My 5604 Graft HT with Dr. Rahal 3 Month Update

It has now been three months since I underwent my procedure with Dr. Rahal. I am very happy to say that everything is coming along quite well and as expected. The donor area at this point is a non issue and actually looks just like it did before the procedure now that the hair has grown in. I can hardly find the scar (it really is pencil thin). The transplanted hairs are coming in slowly and I think I am right were I am suppose to be at this point. The hairs are very fine and more and more are appearing day by day. Please feel free to comment and let me know what you think. I personally have no complaints. All the pictures were taken today excluding the first one which was taken five days post-op.

5b32cfd86dc57_Upclose.jpg.ce8026ed301831c6040dc371697d5f8c.jpg

RSCN0637.jpg.79c05ed40c76640b3e47fe337bca552b.jpg

RSCN0635.jpg.a7e9a09d8c835d37413dfd8601156b83.jpg

RSCN0640.jpg.0fafe89316dcef6ae996251c9f8f7f57.jpg

RSCN0638.jpg.1d567427ecabfdc4ea03d18a5f5ccb14.jpg

RSCN0651.jpg.8a4160be5f782efac1b73bb0195fe07b.jpg

You can definitely see the new hairs appearing which is great at the 3 month mark. Fun to be in the beginning of the growth stage! Looking good so far......keep us posted.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Your donor area looks excellent, but one thing I have noticed is that your recipient area still looks quite sore.

This is because my camera has a tendency to make the top of my head look more red than it actually is in real life. There is no pain or discomfort anywhere on my head right now. The pimples are a bit anoying though!

O.K. just out of interest how long before the redness is your recipient area went away?

I would say it was around month two that the redness started to really fade away. Albeit, there was also a big difference in the amount of redness I had on my head between month one and month two also. I guess the best way to describe it is that it just progressively fades away day by day. Also, I have very fair skin. So this is also a factor to consider in how much redness I have and also how long before it all goes away.

looks good...growing should begin very sooon...good luck! Did you stay at Foxbar?

Looks like everything is progressing nicely! Thank you for sharing. Good luck.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, the fair skin will typically deal with redness a bit longer than normal. Mine last several months after my first procedure. But the more hair you have the more the redness/pinkness will be covered. Once you start growing the redness can actually slightly reduce the color contrast between the scalp and hair - which can actually make it look more dense.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

you got lots of pimples bro! that only means one thing! hair is trying to come out and say hello! i got lots of pimples too woohoo!

Good to hear from you Filipinoboy.

I will be posting my 4 months results in a couple of days. Don't have pimples anymore...just HAIR! Way too cool !

Yeah, the fair skin will typically deal with redness a bit longer than normal. Mine last several months after my first procedure. But the more hair you have the more the redness/pinkness will be covered. Once you start growing the redness can actually slightly reduce the color contrast between the scalp and hair - which can actually make it look more dense.

Thanks for the comment aaron1234. The redness has actually all gone now. The hair growth is really kicking in. I will post my 4 month results in a couple of days. What a difference just one month can have on the amount of growth.

Regards

Hairgoesnothing

Congrats man. You are in for a fun ride.

I wish you all the best.

Thanks Cant decide. It is a fun ride. Growing more hair day by day is just too cool. But the best part, I think, is how nobody notices that I got anything done. It just goes to show you, I figure, how good doc Rahal is at what he does.

Regards

I agree. Its strage, I was a NW 5 and now I have very good density throughout thats to Dr. Rahal (Albeit with a soemwhat thinning crown). Barely anyone has ever commented on it. It shows you how little people really care about hair and how undetecteable a good HT can be. The natutalness of my HT is a TOTAL non issue for me.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I agree. Its strage, I was a NW 5 and now I have very good density throughout thats to Dr. Rahal (Albeit with a soemwhat thinning crown). Barely anyone has ever commented on it. It shows you how little people really care about hair and how undetecteable a good HT can be. The natutalness of my HT is a TOTAL non issue for me.

Yea, I've seen your results. You would never be able to tell you had a HT. I was a Norwood VI. And I thought that people would notice that I now have hair. But no one has said anything. And they don't even stare at my hair line or anything. It really looks like nothing was ever done. Can't wait for my second procedure where doc Rahal will be addressing the crown area.

All the best

Hi, Mattj.

Crisdav has told me your Doc is very good at his work. I am looking into having my first her hair transplant. But i think i would rather have fue first.

Any chance of a online consultation?