I think its ok to strip!!!!!

Hi all. I need to update my profile with pics etc so you can all tell me what you think of my hair. Im 24 years old , iv receded a hell of a way back!!! And my hair is thinning too!!

Both my father and uncle are nw7 on the scale, so its no doubt i will be too!!

Anyway my quick question, i see so many people on here discussing why they want to have FUE instead of FUT because of the scar. I myself was the same, because i like my hair real short, i have a 0.5 on the sides and round the back, n short on top n round the back like a little mohawk. I think it suits because the thinner my hair gets the shorter i have it cut, which makes it look a tad thicker. Anyway.... im never gonna be very wealthy, so i think if i have a HT, i should go with FUT, becuase its cheaper in regards to how many grafts il get out of it. BUT...i love my hair short it suits my face, like a millitary cut, but with the FUT this would not be possible? Well i think it could. Simply because with many docs doing FUE into the scar, and also scalp micropigmentation available, surely them options would leave me with a bairly visible scar with the FUE and pigmentation combined in it??

Let me know please peeps.... photos to come soon, i know people will say im too young but iv been on propecia a year and a half and also regaine for 3 months. Thanks for your time :)!

I would suggest keeping your hair no shorter than a #2 on a razor setting because it can be slightly noticeable. If you go shorter than it's even more difficult to hide. FUE into the scar and micropigmentation can do a pretty good job but you will still notice a small indentation in the area. Once you have the procedure you may want to grow your hair longer anyway.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I would suggest keeping your hair no shorter than a #2 on a razor setting because it can be slightly noticeable. If you go shorter than it's even more difficult to hide. FUE into the scar and micropigmentation can do a pretty good job but you will still notice a small indentation in the area. Once you have the procedure you may want to grow your hair longer anyway.

I will second that!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Think of it like a grid of marbels. Removing marbels at random from all over (FUE) compared to a line through the middle (strip) which then you close up leaving the grid uni from as it was. Much more efficient way to UTILISE your LIMITED donor supply.

Seeing is believing Spex. Let's see the grid from your program! :D

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Simply because with many docs doing FUE into the scar, and also scalp micropigmentation available, surely them options would leave me with a bairly visible scar with the FUE and pigmentation combined in it??

Getting FUE into the scar or scalp micropigmentation costs money too... I had to pay nearly 2.000 euro to fill my strip scar with FUE. Scalp micropigmentation is not cheap either...

So I really don't think that saving money by going for strip and afterwards getting rid of the scar with FUE or micropigmentation is a good idea. I mean, if your goal is to spend less money, but without a scar.

Edited by Radius

• 4 weeks later...

thanks guys. i wouldnt mind sort of paying ?1000 for fue in the strip and using pigmentation also. The HISHAIR CLINIC, in the uk charge around 2000 for the whole head to be pigmented, so surely, them just doing the scar, wouldnt cost too much? Do you guys know if theres any examples of FUE/scalp pigmentation into the scar, on this site?

Radius...is the scar still visable with FUE into it?

Fightingbaldness: I too wanted FUE originally for obvious reasons but I realized that exactly what Spex mentioned above and went for FUT. If I am happy with my hair once it all grows in I may consider getting FUE into the scar if it bothers me that bad. If you are going to be say a NW 7 as you indicated, FUT is the way to go because it will cost u a fortune to cover that and more importantly you won't be able to maximize your limited donor area with FUE as per Spex's marble example. Keep researching before you jump into anything as this is a big decision and you want to have done all your due diligence before jumping in. Check out my website to see my pics as I am about 1 month out now. The scar is still visible bc I cut my hair short but i gather it won't be an issue once everything grows in all even.

Hello

I have had 3 FUT and 1 FUE recently just to fill in the crown. I like wearing my hair relatively short but when you have hair, it is normal to wear it a bit longer on the sides.

Let's face it, I am 40 or so and a military haircut is a bit odd at my age unless you are in the military. Another point to consider is when you go gray in the future that will help to cover the scar if you go a bit shorter.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Strip is a great technique .. in the right hands.

EVERYONE i speak to wants FUE. I want, want , want! :P They want it prior to realising what it is they actually NEED.

Strip is a MUCH better way to utilise YOUR donor area much more efficiently and effectively LONG TERM. Strip enables you to use your donor supply safely and enables you to achieve more grafts in one session whilst managing it effectively for further sessions if needed.. Once you have used up the strip donor sufficiently THEN its a better idea to go in via FUE to tap in to further donor supply.

Think of it like a grid of marbels. Removing marbels at random from all over (FUE) compared to a line through the middle (strip) which then you close up leaving the grid uni from as it was. Much more efficient way to UTILISE your LIMITED donor supply.

I understand reservations regarding strip, however- everyone is worried about scaring pre op because obviously surgery causes scaring, even FUE causes scaring ( EVEN more than strip just not as visible) ! People generally have the fear pre op - however once had the session done properly the scar tends to be a non issue.

You wear your hair so short now to limit the clash between the thin hair on top. Its very common. However when you have a HT and actually have hair on top (HT) it enables you to grow hair out on the sides and back slightly as you now have no contrast, and will actually want to!

Many can clip on a grade 2/3# and theres no evidence, although it all depends on your physiology. Many fixate on the scar before actually even having it and then post op most don't even think about as they now grow their hair on top longer - coz they CAN! and therefore can grow the sides out slightly too - thats the point of the whole process - to get hair back and grow it. :cool:

If your intension is to get a HT and then SHAVE it all off - let me save you a small fortune - just dont get a HT.;)

Research well and dont rush in!

Best

Spex

Very good advice.

I was hell bent on FUE at first, but after a good bit of research i went with strip.

My scar is very hard to find even at the 2.5 month mark.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=10024&WebID=2832

October 2011 - 1647 FUT - Dr Dorin

January 2014 - 1580 FUT - Dr Dorin

yep i hear what your saying guys. And i deffo want FUT to maxamise my donor. But with me ending up a nw7 maybe, sounds bad but on the other hand id say my head really is quite narrow bit like an alien head lol and i have a skinny face, so i think i would have typically less area to cover then the average person. so i know on the first HT i want to be shooting for 4000+ grafts, providing my donor is decent. Then that would give me quite goo coverage in frontal third, half way back maybe. Im not bothered ablout the hair line being too low obviously im being realistic, it will just be nice to have a hairline all together!!!

So im just saying, if i have this strip , and say 5 yrs/ 10 years down the line and my crown is going bald bad, but i dont have the money for another HT. Im just hoping Fue and pigmentation will do enough to the scar tht i good just buzz down to a 0.5 and have a blad patch. id still be very happy my face is framed thats whats important. Im not rushing iv been on this site nearly 2 years now and have read alot, your all a great help, iv also been on propecia nearly 2 years. Im gonna get a camera very soon, and upload pics!!