Montreal ht doctor

Francois1

Unlike my dumb self, Matt has better things to do with his time than justify to some dummie what Dr Rahal is charging. And back to your original argument, if Dr Rahal charges to much then why waste your time on here? Go with the guy you listed!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I want to get involved in this thread, but just to clarify 3000 FUE grafts would most likely be done in 2-3 days depending on the patient's skin quality. Most experienced doctors can get about 1500-2000 FUE grafts in one day. So it's not quite that much in one day you're actually taking up potentially 3 days of work.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Montreal,

Frankly I think the lifetime of restored vitality and self confidence hair transplant surgery restored for me was well worth the price of $35000 for 9600 grafts. And frankly, most people don't need nearly as many grafts and pay far less. But this is up to each individual to determine for themselves.

Bill

Adding to what Bill said, The $35,000 he spent will be with him 24/7, it wont need insurance or oil changes like a car, it wont need property taxes like a house. Everyone must decide for themselves what is more important. We tend to forget about the money we could have had if we had not spent it when we look at many years past. But we almost all look in the mirror every day, and if $35,000 puts a smile on our face every day it was likely worth it.

My only issue with spending the money is believing the results will be consistent with what I spent. That is where finding a great doctor comes in. I want to know that "Im getting my money`s worth".

Why should Matt answer I'm the only guy putting up a fight ?? You're gonna drop an easy 20k for a procedure that shouldn't cost that much ..., take the money and Run that's what he thinking or go get a loan poor man

but if we would have more voices Like mine maybe the support of the website managers demanding Matt or any other respectful Ht doctor to at least try and explain why such a procedure costs so much ? Believe me

Matt would have 2 options

-explain how procedure could cost 35k

- or take his advertising dollar elsewhere

I just wanted to give my opinion. Let say Dr. Rahal is able to do 1500 grafts FUE a day at $8 that would $12000. Most posters know that he is able to do a huge number of FUT grafts where he could make alot more in a day.

Agree or disagree with his prices Dr. Rahal is a world class doctor and like everyone is business is allowed to charge what he wishes. At the end if somebody charges too much for anything they will know very quickly.

I understand hair transplants are not cheap. In my opinion its better to go bald (its natural) then to recieve a bad transplant. I see alot of repair Italians that wish they never recieved a hair transplant they would have perfered to go bald then spend years having to cover a disgrafeful hair tranplant.

If you dont agree with his prices you can go somewhere else or just continue to go bald. As Bill stated its elective surgery so you are not going to die if you dont get one done.

Good luck on your decision

Edited by lorenzo

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

you people are brain washed, what average person has 35 000$ just like that for a HT.On top of that you dont even get hair coverage like we all once had,so it's like buying a used car LOL how you like that gottitgood4me.

you people are brain washed, what average person has 35 000$ just like that for a HT.On top of that you dont even get hair coverage like we all once had,so it's like buying a used car LOL how you like that gottitgood4me.

I was suggesting that it be done over a 4-5 year period, like many others have had. Thats right, we do not get coverage like we once had, but I see results that are very impressive and patients that say they are very happy with the results, so, in my opinion the "used car" they bought was a $30,000 1982 Ferrari 308 GTB. Not the best used car out there, but it will make lots of people happy having it.

I work a very low paying job and I have made sacrifices to save the money I need to have my second procedure done. Its scheduled for Nov.11 2011. I could have bought a used Corvette, or a nice used motor home, or endless numbers of things, with the money but I made a personal choice that this is more important, just like many others have decided.

I have no interest debating with angry, or verbally abusive people that use sarcasm to make their point over the internet, so dont expect any replies if that is the direction you take.

I have no interest debating with angry, or verbally abusive people that use sarcasm to make their point over the internet, so dont expect any replies if that is the direction you take.

Well said I fully agree!!

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Do u really think Matt or any Ht rep would answer?

It doesn't matter how I phrased it or asked .., u have people on this forum who are willing to pay 15 to 20k for a Ht and justify it .,,, and not just a Fue job but to have someone cut him from one side to the other... Amongst this logic I'm an idiot ..,, Thank God .,, as long as this logic exists why should Matt answer ??

Again ..., I ask with all the respect I have .... Matt why does Rahal or any other respectful Ht surgeon who is a master at their skill charge 30-35 k for ONE DAY of work ..... Can u please shed some light ?

Cause the only reason I could come up with is Doctors taking advantage of deseperate Men

"Matt why does Rahal or any other respectful Ht surgeon who is a master at their skill charge 30-35 k for ONE DAY of work ..... Can u please shed some light ?

Cause the only reason I could come up with is Doctors taking advantage of deseperate Men"

I think I should repeat my statement earlier, just to make people understand that 3000 FUE grafts are not performed in one sitting, it's usually done in 2-3 days.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Francios

I'm gonna really try to be civil. I honestly don't think it's just the HT industry. It's all plastic surgery. The cheapest surgery is probably breast implants. I'm getting 4000 grafts from Dr Rahal and it's about 3.50 a graft on average. Yes, I'm gonna be " cut from ear to ear " as you put it, but I have the confidence in Dr Rahal that the scar will be minimal thus making FUT a much more affordable and reasonably priced surgery. If you google nose jobs, check bones, liposuction, etc, I think you will find all plastic surgery is pretty expensive. I don't think you are right in calling Matt out on shedding light on why FUE cost so much money. It is a highly invasive procedure and very time consuming. I cannot speak for Dr Rahal but I would bet he would rather do a 4000 graft case of FUT than a 4000 graft case of FUE and make 20000 dollars less. I hope you find your answers. I have done some checking around with top quality surgeons and Dr Rahals prices are certainly fairly priced! Hope this helps!

