My Fue procedure with Dr Rahal dec 1st

Bowser1982

Hey guys, first off I would like to thank everyone on this forum with helping me choose the best surgeon I think is right for me. If it was not for people like Sean who have made a detailed experience with the Dr I have chosen recently I don't think this would have been possible. I will Discuss my hairline design with Dr Rahal on the 30th and undergo my procedure on Dec 1st. I will be posting Before and after pictures of the procedure and giving monthly photo updates.

With the photos I emailed to Dr Rahal's office which are in my profile for all to see, he has estimated i will need about 1,600 grafts to restore my hairline and temple points. I have not started any treatments yet, as I will start them after my procedure so I do not suffer any future loss. I am very nervous and excited at the same time about my procedure. I do feel great about the Dr i have chosen, as he is one of the best in his field.

Hopefully around this time next year i will post my last photo update and start my new life with a new full head of hair. Its going to be a very long exciting and stressful journey which i hope you all can share with me.

Thanks again to all and god bless.:D

Hey guys, first off I would like to thank everyone on this forum with helping me choose the best surgeon I think is right for me. If it was not for people like Sean who have made a detailed experience with the Dr I have chosen recently I don't think this would have been possible. I will Discuss my hairline design with Dr Rahal on the 30th and undergo my procedure on Dec 1st. I will be posting Before and after pictures of the procedure and giving monthly photo updates.

With the photos I emailed to Dr Rahal's office which are in my profile for all to see, he has estimated i will need about 1,600 grafts to restore my hairline and temple points. I have not started any treatments yet, as I will start them after my procedure so I do not suffer any future loss. I am very nervous and excited at the same time about my procedure. I do feel great about the Dr i have chosen, as he is one of the best in his field.

Hopefully around this time next year i will post my last photo update and start my new life with a new full head of hair. Its going to be a very long exciting and stressful journey which i hope you all can share with me.

Thanks again to all and god bless.:D

Very happy for you. I read your story and felt it was very similar to mine and what I felt/gone through. Your procedure is right around the corner. I can't wait to see the updates. Looks like you have similar goals to me, hairline and the temples.

I know the feeling, nervous and excited. You will be glad once you get it done, because that is the big step. After that, it is the wait, and in the end it is the reward of having hair in those areas again.

The other treatments do work really well I think to preserve and thicken hairs. I am responding well to propecia/rogaine foam. That is a major plus because I was worried about my crown. That area is getting better and better and I am very hopeful. I am also taking some natural supplements. I feel they are also helping. Seems like I am feeling a lot better. I am now motivated and want to really change my lifestyle around to what it once was and work out more again, be active, and i am regaining that confidence. Feeling really good about things now.

Try not to stress to much though. You are in really good hands.

Are you going to choose to buzz your head right before the procedure or going to keep it long in the front? The only reason I say that is because I feel the buzz makes it easier to clean the area after surgery when you clean the recipient area yourself. Don't buzz the hair yourself/ or get a haircut yet as the doctor says to grow it out for like 4-6 weeks or so before the procedure. If you decide/choose to cut it shorter/buzz it, patient care does it for you after inspection.

I saw your pics and you got ideal hair. You seem to be blessed with Thick n course/curly/wavy hair. People with that type of hair have "MIND BLOWING" results. For the grafts you were quoted, I think it's going to look outstanding. I really do. Again, I can't wait to see the updates. Congrats. :)

Bowser: Congrats on choosing Dr. Rahal and good luck with your HT surgery...I too am going to Dr. Rahal in December...I'm getting 3k FUT for my hairline and frontal third.

Sean is right in that you have great thick and curly hair...which will def make for a GREAT hairline result!!! Good luck again and document your journey...keep us posted!

Bowser: Congrats on choosing Dr. Rahal and good luck with your HT surgery...I too am going to Dr. Rahal in December...I'm getting 3k FUT for my hairline and frontal third.

Sean is right in that you have great thick and curly hair...which will def make for a GREAT hairline result!!! Good luck again and document your journey...keep us posted!

Hey Capelli,

In earlier threads I thought you were considering FUE? Did you reconsider, or did I misread it?

I was considering FUE but after speaking with several doctors it became apparent that I was best suited for FUT due to my hair loss and potential for further loss...so I am now getting FUT.

Good luck you are in great hands. I'm looking forward to seeing pics. I'm really interested in seeing more of Dr. Rahal's FUE work.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Are you going to choose to buzz your head right before the procedure or going to keep it long in the front?

I saw your pics and you got ideal hair. You seem to be blessed with Thick n course/curly/wavy hair. People with that type of hair have "MIND BLOWING" results. For the grafts you were quoted, I think it's going to look outstanding. I really do. Again, I can't wait to see the updates. Congrats. :)

Yes, I will let them shave it before the procedure. I have not cut my hair in 7 months, I believe i took those pics in my profile about 4 Months ago. You should see the huge fro I have on top of my head now, LOL.

As for the quality of my hair, you are absolutely right, I have thick, course, curly, wavy hair. No one in my family is a NW7, the worst i would say is a NW3 or 4. Hopefully after this procedure and medication I can stop my hair from receding any further. Just 9 more days WooHoo.

I really like the hairline you have chosen Sean, Its going to look Fantastic. Just think in 7 months you're gonna be by the pool side, margarita to left, sexy lady to the right and your Hair just flowing full in the wind. Dos Equis Man move over, Seans coming to take your place.

Thank you all for your support and I will definitely Be posting Many updated photos. Stay tuned.........

Edited by Bowser1982

• 2 weeks later...

this is it guys, I arrived at the foxbar guesthouse today awaiting my procedure for tomorrow. These are exciting and nervous times. I will be posting pictures later this week of the procedure. The guesthouse is just as nice as everyone has described, I don't see why anyone would stay anywhere else but here for their procedure. Well i am going to head out for a bit. Need to spend some alone time with my receding hairline as its the last night we will spend together, MUHAHAHA.

Whats up guys, First off I would like to thank Dr. Rahal, Mike and the rest of Dr. Rahal staff For making this the best surgical procedure I have ever had in my life. I can not say enough about Dr. Rahal and Mike, they truly are pioneers in this industry. If anyone ever has to get an HT I really have no idea why they would choose anyone other than Dr. Rahal and his staff. they really go out their way to make every patient as comfortable as possible.

I had FUE done on the 1st and i can not say enough about it. I think my new hairline looks fantastic and I can not wait to see what it looks like in the coming months. I don't have the before and after pictures taken by Dr. Rahal's office yet because they will email them to me on Monday, then i will post them. I have taken a few photos myself tho but they are not the best quality so i apologize for that.

I had about 1,627 grafts put into my hairline. I don't have the exact hair breakdown yet as they will also email me that on Monday as well. Well here are a few pics, all comments are very much appreciated. thank you all for your support and as I said I will be posting a lot more pictures on Monday or Tuesday when the clinic emails them to me.

5b32d091f180f_kenny-Copy.jpg.4abd0b70c05e06a2c80483238e4ad29a.jpg

5b32d0921563f_kenny3-Copy.jpg.576444b4e06b7b552c46281783a3e640.jpg

5b32d09229604_kenny2-Copy.jpg.280ac9fa0cc735fe4ba2ae5bcab620a9.jpg

5b32d09237ee7_kenny4-Copy.jpg.ef626cc54e5f1887053f5bc6c24fa8f9.jpg

Looking gooood! Congrats again...can't wait for my turn! Tuesday here we come! lol