Minox/Rogaine on the hairline

MyNameIsRich

I've been on Rogaine for just under 2 months now, and I only apply it once a day, at any time really (from early morning to very very late at night) and im definitely seeing new hair sprouting on the hairlines corners. I apply two blobs to either side of my hair line and a big blob in the middle of my head, and rub it all over for good measure, but yeah, I'm definitely seeing hairs sprouting through that I hadn't seen in a while. Obviously its still early days, so ill keep watching and see what happens.

Anybody got any comments on this? any similar stories?

I've been on Rogaine for just under 2 months now, and I only apply it once a day, at any time really (from early morning to very very late at night) and im definitely seeing new hair sprouting on the hairlines corners. I apply two blobs to either side of my hair line and a big blob in the middle of my head, and rub it all over for good measure, but yeah, I'm definitely seeing hairs sprouting through that I hadn't seen in a while. Obviously its still early days, so ill keep watching and see what happens.

Anybody got any comments on this? any similar stories?

I started around the end of September. I am applying it to the front, temples, corners, midscalp, to the crown, and let me tell you the results are positive. Rogaine foam is working wonders and definitely growing hairs back and strengthening my hairs. Even hairs where I did not have a transplant have gotten stronger. I am very surprised by this product. It should be noted that I am on finasteride/msm/biotin as well.

However, I think rogaine is growing hairs where I am applying it. The key is to do it consistently in the same areas and not to give up on it (and to rub it in for a good minute). Lots of vellus hairs, some turning a darker color so I am certain it is the Rogaine Foam doing its magic. I am glad to see others are seeing positive benefits from it.

I started around the end of September. I am applying it to the front, temples, corners, midscalp, to the crown, and let me tell you the results are positive. Rogaine foam is working wonders and definitely growing hairs back and strengthening my hairs. Even hairs where I did not have a transplant have gotten stronger. I am very surprised by this product. It should be noted that I am on finasteride/msm/biotin as well.

However, I think rogaine is growing hairs where I am applying it. The key is to do it consistently in the same areas and not to give up on it (and to rub it in for a good minute). Lots of vellus hairs, some turning a darker color so I am certain it is the Rogaine Foam doing its magic. I am glad to see others are seeing positive benefits from it.

A few weeks before me then! How old are you?

I'm 22 soon and had/have what many would consider a full head of hair, so maybe i will react a lot faster to the treatment than most people..

I was taking propecia for a few weeks, slowly building up my dosage but I've stopped taking it as my hair seems a lot better already from rogaine (or maybe i've just had a shed cycle and its nice and good again? i hope so :P) and i swear it was effecting my ejaculate a little

I was going to post my own thread as I've actually bought some Rogaine but haven't plucked up the courage to start using it yet. I've still got a good head of hair mainly because my hair was very thick before. A lot has gone from the hair line and a bit from the crown. As it says it's not supposed to work on the hair line are you saying that has started to grow back?

With the Rogaine foam, if you still have a lot of hair... How do you apply it to the scalp without most of the foam sticking in your hair?

I've tried 3 cans of the foam, but I couldn't get around this problem. Now I just apply regular (liquid) minoxidil and I don't even rub it in.

A few weeks before me then! How old are you?

I'm 22 soon and had/have what many would consider a full head of hair, so maybe i will react a lot faster to the treatment than most people..

I was taking propecia for a few weeks, slowly building up my dosage but I've stopped taking it as my hair seems a lot better already from rogaine (or maybe i've just had a shed cycle and its nice and good again? i hope so :P) and i swear it was effecting my ejaculate a little

I am 29 years old. I think at age 22 you may have did a smart movie with the finasteride. My personal opinion is to start finasteride after age 25-26. At age 22, I think you are still young and your sex drive is at its peak too. You don't want any interruptions with it unless a doctor tells you it is safe to take. I think it's a smart move to start rogaine foam though and to use it consistently. The younger you are, then most people say the better it works. It's only when your hair has miniturized and fallen out that it is harder to recover or not recover at all. When your hair is initially starting to shed or miniturize, Rogaine can revive those hairs. There may be a shed for a month to 3 months or so, but that is just the rogaine working by getting rid of the weaker hairs and replacing it with the new. That throws some people off and they stop using it. It takes a lot of commitment to use these medications. If you think you can't keep up with the routine, then you might as well not start it in the first place.

I really do feel rogaine foam "works" on the hairline/temporal areas and it works best on the crown.

Another person asked, how to apply rogaine foam when your hair is longer. My hair has gotten longer in the midscalp region. The way I do it is I first put a little foam on my fingers then rub my crown area for about a minute. Then I part my hair on my midscalp and apply it from the left to the right by parting my hair three times. I part my hair on the left and then apply the foam on my palm and not my fingers and use that to rub it in the area for about a minute. The palm traps the foam and keeps it in while you rub it. Then I part the middle of my scalp and then do the same, then I part the right side and do the same. when I am done with taht, I work on the recipient zone with my fingers by dabbing a little and then dab a little on the temporal/hair line areas. I use a little more because I am covering a little more scalp then just people who use it only on the crown. So far, I guess I am applying it really well since the growth is coming along and I am seeing plenty of vellus hairs in the front and my crown recovering.