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

from my research Most HT doctors preform 3000 Fue in one sitting ..,, Its funny how none of the HT reps respond ? Goes to show bad the industry is ..., 35 k one day 5 jobs a month 175 000 x 12 months 2.1 million ..., and no one bothers to force Matt to justify these figures

Do the math and tell me it's not based on pure Greed

Francois1 if you haven't noticed I am a consultant and 3000 FUE is not done in one sitting, your research is wrong, like most of your comments and assumptions. No one has to justify any pricing to you, these procedures are incredibly difficult and that's why not every HT doctor performs them. It's incredibly precise and takes much longer to do than FUT; imagine taking out that many grafts and needing to trim excess tissue, clean them, create the incisions and then implanting them back. Good FUE doctors usually can extract anywhere from 300-500 grafts an hour and must take breaks ever so often as the devices they use cause a lot of arm and hand fatigue. Each incision has to be made so precisely and at the proper depth otherwise you can easily transect the follicle. So when FUT a difficult procedure in itself costs about 4-5 dollars per graft you must understand that this much more difficult procedure which can span several days will cost more. Also you are not factoring the cost of technicians salaries, the medication that is administered during the procedure (valium, anesthesia etc), equipment costs (many instruments are disposed after usage such as the blades to make extractions as well as the blades that make the incisions; this blades for incisions are usually made specifically for that particular patient), renting or paying a mortgage on an office (in big cities this can be quite substantial), and last but not least the doctor's liability insurance costs which have only gotten higher in recent years. So a case that is 3000 grafts for FUE would in most cases be done in 2 days so it's not 30k in a day but rather 15k still a hefty sum, but half the amount you're thinking. Also I don't believe they would charge you $10 per graft they actually stated earlier it was $7 or $8 per graft, which would make it $21,000-$24,000 in total so I don't know where you're getting 35k from. So summing up this argument you are making is nonsense if you do not like the price that this procedure is going for than simply don't do it, no one is forcing you. It's very clear you don't understand or appreciate the serious training these doctors have gone through and that's why they are considered the best and why other doctors in the world charge very low prices because that's the only way they will be able to attract uneducated, quick to make decision patients.

Force Matt?

Just for the record I'm assuming you are talking about Mattj? We DON'T live in a communistic governmen. No one can force Matt to explain anything, nor is there a need for him to explain anything. It appears to me that " your research " has not been going on very long. I THOUGHT you made a good choice coming to this board for answers, but all you want to do is argue with veteran members and get reprimanded by mods! If youve done your research, then your done! Period! Go with the doctor you've found and QUIT calling for a doctors rep or Matt or Dr Rahal to come on here and explain themselves. That's just stupid.

Edited by NEWHAIRPLEASE

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

Francois1, you clearly don't want help with your research. Don't you realize you are getting nowhere with your uninformed statements? Go get a HT with the cheapest Dr. you can find and good luck with that. No one really cares about what you think of the costs of HT from the best doctors in the business.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Francois1, you clearly don't want help with your research. Don't you realize you are getting nowhere with your uninformed statements? Go get a HT with the cheapest Dr. you can find and good luck with that. No one really cares about what you think of the costs of HT from the best doctors in the business.

Agreed!!

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

So you re telling me u paid s doctor roughly 15k to do that to your head? How did u sleep that night ?

What did u friends say? Didn't any of them try and talk u out of it ? Why

didn't wait a few more years and get Fue ? Was it the money 28k

So you re telling me u paid s doctor roughly 15k to do that to your head? How did u sleep that night ?

What did u friends say? Didn't any of them try and talk u out of it ? Why

didn't wait a few more years and get Fue ? Was it the money 28k

Yes. I will pay that much! I will sleep good that night!! I WILL recover. YOU DON'T want help. For some reason you think you can change pricing. You are starting to sound more ignorant with each and every post you make! It's almost comical at this point.

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

Think about how can anyone change pricing? You guys are willing

to pay close to 16 k for Fut ... No wonder the ht doctors charge what they want ..,, question is why

don't they even charge more? U had Ht at 19 yrs old God why? Is Dr Rahal going to do you're entire scalp? What about losing what u already have would Fue be a better option seeing

you already have hair ? Or was it too expensive ?

Back in the early 1990's when hair transplantation was no where near as good as it is today surgeons were charging $15-22 PER GRAFT. That was expensive but you know what? Men and women alike were still lined up to get surgery! Who cares what it costs....it's an elective surgery. My most recent back surgery cost over $90,000! Yes I have insurance, but it goes to show you that all surgery is expensive. There are lots of costs the doctor has to pay.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Think about how can anyone change pricing? You guys are willing

to pay close to 16 k for Fut ... No wonder the ht doctors charge what they want ..,, question is why

don't they even charge more? U had Ht at 19 yrs old God why? Is Dr Rahal going to do you're entire scalp? What about losing what u already have would Fue be a better option seeing

you already have hair ? Or was it too expensive ?

Yes, I had a transplant at 19. I was young and uniformed( like you ). Fortunately, I'm 38 now and still have a lot of native hair left and plenty of donor hair. It's be almost 20 years since my last transplant, If I can make it 20 more after this one, I'll call it a success!

Yes, If I've never had surgery before I would probably have an FUE, but since I already have a scar I'll go FUT! FUT is proven and no matter what you think generally produces more WOW results! Like I said, I thought you were off to a good start coming to this board...you can get a lot of help here! but you are certainly growing old already ! People will stop taking you serious and you will be back to square one...I've made a lot of friends on this board and gotten all my information from this website! I highly suggest you stop making enemies and start seeking advice instead of coming on here and trying to form a coo against the hair transplant industry!

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website