How common is shockloss in receipent area??

Shockloss in the recipient area is possible but less so if you go with a doc who shaves and consciously avoids transecting native hairs.

Most of my shock loss has come in the donor area. And it comes back quite fast.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

In my experience shock is more common in the recipient area. I have only had a few cases over the past 14 years of noticeable shock loss in the donor area. Obvoiusly the more hair that the doctor is trying to work around in the recipient area the better chance of having shock loss. The health of the existing hair is also a major factor in how much shock loss a patient will get.

I think donor shockloss is MUCH more common that some purport. Especially when large sessions are done. However, it always comes back (except is rare cases) so while its a pain for a few months, in the end it works out.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I think when discussing shock loss we must be careful to differentiate between temporary and permanent shock loss. Often with donor shock loss is temporary because the hair was in a healthy state before surgery. However, shock loss in the recipient region may be permanent more often than donor shock loss if the hairs were already miniaturized. Supposedly staying on Propecia can help fight shock loss.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group