How long does it take to recover from FUE transplant?

You will notice scabs in the recipient and donor area. After 8 days you won't be able to see much especially in the donor area, but still see some pinkness on top of your head because on day 8 you are able to rub off the scabs.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Its going to depend on how much work you have done and if the doc shaves the recipient area. My guess is that on day 5 it will be somewhat noticeable. You can check out my day 5 pics if you like. I still had some scabs around day 10

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

You need to find out if the doc will shave the recipient area. In my case, he shaved some but left me some native hair and I was able to hide the grafts to some degree by brining my native hair forward. If you can get a few more days off would be better or if you're allowed to wear a hat at work would be fine. Who is your doc if you don't mind me asking?

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

There are a lot of factors to consider.

How many grafts are you getting?

At what density are they being transplanted?

Your own physiology.

etc etc

I had 3016 grafts done in the frontal region and had a military style buzz done on the day of surgery. You can see my pics at my hairloss website to get an idea of what you may face. Scabs for me took a while to come off, say about 2 weeks I think. I followed every instruction and continue to follow all instructions.

Now in your situation, you are just getting 1,000 grafts, that's a much smaller procedure and it may not show as much or impact your scalp as much as 3016 grafts did for me. So, you should be good to go. Good luck.