Clinical Trial with Dr. Wesley in the morning.

Hello my glossy headed brethren. I am going to take part in the advancement of hair loss treatment in the morning, and am very excited about it. I will be getting a small amount of grafts for my time, discomfort, and participation, but I am very proud to be part of something that will help many others down the road. I have complete faith in Dr. Wesley's ground breaking method. Wish me good luck, and I will keep you all posted.

2/14/2011 Surgery #1 Dr. Ivan Cohen - 1539 grafts, 1's - 475

2's - 989

3's - 75

2/20/2012 Surgery #2 Dr. Carlos Wesley - 2570 grafts

Sounds very interesting. What type of treatment is this?

It's a secret. :eek:

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Hello my glossy headed brethren. I am going to take part in the advancement of hair loss treatment in the morning, and am very excited about it. I will be getting a small amount of grafts for my time, discomfort, and participation, but I am very proud to be part of something that will help many others down the road. I have complete faith in Dr. Wesley's ground breaking method. Wish me good luck, and I will keep you all posted.

Fakeplstctrees, i've been hearing about this revolutionary treatment I think since last 2 months. I'd really like to see how this goes and what is the outcome. I know you had a lot of posts about your last procedure, and this may be beneficial to you. What is the Wesley treatment, it is so secretive. Do you think it is a breakthrough or what? I am really interested in knowing what this is. I have read it is like the yield of FUT or better using a minimally invasive method. Let us know how everything goes. I really want to see the before and after and will you share that experience here? Thanks

Fakeplstctrees, i've been hearing about this revolutionary treatment I think since last 2 months.

It's more of an evolutionary advancement on technique and it looks very promising...

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

fakeplstctrees,

Congratulations! It all sounds very interesting and I would have loved to have been a part of it. I am looking forward to Dr. Wesley providing more information on this procedure eventually.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

It's more of an evolutionary advancement on technique and it looks very promising...

Corvettester

That sounds great. I was thinking it may be this,

Scarless Hair Transplantation by Carlos K. Wesley, MD

Can't wait to see the results/updates and more info about it. Hope it is a success. This "scarless" procedure may just be something a lot of people have been waiting for.

intresting... because i just learn something bad about FUE,we all know it's not scarless but they say it's pretty much undetectable,the problem is if you want to keep your hair buzz and have a nice tan on your head,well all the scars wont tan so you will see full of white dots,it's realy to bad for me because I was willing to get a 1000 grafts fue..

Fake,

Thank you for keeping the community updated. I hope you'll let us know "how it goes!"

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

OK, I wrote a whole post the other night, but guess I never clicked post quick reply before leaving the forum.

I will go into as much detail as I possibly can, without revealing anything I am uncomfortable with; I don't want to violate Dr. Wesley's trust.

I arrived in the morning, just as any HT patient would, and had a benzo to relax. We went into detail as to what was going to happen, and I was fine. We were only doing a very small procedure for the clinical trial, so only enough donor area to provide FU's for the trial and some grafts to fill in a weak area of mine was removed.

I liked what I saw, and that was a lot; Dr. Wesley let's you be involved as much as you want as long as it isn't interferring with his work. This will prove to be very promising, and I have no reason to believe that it will not be. This is nothing crazy, or way out there. Other people have described it as a new approach to existing technology, and improving upon it. I wish I could say more, but I can't, it is super exciting though. Dr. Wesley is also super excited to reveal his new technology, but can't just yet. He has intellectual property to protect, but give him a little time; all questions will be answered. Remember, in addition to all of his research, he is running a successful practice.

I received 154 grafts for my participation in the trial, and that may seem like a very small amount, they will add a good density to an area I needed them most. I have an unusually dense donor area, with many 3 and 4 hair groupings, so each graft counts. This is promising for future procedures, well a future procedure, I hope I only have to go through this one more time, I am 3 days post op, and still in a bit of discomfort. I had to go back to work yesterday, and had a funeral to attend this morning, but I plan on taking it easy for the rest of the weekend. I plan on having another 1500 graft procedure in Februrary or so, and I think I will then be happy with my results, all I want is a DENSE FRONTAL THIRD, is that too much to ask? lol.

Anyway,

Wesley is legit my friends, this is something that will offer a real alternative to the tried and true FUT procedure, much more so than a FUE. All will be revealed soon. Please keep the well wishes coming, I certainly appreciate them. You can ask me more questions, and I will try to answer them as tactfully as possible. Goodbye for now my friends.

-Trees.

2/14/2011 Surgery #1 Dr. Ivan Cohen - 1539 grafts, 1's - 475

2's - 989

3's - 75

2/20/2012 Surgery #2 Dr. Carlos Wesley - 2570 grafts

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey Guys,

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I wanted to share something:

I had the opportunity to Skype with Dr. Wesley yesterday and discuss the new procedure, and I'm very impressed!

It's a highly innovative approach, and I'm eager to watch it progress. However, like Dr. Wesley previously stated, the procedure is still undergoing some final review and patenting, so he can't share the full details at this point in time.

Having said that, as soon as all the technical work is completed, Dr. Wesley will gladly share the details and move forward with the new technique!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.