Best US surgeon for large session

hair_care

I am considering my second hair transplant, I want a large session at least 3000 grafts, I know H&W are top of the line when it comes to megasessions, are there any doctors in the US who can offer these larger sessions, I am looking for some input from forum members. Thanks.

Location should not stop you from getting an HT. I drove all the way from Maryland to Canada to get an HT from Dr. Rahal who is one of the best HT surgeons. I would highly recommend him and as i said before don't let the location of the Dr stop you from getting an HT from he or she. If that's something that would really stop you from getting an HT from one of the best doctors you're not ready for an HT.

Well although both of them are not from US. The best two clinics that could perform large sessions (Mega sessions) IMO are 1) Dr. Rahal and 2) H&W. But I would strongly advice you to go to Dr. Rahal, Im not a believer in large sessions as I adapt the concept of Dr. Shapiro of not risking high number of grafts in one go (above 3000) but Dr. Rahal proved me that Im wrong and showed me freaking good results.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Its unfortunate that you cant get an answer to the question you asked. His question wasnt about H&W or Dr. Rahal. Its too bad that some decide to use this thread to promote doctors.

Anyways there are a few doctors I would say offer bigger sessions one is Dr. Feller the other is Dr. Shapiro. There are others but these are the ones I am aware of.

Good luck on your search.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I was not using this thread to promote my doctor, I was just stating that he should not just base his location in the US for an HT. Tho you are right and we did not help him with the question he had asked and i apologize for that. I would definitely go with Dr feller in new york city but i see you already went to him and don't want to go to him again, may i ask why?? If thats the case then i would go with Dr Shapiro. He is one of the best HT surgeons as well. Again sorry for not answering you the first time, I just get a little testy when i read someone not willing to travel for a Good HT doctor.

Edited by Bowser1982

Lorenzo, I don't see anything wrong with Hariri or anyone sharing his opinion regarding Rahal. If that's his opinion, then so be it. At the end of the day, its one person's opinion.

To Haircare, I understand that you want at least 3000 grafts but what you want and what a doctor thinks is feasible are two different questions.

Good luck. This site can be a great resource.

I agree that travel should not enter into the equation. 3,000 graft HTs are not uncommon with top clinics. I had one with Dr. Shapiro and travelled from Fla. There are several top clinics that can help you. I would consult with several and then go to the one you feel most comfortable with. When you are choosing among top surgeons, you aren't going to make a bad decision. Each has their own style and approach. All of the ones mentioned in these posts are really good. Just don't get caught up in all the hype of who has the most posts or the most recent "wow" result. Do your research and you will find the right surgeon to do your HT.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

[quote name=

Dr Feller, LIndsey, HW Rahal, Shapiro, Alexander, Gabel, Charles etc etc etc can all do 3000+ grafts in one session easily *and consistently shown us - HOWEVER only IF the patient has it in their donor supply, which DR Feller who has all your notes from your first surgery with him feels is a physical impossibility.

Pics from your first session with Dr Feller : http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/163871-hair-transplant-feller-june-09-a.html

Whatever you decide best of lucky and let us all know how you get on and please be sure to keep us updated.

Best

Spex*

Great point Spex. All great surgeons, but they can only work with what they have.

Ahhh and the truth comes out. Thanks for informing us whats going on with this case Spex. I didn't understand why he wouldn't of wanted to go back to Dr Feller when he received such a good result in the first place. I mean does he really even need 3,000?? From the looks of it he just needs a little touch up. Maybe 1,000- 1,500 tops not even that to be honest.

lorenzo you make me laugh,you comment on other people promoting other docs yet your meant to assist h&w in translation only but your forever promoting and always first one to comment if even the slightest negative coment is made about h&w,your their online bodyguard and you judge others then.

I dont mean to sound harsh that was not my intentions so I apologize if that how I can across. Reading my post I can understand why, N6 your right in your observations. I guess at times I have a hard time understanding why somebody who always comments the same way has never shown one of his pictures. Although this is his right this is my opinion.

Although I assist H&W I never tell anyone or put there name in a thread where their name isnt mentioned. My ONE goal is to assist poster and give my opinon honestly where they go is irrellevant because there is enough resourses on this website to make a great well informed decision. How foolish would I sound if I say GO TO HASSON AND WONG THEY ARE THE BEST!!!THEY ARE NUMBER 1 DR. RAHAL IS NUMBER 2., yet I never show one picture.

This is a website to inform people and assist them not to take every opportunity to say the same thing or push one doctor.

To me it sounds like a broken record. As for others that posted they made some great reconmmendations and suggestions and that is what this website is about.

Edited by lorenzo

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

The whole don't let travel restrict you argument is moot when you have great surgeons in your backyard and you really don't want to leave the state or country for a HT.

Haircare, if it makes you feel more comfortable you should consult with some other docs. However, Dr. Feller really knows his stuff and I don't think you'll hear different from other top docs. Whatever you decide, best of luck and I hope you can get your goals met.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I agree, when you live in a city with several top surgeons, travel is not really necessary, but still might be desirable depending on your choice. Dr. Feller did a fine job for Haircare the first time around, so I am not sure why he would not want to go back. If you have a great result from a top surgeon, why change for the next pass?

Because hes hoping another top surgeon will tell him hes magically grown 300 to 400 more grafts so he can have his 3000 graft procedure. Which probably won't happen as Spex has stated he doesn't think he has that much left in his donor area. thus wanting to go to another clinic trying to get that magic number.

Look guys, I don't like the idea of being publicly bashed around the forum like this. I am right now in a very confused state about my second ht, alright. Is it so wrong to just be looking and asking around about other surgeons?, I have'nt made up my mind about who to go to for my next procedure, not even close. And just for the record, I have absolutely no quams about returing to Dr Feller for round 2, I am quite happy with the results I got first time around, in case someone has any misconception that I was not satisfied first time around. So if you can offer any friendly advice that would be much appreciated.

"Look guys, I don't like the idea of being publicly bashed around the forum like this."

Haircare, I don't think anyone was looking to "bash" you at all. You were being told to be realistic and to understand that just because you want another 3k grafts doesn't mean you can necessarily get them. It sounds to me like you didn't hear what you wanted from Dr. Feller, so now you are going to try and find a doctor that will tell you otherwise. That's fine, I just implore you to seek that opinion from another reputable, top doctor (i.e. Rahal, Shapiro, H&W) and not search until you find some hack who just wants your money and will attempt to get a bigger strip than possible and leave you with a wide scar.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hi,

Hair Care hasn't said anything negative about his surgeon and if he wishes to pursue other alternatives that is entirely up to him. Buddy, just take your time and and don't rush your decision.

Good luck

Rod