Are scalp exercises important pre-FUE?

Scalp elasticity is not an issue with FUE because extractions are being done instead of a long strip of tissue being excised horizontally throughout the occipital zone.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Outstanding - I wanted nothing to do with them.

Upon asking, I was advised to do 5 minutes of scalp exercises the week prior to my FUE for circulation. That sounds a whole lot better than 30 minutes a day for months.

Edited by SugarHighs

• 2 weeks later...

That's the first that I heard of scalp excercises for FUE for circulation?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

That's the first that I heard of scalp excercises for FUE for circulation?

The exercises were not specifically recommended for the purposes of circulation - rather when I asked about the exercises, the clinic (Dr. Rahal's) mentioned that I *can* do them for the benefit of circulation, if I want to.

Time to nip this one in the bud. Scalp exercises are not designed with the intent to increase blood flow nor is an increase in blood flow needed. In fact, I would imagine that an increase in blood flow would be a negative since the last thing a surgeon wants is for the patient to be bleeding more than average.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians