Free Transplants for Posting?

• Administrators

Apparently Dr. Alvi Armani has been offering some of his patients a free transplant if they join his online cheer leading squad. Interested parties are invited contact Dr. Armani or one of his agents. However, we advise that you carefully read all the fine print first.

According to the "Independent Partner Contract" that some of Dr. Armani's patients have signed, "The Independent Partner must participate on the globally recognized hair loss forums as per instructions from Alvi Armani. Participation in the forums must be daily and answers to queries from forum participants must be prompt."

Section 8 of this "contract" states - "The Independent Partner agrees not to make any negative comments or remarks about Alvi Armani, affiliates, related businesses, management, directors, and staff during or after the cancellation or termination of this contract."

Is it any wonder there were so many glowing daily testimonials about Dr. Armani on forums other than this one (we long ago recognized this covert marketing and prohibited it on this forum)?

The catch is that if the patient divulges the existence of this covert agreement they will be "fined" $3,000,000. This is detailed in section 9 "Breach of clauses 5 to 8 of this contract by the Independent Partner has a fine of U.S. $3,000,000.00. Breach of contract will be sufficient reason for contract cancellation."

However, if you do his bidding for 18 months you will get a complimentary FUE procedure, which might even grow hair.

"3. The above marketing contribution will be exchanged for a complimentary FUE Hair Transplant procedure which will be authorized by Alvi Armani once the above has been achieved."

What fantasy land does Dr. Alvi Armani live in that he thought he could slip this one by and deceive the online patient community forever? To his credit he did get away with this for years over at Hair Loss Help (read all about it on Concerns about it at " Missing Armani threads on hair loss help - Farrel? ". But not on this site.

Dr. Armani tried to intimidate us with a lawsuit that continues to be pending in court but we've held our ground. To see how that lawsuit is working out for Dr. Armani visit " Dr. Armani Lawsuit Against the Hair Transplant Network".

So any takers?

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

A lot of people were probably excited when they read the subject of your post. HAHA.

Then once they saw it was Dr. Armani that excitement probably went away even before reading the terms of the contract.

August 12, 2008 - 3100 grafts Dr. Feller

Check out my blog - http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=876

This contract allegation is really bothering me. I'm hoping it is not true. If it is true it sounds like fraud in my opinion. It makes me really sick to even think about the possibility that it is true.

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Where do I sign up......NOT!! The sad part is that he may actually get takers on this. What is very disappointing (and we have at one time been there), is that this seems to prey on the vulnerability of those who would like a transplant but do not have the funds. I have read the controversy over Dr. Armani and from an insider looking in, I am not impressed. I generally do not and will not get involved in controversy but I feel I just had to say that this proposal is a joke.

Not all Armani patients are offered this free

fue .

For one its only offered to a small percentage of people that he feels he can manipulate.

You also have to pay for your first surgery and then after youve accomplished everything they ask of you , you are eligible for a small free fue session.

Problem is the original fue doesnt grow at a high yield on alot of guys so its basically a free touchup . A huge waste of grafts.

The contact I saw was blank and the person who snatched it wasnt a patient so Im not sure how many guys have signed it.

The unhappy people I know just signed consent forms .

I would love for someone that signed that contract to come forward but they are probably scared to death.

Its 3 pages of BS .

I have a strong feeling things are going to crumble . To what extent ,not sure.

I just wonder where all this is going. The usual solution to lawsuits is that one party is adjudged as having right on their side and the other has to pay. The other solution is an out of court agreement. The harder the frontline gets the harder it is to reach a simple solution. Is anyone even trying to reach a simple solution. You will forgive me if I presume on your site and I am most certainly not a Armani agent but it all seems to be getting unnecessarily out of hand..

