Comment on my HT pics

htrocks

all,

I was able to take the bold step to go for HT after too many years of hairloss. I will be regularly posting my updates from here on out regarding the progress.

This is my first post in the network, how ever I have deeply benefited from the discussions on the forum and stories of HT's from users.

please review my pictures and make your comments.

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients

regards,

htrocks

Regards,

htrocks

My Hair GROWTH Website :):):)

htrocks,

Welcome and congratulations! From what I can tell, the works looks very clean and refined. Can you provide us with some details? Who was your hair transplant surgeon? How many grafts did you have? What are you hair restoration goals?

I look forward to following your progress!

Edited by TakingThePlunge

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

It does appear to be a nice job, but that can only really be determined in about a year from now.

It would be nice to know you doc and graft count.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Takingtheplunge and spanker,

Thankyou for your kind comments about my pictures. I feel lot better now. I am going to write up a detailed report on my HT procedure. I intentionally did NOT post the doctor's name since I didnt want anyone to jump to conclusions. I am awaiting few more pics from my docs office that are taken immediately at the end of procedure. I will post them as soon as I receive them. Graft count I was told was 3624, I was not given break up of 1's, 2's,3's or 4's.

I am trying to create website but I was not successful. I havent received any message about activating my blog. takingtheplunge can you please look into it.

Regards,

htrocks

htrocks, It's obvious you posted your post-op pics as you wanted some reassurance about the work you had done. It's normal to feel unsure, and most of us (even multi-procedure patients) do. Keep in mind you have a long journey ahead and it will take a full year to see the realization of your HT. I am currently 8 months post-op and cannot believe how much has changed for me in the past month. If I had judged my result a few weeks ago I would not have been 100% happy. Now the transplanted hair that has grown is starting to thicken up and is providing so much better coverage. I also feel a ton of new stubble popping through. I will update with pics in a few days so you can see the difference just 4 weeks can make even this seemingly late in the game.

So, be patient and good growing to you!

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

takingtheplunge,

My doctor's name is Dr.Y.V Rao, He is located in Hyderabad, India. Total graft count is 3624.

I am finally able to create the website, the problem was it was not accepting same user id and email id.

I had to use a different email id to create website. I will be updating my pics on a regular basis over there.

Regards,

htrocks

harithere,

Yes, my main intention to post the pre and post op pics, is to get the comments from the forum.

Many folks here are experts and can comment on procedure, doctor and his work etc. When I heard the first 2 positive replies on the forum about my HT, I felt very happy.

I do agree there is a very long journey ahead for me, but I am glad I was able to make the decision to get the HT done. I wanted to do this in 2009 but did not dare to get my HT done, in past 2 years, I lost even more hair and thats when I was afraid that I may not have much hair in donor area and hence decided to get the HT done.

Regards,

htrocks

Guest AngelChodie

I really like these pictures. They are so great. There are so many advances in hair restoration that going bald is getting close to a thing of the past. There are a lot of options out there and keeping up with what is new in the industry can be very tough. Make sure you talk with doctors and people who know what is going on in the industry but it is quite awesome seeing how far technology has improved hair loss.

All,

it has been exactly 2 weeks since my HT. The doctor has used absorbable sutures.

He did mention that it is still advisable to get the stiches removed between 2 - 3 weeks.

so that my scar area will look lot better.

I am back in the US, I have called my physician and their office have never done this type of work and they are cluless how to charge per stich or something else. they said they will get back to me and havent gotten back till now. I have also called another urgent and family care hospital who accept walkins with out appointments. they asked me to come and show it to them before they can decide whether to remove the stiches or not.

Have anyone gotten the stiches successfuly removed here from different doctor who did not do the HT ? can you share your experience or provide suggestions. also can you let me know how much it might cost etc ?

regards,

htrocks.

Regards,

htrocks

Guest mariewoltz25411697

I had my HT done in Hyderabad and got my stitches removed here in US. The doc didn't have a clue that it was from HT, until I told him. For me it was my university health center, so I wasn't charged at all. It is a very simple procedure. It is similar to removing stitches on a cloth. It may take like 10mins. Any family doc would be able to do it. They may charge you around $100.

• 4 weeks later...

What State are you in? You may want to check out ISHRS.org website and search for ht doctors in your area. Give them a call and ask if they are willing to remove sutures. If so, ask how much will it cost. If they charge, it's usually around $50-$100. Some will do it as a professional courtesy and not charge.

You can also check around for urgent care facilities near your home. State that you have sutures that need to be removed and give them as info as possible about it - approximately how long it is (for ex: running stitches that are 26cm in length) and what type of sutures were used. Get this info from your ht doctor beforehand. The clinic should be able to tell you at the time of the appointment if they are able to remove it and how much it will cost. We assist our patients in finding a location. You may want to check with your clinic to see if they know of a place and help you set it up.

I just went into my primary care doctor's office and the nurse took them out no charge, no questions asked.

Hello GreaseDJ & Janna,

I am in Texas State. I went to urgent care and they didnt want to do it. I also called my primiary care physicians office and they asked me to go to plastic surgeon to remove the stiches.

I called multiple doctors and they all backed off when I said the sutures were for Hair Transplant. I am glad I got the dis-solvable sutures. My wife took out 80% of the sutures. We did not remove the knots since they were very tight and also few stutures which were hard to remove.

Around 4th week couple of my knots fell off when I started rotating them in circular motion. Around 5th week remaining knot and other sutures were gone, didnt notice when they fell off.

All is well now. I see a dark red/black spot on the donor area. once I post the pics, you can take a look and comment about them.

Thankyou for your replies and guidance.

regards,

htrocks

Regards,

htrocks

These are taken on 6th week. I have trimmed the hair to match the size of growth in the transplanted hair.

Is this shock loss around donor area usual ? i am still wearing cap because of the shockloss around donor area.

Is that 2 dark red/black spots normal on donor area ?

Hair Restoration Journal -6th Week - Scar

Regards,

htrocks

HTrocks,

Thank you for providing us with your most recent photos. The hardest part is waiting! Where are you located in Texas? Doc might know someone that can help with your sutures.

Thankyou Kira. but I dont have anymore sutures left. all of them are fallen off /absorbed.

What do you think of the pictures ?

Regards,

htrocks

• 4 weeks later...