Hey Sean, thanks for the how-to-guide! But I think it's easier to just use a dropper and drop some liquid minoxidil in between the hairs directly on the scalp.

Hey Radius, no prob. I also used the liquid before but I was unsure whether to let it drop or to rub it in. Some people told me to rub it in for it to absorb better, some people just let it drop. I don't know what is more effective as I just started using the stuff at the end of September. The only issue I had with the liquid was a slight greasy feel. But then again, the foam does dry out the area for me too, especially the forehead, because I am applying it on the hairline/temples. Taking fishoils/biotin I think helped that with that issue for me throughout the scalp.

So, initially when I first started at the end of September, I let the liquid minoxidil drop for about a week before I switched to the foam.

You are right though, just dropping it with the dropper would make it a lot easier to apply. Now I just don't know whether to let it sit or to rub it in for maximum absorption.

I'll want to stick to the foam, but I want to see if applying the foam in the morning and applying the liquid before I go to bed would have a better effect. Regardless, the results so far are :D.

MyNameIsRich, how is the Rogaine working for you? Do you see any vellus hairs up front?

Hey Sean. Which liquid did you use before, the one from Rogaine?

I've been using the liquid ppg free 5% minoxidil from the brand Minoxidilmax and their directions specifically state that you should not rub the liquid in. Just dropping it on the scalp and letting it absorb/dry is enough. I like it because it's not greasy and it's ppg free (ppg gives me dandruff!). I drop tiny drops all over the top of my scalp and crown and it dries fast. It's best to apply it at least 30 minutes before going to sleep though., to make sure it's in your skin and not on your pillow. :)

I started the foam 2 months ago and have had a fair amount of growth. Moslty vellus so far, but it is kinda hard to tell.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hey Sean. Which liquid did you use before, the one from Rogaine?

I've been using the liquid ppg free 5% minoxidil from the brand Minoxidilmax and their directions specifically state that you should not rub the liquid in. Just dropping it on the scalp and letting it absorb/dry is enough. I like it because it's not greasy and it's ppg free (ppg gives me dandruff!). I drop tiny drops all over the top of my scalp and crown and it dries fast. It's best to apply it at least 30 minutes before going to sleep though., to make sure it's in your skin and not on your pillow. :)

Radius, Just when you need the bottle you can't find it, lol. But I "think" it said something like Members Mark or Mark Member or Member of Mark on it. That's the name of the brand I believe. I just got it at a really good price so I went for it. I was thinking all minoxidil is the same but if it isn't then i'll check out the brand your taking and maybe give it a shot and see how it goes. I don't mind just dropping it and letting it sit there, especially, if it has the same effect as the foam. Thanks for the tip!

OP, looks like i'll test the liquid too, to let you know how it goes for the hairline and temples. But your on the right track by using this stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Radius, no prob. I also used the liquid before but I was unsure whether to let it drop or to rub it in. Some people told me to rub it in for it to absorb better, some people just let it drop. I don't know what is more effective as I just started using the stuff at the end of September. The only issue I had with the liquid was a slight greasy feel. But then again, the foam does dry out the area for me too, especially the forehead, because I am applying it on the hairline/temples. Taking fishoils/biotin I think helped that with that issue for me throughout the scalp.

So, initially when I first started at the end of September, I let the liquid minoxidil drop for about a week before I switched to the foam.

You are right though, just dropping it with the dropper would make it a lot easier to apply. Now I just don't know whether to let it sit or to rub it in for maximum absorption.

I'll want to stick to the foam, but I want to see if applying the foam in the morning and applying the liquid before I go to bed would have a better effect. Regardless, the results so far are :D.

MyNameIsRich, how is the Rogaine working for you? Do you see any vellus hairs up front?

well if im honest, my update is a little scary. my receding hairline was only on the right side of my head, however a few days ago i noticed that i was now also receding on the left side too, with lots of short hairs growing and if i pull it right back in a mohawk shape, you can clearly see a balding area... im not sure if this is down to the rogaine applications or not? im going to stick it through, and keep applying it daily, as its not yet 3 months since i started using it, but its a little scary seeing as i didnt really have a problem on that side at all, and now after applying rogaine there, its balding. im also unsure how long these short hairs will grow, and if they are 'regrowing' or if this is the start of the end for that patch :/

Am I the only person who has no luck with Rogaine foam?.. my hair is at its worst, ever. After 5 months, I only see hair growth on my face. Serious.

I was trying to convince myself it has nothing to do with the foam, but... I think there's nothing out there for me. I might well wait for the aliens to land and share the technology (unless they're all bald.. if that's the case they can all get lost)

Surely that can only be a good sign if you now have 'lots' of smaller hairs growing back in its place :)

well I'm going to continue using regardless of the next few months, but I don't see it as a good sign as even though I've been applying the treatment, there was no hairloss at all on the left side of my hairline, and now there is. the hairs are growing and theyre short (couple centimeters) atm, but its still hairloss and when theyre combed down or rest down when the rest of my hair is pulled back, you can clearly see a receding/balding area, same with the right side...

this time half a year ago, i didnt have that on either side of my hairline, so im pretty scared to see where ill be half a year/a year/2 years from now?

22 in March, I really do hope rogaine and maybe propecia can keep this hair loss at bay for a few more years :/