Predator,

You have to remember that this is a free speech forum. The reason Dr. Armani is suing us in the first place is because Pat and I have voiced our reservations about Dr. Armani's practice, marketing tactics, techniques, and ethics publicly, well before the lawsuit. As is obvious on the Dr. Armani Lawsuit Against the Hair Transplant Network thread, we are far from the only ones who've expressed these public reservations.

Until the constitution crumbles or we are told otherwise, we reserve our right to free speech and informing our patient community of what they need to know in order to make good decisions in selecting a surgeon.

Though we typically focus on the beautiful flower of the rose, sometimes it's critical to unveil the thorns.

Best wishes,

Bill

Originally posted by Predator:

You will forgive me if I presume on your site and I am most certainly not a Armani agent but it all seems to be getting unnecessarily out of hand..

Predator as somebody that had once considered a HT with Dr Armani I felt horrible when reading this latest allegation regarding this contract. As you said some things may get out of hand in these Armani threads but I feel if this contract allegation is true that it is extremely important that people hear about it.

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Originally posted by Predator:

I just wonder where all this is going. The usual solution to lawsuits is that one party is adjudged as having right on their side and the other has to pay. The other solution is an out of court agreement. The harder the frontline gets the harder it is to reach a simple solution. Is anyone even trying to reach a simple solution. You will forgive me if I presume on your site and I am most certainly not a Armani agent but it all seems to be getting unnecessarily out of hand..

I think it is good for us to know when there is the possibility of a quid pro quo between posters who praise a clinic and the HT surgeon.

I mean, it's just common sense isn't it?

Had a friend that went there and and he got into contact with others that were silenced.

Theres 4 guys that Ive talked to on the phone with 3 sending me there pics . So thats 5 VERY upset people .

My boys little brother whos life has been drastically changed for the worse was the first Armani fue I ever saw . He had maybe 25-35% growth.

I feel responsible as I encouraged him to check out Armani when he was doing strip.

He decided to go the fue route but I feel more guilty then you could ever imagine for not trying harder to get him to cancel. Hes in his early 20s and has basically given up . Went from a police cadet to a unemployed drunk in less then 18 months

I do know one thing and that is if Armani doesnt pay these guys back the FULL cash amout they are going to post their pics soon.

• Administrators

As many of you know, we are involved in litigation with Dr. Armani (see Dr. Armani Lawsuit Against the Hair Transplant Network ). We have been gathering ample evidence from patients, medical technicians and physicians to support our case. However, our attorney has advised us not to present all of this evidence publicly at this time.

The "contract" that I excerpted on this topic has been circulated by a number of Armani patients. Frankly, to those of us in the industry who share information, it's old news and no surprise.

We invite people to continue contacting us to provide more information about Dr. Armani and his staff and their medical and marketing practices. As you might imagine, we have a wealth of information already. But we welcome even more information.

As always, those who would like to share their information publicly by posting it should feel comfortable doing so on this forum.

Thanks for everyone's support in exposing and ending these abuses.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

A member paid forum consultant with no crown growth

I always wondered regarding his case, AKA as Pat205 on HLH. Is this the best Armani can show? He is supposed to represent Armani and show the best result? Frankly it is quite pathetic...over 4000 grafts (note that his first HT was strip) and little to show.

Like PGP said, for the average patients that we don't hear of, 25% growth may well be the norm with our (in)famous FUE doctor...

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Hello all,

I stumbled across this forum because of the chaos over at HLH. I am very disturbed with all the alleged accusations aimed at Armani.

I'm on my third procedure with Armani- 2 strip 1 fue. My recent procedure of fue was a touch up because of the unsatisfactory result (my opinion) from the 2nd strip procedure.

I can see why Armani would sue this forum because of all the negative publicity for his business. I would've thought twice about having the Fue procedure done had I came accross this forum.

I will also hold judgement until my latest procedure is 100%. I'm really hoping and praying I yield 90% plus from this result. I will not provide pics at this time but will keep you informed on how my result progresses.

Would it be a good Idea to get another HT Doctor involved to monitor my progress?