?. Also when should i shower normally without worrying im going to damage the transplanted hair im sure i was advised about 14 days after. And would it damage anything if i were to start using coconut oil on the area?. thanks

10 days after the procedure you are safe to shower normally, some doctors prefer that you wait a little longer erring to the side of caution. It is normal to see dandruff at this point and sometimes you will see hair in them, but the follicle itself is still in your scalp, you will notice all of your hairs shedding (many times with the skin attached to it) making it seem as if the follicle itself is coming out, but it's not.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

ric26, 10 days out those grafts are just fine. Truthfully they are pretty well rooted 2-3 days out, but you can always dislodge them so you should err on the side of caution. The black dot is fine. Sometimes it's an L shape. Unless you have a bloody looking bulb, nothing to worry about.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thanks Hairthere. They have started to shed and it looks like i have got alot of dandruff, and i can't help but massage the area lightly untill the dry skin falls off. I've been told off a few times by the girlfriend to leave it alone, this shouldnt cause any damage should it?. There's alot of shedding but everything looks quite well healed, no bleeding just loads of black dots and skin falling off. I'm really tempted to give it a good wash today and actually rub the area instead of just letting the watered down shampoo run over it. Any advice would be really good. Thanks

It's been 11 days now? You can wash your hair and massage the transplanted area with your finger tips (no nails!). The grafts have taken root by now so they can't fall out anymore. You just have to be careful not to damage them, so don't bump your head against any doors or so. ;)

Thats what i wanted to hear because i can't stop massaging the top of my head because the skins falling off, im not picking or scratching just massaging in circular motions. :)

When you say you can't stop, yes, most physicians say its okay at this point to rub lightly, however I would not constantly do it..IMO

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

When you say you can't stop, yes, most physicians say its okay at this point to rub lightly, however I would not constantly do it..IMO

Agreed. Its better to do that massage while bathing in warm water when the scalp is wet.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

rlc26 - remember that it is not the hair itself which is the important thing which was transplanted, it is the hair follicle. It is expected that the hairs will fall out within the first 20-30 days, and scabs/dry skin will also fall out, sometimes attached to the hair.

I'm only 3 days out from my HT, but here is what Dr Feller has mentioned:

- After 3 days, the hairs are set in the scalp and it is actually beneficial to gently massage them with water + shampoo + fingertips

- If a graft falls out, it will also bleed. No bleeding means that there is no reason to worry.

Thanks Hairthere. They have started to shed and it looks like i have got alot of dandruff, and i can't help but massage the area lightly untill the dry skin falls off. I've been told off a few times by the girlfriend to leave it alone, this shouldnt cause any damage should it?. There's alot of shedding but everything looks quite well healed, no bleeding just loads of black dots and skin falling off. I'm really tempted to give it a good wash today and actually rub the area instead of just letting the watered down shampoo run over it. Any advice would be really good. Thanks

:) hi, im 32 days post HT now, and lol, reading your posts here, you are echoing my own thoughts and feelings word for word at the stage u are at. By day 9.5 i was going crazy wanting to shampoo myself properly. I flipped and day 10/11 i did start picking at the scabs and loosening them off. A lot of hair and skin and scabs came off....than i shampood hard.....its now day 32 and i can already see the same hairs very very short in my scalp particularly at front. So as all these more knowledgable than me guys say u will be fine!:) none of the grafts have been lost unless u see bleeding

hi, iwoketoaboldpatch. lol, Glad someone has experienced the same its day 14 post HT for me now all the scabs and skin have fall off and i can already see the hair. I had no bleeding so hopefully the grafts will be ok then. Thanks for the replys chaps.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

hi

i am 27 years old. i done a hair transparent in both FUT and FIT methods 16 days ago. during last 16 days i take care of my hairs completely and no touch or hair come out was happened. in last 16 days i just wash my hairs every day without touching them. in day 16 i went to doctor check and he said begin to wash your hairs by your hands slightly to delete scabs and other black dots in heed. i did as doctor said but when i washing them the scabs come outwith hairs attached to the. however end of hairs are nothing attached and scabs are almost at middle of shed ed hair.

is it normal? is the root safe in my head or ...?

there is no blood at all and the are separating from head very easily after 20 minutes at steamy bath.

please guide me.

also there is a lot of dandruff in my scalp.

You are doing fine. You did not lose anything.

At this point in time, your grafts are well secure and it is more important to now clean up your scalp by getting a little more aggressive in scrubbing your scalp to remove any scabbing and crusts.

What did you mean by FUE and then having "FIT" ? Did you mean FUT?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

i as i know FUT is surgical and FIT is non-surgical method.

i washed my scalp carefully and there is no scabs and dead skin anymore.everything is just OK.

another question that i have is that my doctor said to use following drugs:

Tab: Vit E

Tab: Ecophane

Amp: BIOTIN & BEPANTHENE

is there any other special vitimanis which i should use?

Glad to hear that you are doing well.

Vitamin C will help facilitate the healing process...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY