Who should i go to and how long should i take off work.

Ireland78

Here goes, got to the stage where i really want to do something about my hair. I am deciding between Hasson, Dervoye, Ferudini, Transmed or Rahal. I have an option to take a sabatical from work, i was thinking six to nine months. I don't really want to go into work after a week or two, i want to go back in with full growth. It is going to cost me a lot of money and maybe potential forward progression at work for a little bit, it is a price i am willing to pay if i feel happier with myself. Any advice will be greatly welcome.

You really dont need months off! what size of procedure are you needing? or have you not got that far yet.

So many good doctors to chose from, I went with who I felt the most comfortable with, previous work, recommendations and gut feeling.

Im still very early days (3.5 weeks) but the experience so far has been nothing but excellent with Dr Dorin and his staff.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=10024&WebID=2832

October 2011 - 1647 FUT - Dr Dorin

January 2014 - 1580 FUT - Dr Dorin

i would include shapiro and bisanga in that list

Agree. You need to consult with the doctors and decide for yourself who you want to go to. You can get advice and a lot of opinions, but in the end, it is your head and you should choose who you are the most comfortable with. Once you have your list of solid clinics, you will be in good hands, so just choose a doctor who you believe can achieve your goals best and with whom you feel comfortable. Unless you just want to, there is no need to take that long of a period off. Good luck with your decision.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

How long you need to take off from work depends the size and type of session you undergo. If it's a megasession and you need to shave down then give yourself at least a month - maybe more.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

it really depends on what you look like prior to the HT. IF you are used to buzzing your hair to a #2/#3 guard, then you can go back to work after a few weeks and no one would notice you did anything since you hair will be the same length.

However, if you wore your hair long (a few inches), then it'll look awkward when you come back since you have to shave the recipient area. Ie. if you needed a few thousand grafts, the shave would be noticeable since there will be a bald patch where the shaving was done.

If you want NO ONE to notice, then just remember hair grows 1/2 inch/month, so you can calculate how much time you need.

Agreed that we need more vitals to help guide you towards a HT doctor. Session size, procedure preference, etc. Have you consulted with any of these clinics yet?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com