Advice from former patients needed

I had an hair transplant 6 months ago and I'm disappointed because I chose a doctor who didn't explain the limitations and future procedures and basically left me a 7mm scar about 6 inches long. I had 2 small pits that looks like a linear depression in the skin one is not noticeable and small and the other is noticeable to where you can feel the dent in the skin... I can't take propecia because the side effects are nasty and I cant tolerate it and I eventually just wanna go back to bald. I heard of scalp micronpigmentation tom conceal scars and the results are quite impressive in some cases.... I would like to know if there is any members on here that have used some kinda treatment to reduce the linear scar and fix the pitting and how succesful was their treatment... Are there any doctors that are recommended that can reverse the damage done to some extent without having to cut my head back open and are there any patients on this forum that have had scalp micro pigmentation? I would like some advice if possible? Thank you...

Aski,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. It's difficult to give advice without seeing photos but I would guess that a quality hair transplant surgeon can help to reduce or eliminate these problems. However, this may, in fact, involve excising the old scar.

You may be able to reduce the appearance of the scar with FUE or SMP but I'm not optimistic about your chances of going back to bald without revealing evidence of your surgery.

I highly recommend consulting with one or more of the physicians recommended here in order to get realistic options.

Good luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Revising the old scar is out of the question it makes no sense to cut a already widened scar that will ultimately lead to a risk of further damage... And even a wider scar.. Are there any patients on this site who have shaved back to bald and reduced the appearance of their scar by using some form of fraxel laser and smp combined to create an almost normal looking scalp

Aski,

Sorry to hear about the disappointing experience. Here are some examples Dr. Rassman's scalp micropigmentation (SMP) work in follicular unit transplantation (FUT) scars. The transformations can be aesthetically pleasing, in my opinion, and could be a reasonable alternative for someone uninterested in scar revision or follicular unit extraction (FUE) scar repair.

Good luck! Please feel free to ask any additional questions.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi Aski

Firstly I wouldnt rush into anything , you dont want to make a bad situation worse , I agree with you are re revision makes sense more tension `may`.. stretch the scar moreso.

I had beard hair fue`d into my scars so far things seem to be going my way

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/160800-scar-repair-1032-beard-hairs-dr-bisanga.html

all the best ej

ps .. I would defo wait till the 12 month mark before doing anything , i think it takes a year to fully assess the scar

ej

Edited by ej

sorry to hear about your dillemma.. Been there brother. I just completed my second FUE into scar procedure. My advice would be to give that a go. You will not be able to shave down, but possibly a #3 guard. I have has almost 500 grafts put in over 2 sessions and praying for a good outcome.

Like you, my procedure focussed soley on my crown....thats where i was balding and figured if i receded in the future it would go front to back. It takes a little longer for that area to grow. I know you tried it and said it didnt work, but I strongly suggest giving FIN/and rogaine another shot.. Rogaine helped with my crown after the shedding period wore down.. The shedding actually is a good thing from what i read. I kike you wish I hadnt gone down this road but its too late now. Just trying to fix my scar and be on with my life... Maybe when im 60 i will shave down and say F*&% it... lol