Need help with final decision!

Hi there, I'm a first-timer (HT), and thanks to this awesome site/forum, I feel comfortable with the research I've done and have now narrowed my 3 choices for surgeons down to Dr. Wong, Dr. Rahal and Dr. Alexander.

Now I need your help!!!

I'm super-indecisive and feel good about all 3. I know everyone has different opinions based on who they went with, etc., but I'd love any feedback on how to decide here. I understand that when you're dealing with such high-caliber surgeons so much comes down to feel, but really, I've felt good with all 3 thus far. I'm looking for someone's words of wisdom to push me in one decisive direction.

Thanks you guys!

Once you narrow it down to three top surgeons like that, just go with your gut and who you feel the most comfortable with. You absolutely can't go wrong with the choice you make. I went through the same struggle towards the end of my decision making process, but just made it based on how i felt in the end and never looked back.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Same story here! I was Dr Ron Shapiro, Dr Konior, and Dr Rahal. In the VERY end, after much going back and forth, I chose Dr Rahal! And I'm very glad I did. Looking forward to surgery in January.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Personaly I've decided on Dr.Rahal, I feel that the results he gives are the most consistent and I love his style.

Like others have said, go with your gut! YOU have to live with this decision and you want to make sure you are comfortable with the surgeon performing the procedure.

Good luck :)

I decided on Dr. Rahal after extensive research. To me, most of my decision was based on the hairlines. I looked at a lot of other factors as well, from the number of satisfied patients to the costs. Daily cleanings also were a major plus for the entire duration of my stay. It is a pain cleaning the first week/second week as you have to be really careful with the grafts.

It's a tough decision to make. I initially had a list of like 8-10 doctors that I went through, including another one of which you mentioned. Was a tough decision to make but in the end I went with FUE and Dr. Rahal also offered it as well, so I chose him. I felt it was the best bang for the buck overall.

I think all the doctors you listed are great. Go with your gut feeling, as someone else said, make the decision based on how you feel and then don't look back. Good Luck, hope you find your surgeon.

Here is my opinion if i were in your shoes...

1) Dr. Rahal

2) Dr. Alexander

3) Dr. Wong

Good luck in choosing your surgeon, Just for the info, I was in between three surgeons last winter (Dr. Rahal, Dr. Ron Shapiro, Dr. Bisanga). Because I was aiming for repairing a hairline and strip surgery I chosed Dr. Rahal.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hariri, I've seen you praise Dr. Alexander in previous posts. Did you have work done with him? How would you compare him to Dr. Rahal? I'm aiming for density of frontal/mid scalp mostly, not so much hairline or crown work needed.

One of my issues that I'm using to differentiate between the 3 is I am on the west coast so Wong and Alexander would be much easier than getting to Ottawa. Also, it seems that Alexander will work out a bit cheaper due to the Canadian tax.

Still trying to work this out....

Hariri, I've seen you praise Dr. Alexander in previous posts. Did you have work done with him? How would you compare him to Dr. Rahal? I'm aiming for density of frontal/mid scalp mostly, not so much hairline or crown work needed.

One of my issues that I'm using to differentiate between the 3 is I am on the west coast so Wong and Alexander would be much easier than getting to Ottawa. Also, it seems that Alexander will work out a bit cheaper due to the Canadian tax.

Still trying to work this out....

Actually right now " I think" the US dollar is stronger than the CAD. I think 1 US gives you 1.04 CAD. So for a 12000 dollar procedure you could save as much as 500 dollars..then again, my math may be way off BUT first thing Monday morning Im planning on making a BIG payment to Dr Rahal if this is the case.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

The thing about Canada is that they tax you at approx. 13% which is nuts...it makes having a HT there more expensive and on top of that if you are not from Canada you may get hit with a "foreign transaction fee" by your credit card company...but these additional fees are nominal when it comes to choosing a great doctor. I will pay it as it is what it is...pretty much no great way around it. HT is definitely something you don't want to really try to get a discount on as it is your appearance you have to live with for the rest of your life!

I'm not familiar with the taxes which vary from state to state in the US, but I believe most states do have sales tax and that they would be added onto the cost of a transplant.

Remember that many docs have a travel discount which could go some way to cancelling out the tax.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I don't think medical is taxed in the US, at least not where I am at.

That said, I would go with Rahal. Out of the 3:

1. Rahal

2. Wong

3. Alexander

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.