Should i start Propecia? pics availible.

geoffrecession

I am 21 years of age. I have been thinning/receding at the hairline since I was about 19. I am currently using 2% minoxidil on my temples. My maternal grandfather was bald. My father's was almost bald at 55.

Questions:

Are the hairs at the front of my hairline miniaturizing?

Would it be smart to start propecia now?

Should I be using a stronger minoxidil solution?

Any advise on my situation would be so appreciated.

Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks

IMG_1201.jpg.6e67544d584487daab2cd568063d26b6.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg.1da872c2cb329d590a5ac27b2b4cc100.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg.87575abcdcdbec005fe0f514990e7e46.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg.44014c77dd0bc04e7517e0844c86d07d.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg.f5b5bbab6b761c8faaee296727dd9a03.jpg

From those pics your hair looks really solid. Your at the age where your hairline matures, which means it's normal for it to creep back up to about 1/2 inch in the middle and up to 1 inch in the corners.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

From those pics your hair looks really solid. Your at the age where your hairline matures, which means it's normal for it to creep back up to about 1/2 inch in the middle and up to 1 inch in the corners.

I agree.

Thanks a lot for the replies guys. FYI these pictures kinda make it look better than it is in the mirror. I seem to be experiencing all the beginning signs of MPB. The whole mature hairline possibility is a hope that seems to be getting less believable by the day. It has been progressive over the last two years and does'nt seem to be slowing down. My guess is that it will keep on receding.

If it is MPB I would like to treat it ASAP

What do you think my game plan should be?

At what point would you suggest starting any sort of a treatment.

On a side note:

I live in Toronto and see a lot of people everyday. I find most males are experiencing different stages of MPB. Considering my dad was nearly bald and my Grandfather was completley bald, I get the feeling that I'm not going to be one of those lucky few. I'm not being pessemistic, I just really want to approach this situation with intelligence. The funny thing is before I experienced any hair loss I was blind to it. Now that I am experiencing it, it's like everywhere I look I see men suffering from the same problem. I really do hope they find some sort of cure in my lifetime.

Anyways sorry for rambling. I am looking forward to your replies!

Thanks

Do not dose yourself with any drug unless you have consulted an expert. I'd say just go to a dermatologist and seek his advice. You guys in Canada have universal healthcare, which is a blessing.

That said if you dermatologist or hair restoration expert determines you are suffering from MPB, then by all means the sooner you take finasteride orally and minoxidil topically the better. But I'd start with very low dosages of finasteride like 0.25 mg every 3 days(That's what I am on now) to avoid side effects the most.

Also going bald starting at one's 40's is something but at one's 20's is much more traumatic, so I understand us that aren't even in their 30's trying to preserve their young looks.

I also know that some girls like bald men, they just happen to be scarce. Much like intellectual women. I get turned on by women reading books rather than showing off their titties for example, but that's another subject matter.

By the way, if you are just starting to notice MPB, consider reducing sources of stress; like deprivation of sleep, healthy food and even a girlfriend(yeah, loneliness can get stressful). I'd say being persistent and not caring about being rejected is a good way dealing with social-acceptance anxiety. Physical exercise, especially anaerobic(running, biking) combined with aerobic exercise(explosive weight lifting, sprint, martial arts combats) every other day is a great way of reducing testosterone levels.

Edited by gasto

Pretty much the rule is, for the most part, if you think you are losing your hair, you probably are. When you pull your hair back tight like that it will always look better.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.