10 Months Mark - Nice!

OtherSyde

My journey so far, in chronological order...

Live Surgery With Dr. Gabel

Two- and Three-Month Marks

7 Month Update

8 Month Mark

So it's been almost a year since my HT with Dr. Gabel, and I think my hair has stabilized. Looking pretty good in the front, and thick enough to pull off a decent faux-hawk. Probably one of the best investments I ever made. Seven grand well-spent, IMO. Whaddya think?

Scar:

10-Months-Scar1.jpg

Sides:

10-Months-Sides.jpg

Another...

10-Months-Straight2.jpg

Aaaand some ridiculous MySpace-style pics, just because I can...

10Months-Oct2011-2.jpg

10Months-Oct2011-3.jpg

10Months-Oct2011-1.jpg

Edited by OtherSyde

Amazing turn around! Congrats. And God knows I love faux hawks!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Amazing turn around! Congrats. And God knows I love faux hawks!

Haha I know right? It sucks I can't even wear it to work cause I'm military (no "faddish" hairstyles allowed). Oh well, I'll be a weekend faux-hawker.

Thanks for the props though. I really hope my whole biographic/photographic journey helps some other guys out though when they're on the fence about the whole thing; it's been so worth it in my book.

Great growth! Do you have a pic of the donor scar?

Still a little iffy at the hairline, but the great thing about the faux hawk is that it lifts the eye off the hairline and makes it look a lot thicker.

Yeah, the frontal hairline is a bit... Fuzzy? Slightly sparse? It might be in part my styling ability (Read: Complete lack of said ability), since this is only the second time I ever attempted a faux-hawk; I didn't get the front hair-sprayed well enough to created the illusion of smoothness. Honestly, I'm already brewing plans to get my hairline lowered in the same way db12166 did; the success of this first one pretty much has me sold.

Looks good. What do your friends in the military think? Do they know?

Well at first they thought it was silly and narcissistic, but once they saw how well it worked I think most of them realized it would be a feasible option for them if they hit the same issue later on (MPB).

I engineered it really well, as far as timing though; I was about to transfer from my old command (in WA state) to my new one in 8 months, so i did it and it all grew in long before I even checked into my new command several thousand miles away in Hawaii. The timing and the clean break in the social network really helped in my case.

I've completely forgotten about the scar, and feeling the back of my head right now, it feels like it's not even there; all bumpiness/roughness/surface-abnormality is gone, it feels like the hair that was lost around the edges of the scar due to shock-loss has largely returned... No one has said anything about it to me in months now; it's almost a memory now. It's probably still visible when I lift my hair up, but I doubt it's something anyone is going to notice under any normal circumstances unless I shave my head, which is not happenning anytime soon.

I'll try and snap a pic tonight though, because I'm now curious as well.

Anyways, props again to Dr. Gabel for work that is nothing short of astounding.

Edited by OtherSyde

And I really had to search for the scar, even with a bright flash on the camera...

10-Months-Scar1.jpg

10-Months-Scar2.jpg

10-Months-Scar3.jpg

You can see I had to resort to looking at an earlier pic on my laptop to figure out where it was...

10-Months-Scar4.jpg

Upon closer zoom, you can see the faint, thin pink scar; the hair there is still thin...

10-Months-Scar4B.jpg

Overall, the scar came out pretty subtle though; what do you think?

OtherSyde,

Mission accomplished! You know I've been following your progress from the start and I'm thrilled to see how it's turned out for you so far. The scar looks amazing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Everything looks great. The scar is really hard to see at all even when you try and show it! Your results are a home run for sure.

Thanks! I'm glad for me and everyone else as well, because i'm stoked that there's a real solution available now, that has truly great results, instead of crappy old mid-90's Bosley hack jobs and con-men selling sh!tty fake pills or shampoos that don't do anything. Now guys (and some women) who are in the same place I was in for 2 or 3 years ago (freaking out, having identity crisis, and not trusing any product on the market) can look at detailed accounts of procedures/results like mine and some other good ones on this forum, and have the hope and info needed to make a good decision with a lot less fear and apprehension.

That is very impressive othersyde, good result and well done Dr Gabel.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.