Question (pics inside)

Hi all

I don't know really where to start. Here goes nothing I guess at the age of 23-24 :( I started to lose hair rapidly from the top of my head 9-10 years later I barley have any left on the top. Now i was deciding to either save my money up for a Mercedes benz or get surgery done to restore my hair back.

I already summed it up to 2 doctors T&D or Dr Feller.

I will supply pictures so I can please get some knowledgeable advice from you guys.

IMAG0011.jpg.67cd20308d132c7cd6a9c6872d5f16a9.jpg

IMAG0006.jpg.7bf4b82821c1beba998fbcee5bd18025.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg.43661466630822890c2efa695f9e986d.jpg

IMAG0003.jpg.79ade2e5106ebe313cf04ffa4c778c10.jpg

It's really tough to say with your hair shaved so short, but it looks like you need a huge session. Do you any pics with longer hair?

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

No I just took these just a few minutes ago to tell you the truth. I sport a shaved head now so really this would probably be the longest anyone would ever see my hair long. When it is this long as what is shown in the pictures I sport a hat so no one could know I was going bald.

Do you need better pictures with better lighting?

If you still have good confidence in your appearence then the decision should be easy. If not then you really nned to understand the process you could be choosing to get involved in. You would definitely need several large procedures. Both doctors you are considering are excellent and am sure they will give you good honest advise.

You've lost enough hair that it's hard to see much of it at all from the top-down angles you've provided. The closeness of the shave is also adding to the difficulty in judging where you do and don't have hair. Do you have any photos taken from the back and sides.

You're a NW6 at least, and possibly a NW7 if the sides and back have dropped down far enough. Not only that but you appear to have a larger than average surface area to cover.

It's best to consult with your chosen doctors, and if that will be via email with photos then make sure to include those back and side angles as this will make it much easier for them. Ideally your hair would be longer too, if possible.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

You have a nice head. Go with the Benz. If it really bothers you, keep researching and you will make a good decision.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I think you're a N6. If I were you, I'd go with a procedure. A Benz will not help your appearance. In my case, I was just too depressed to keep shaving my head like that. I grew to despise that look. You can always get a Benz at some point in the future.

You will need at least 5000 grafts, so you should look into surgeons who can perform such large procedures.

Edited by Michael5577

Think about it this way. You can get the instant gratification with the Benz. But with the HT process you might never be completely happy after years of physical, emotional, and financial trauma - especially with your level of hair loss. Like the others said, you have a cool looking head. By all means look into surgeons who can do 4k-5k grafts in one session - but if you choose the HT route it is a long journey with no guarantee's.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Guest mariewoltz25411697

With the amount of hair loss you have, I don't think you can have a great change in your appearance with HTs. Once you have a HT, you can't go back and shave your head due to scars. So, there is a risk of getting worser. You can probably improve your looks marginally by getting scalp micro pigmentation. Or you can try a wig and see whether it works for you.

I greatly appreciate everyone's comments. If i do end out getting HT done it wont be for some time now. I was looking for a sense of hope not despair that maybe something could be done to regrow my hair back the way it once was or close to it. Mariewoltz I would never get caught dead with a hair piece or do micro on my head (tattooing my head?) I see guys on these forums with worse cases and seen some amazing work done what would be the difference with me its not like my whole head has gone completely bald just the top and i could feel stubble's on it. so your saying there is no hope for me I should just quit while I'm ahead?

Any other Dr on here can give me some more advice please do so.

Normalhair,

If you haven't already done so, you should set up some consults with Drs before deciding anything. You could begin with free online consults (see the tab on top of this screen). Then follow up with in person consults. Just my thoughts.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

I really am unsure if you have enough donor hair to cover your entire balding area. If your heart is set on total coverage I would consider not getting started. If you are ok with the frontal half having some decent coverage and the crown not then maybe you could have something done. You would have some more options if hair multiplication was available. I pray for it every night.