A dream to become True (Replicel)

HARIRI

Check this out everybody. That will be the 100% cure for any baldness from NW1 to NW6

A new course of action | Replicel

This will be a better option even than the hair clonning where a hair transplant surgeon wont be needed.

They talked about it a lot in Spenser Kobren show (The Bald truth)

(Link removed by moderator - See Terms of Service)

Edited by TakingThePlunge

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sean, another company is working on the same concept in Singapore called HISTOGEN. However REPLICEL seems like more professional and clear. Im praying to God that anyone of these two will success after than NO MORE DONOR ISSUE, NO MORE HAIR TRANSPLANTS and NW CHART WONT BE A BIG DEAL. Replicel stated that the cure will be less than $10000 which means cheaper than a 2000 grafts strip procedure. How about that?

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Sean, another company is working on the same concept in Singapore called HISTOGEN. However REPLICEL seems like more professional and clear. Im praying to God that anyone of these two will success after than NO MORE DONOR ISSUE, NO MORE HAIR TRANSPLANTS and NW CHART WONT BE A BIG DEAL. Replicel stated that the cure will be less than $10000 which means cheaper than a 2000 grafts strip procedure. How about that?

I am with you man, this seems very promising. Let's see if they have substantial success. It seems so promising. I am trying to find out their timelines of their trials and results.

I just realized something, this company was known as Trichoscience. I did email them a while back, around February 2010. Looks like they are advancing. It's either they changed their name or have been bought out by Replicel.

Yea, it seems so, because I typed in Tricoscience in google and I got this result in the search page, "Replicel. TrichoScience Innovations Inc. is now owned 100% by RepliCel Life Sciences. You are being directed to the RepliCel website. If you are not ..."

At the time I contacted them, Trichoscience, I believe was just beginning Stage 1 human clinical trials in Europe and that no publishable results were said to be available until late 2010. They also said their results to date have were very positive and they felt they were close. Maybe this is it?

Edited by Sean

I clicked on the history and here what it says

Two Decades of Research Collaboration

The founding scientists, Dr. Rolf Hoffmann and Dr. Kevin McElwee, have worked for more than two decades to develop a profound scientific understanding of immunology, hair biology, hair growth and alopecia. Their collaboration began in 1999 when Prof. Hoffmann appointed Dr. McElwee as a senior research scientist in the Department of Dermatology at Phillips University in Marburg, Germany.

The research collaboration led them to examine the dynamics of cultured hair follicle-derived cells focussing on a region of the hair follicle that had been largely ignored by scientists – the dermal sheath cup.

In pre-clinical trials using tissue engineering and standard animal models, the scientists found that, in contrast to previous studies, cultured cells derived from the dermal sheath cup were capable of reconstituting a dermal papilla (“DP”) and promoting the development of hair follicles.

The scientists’ landmark study was published in the peer-reviewed Journal of Investigative Dermatology in 2003. Together, the scientists filed patent applications, which have been accepted in Europe and Australia and are now pending in the US, Canada, and Japan.

Dr. McElwee was appointed to the Faculty of Medicine at the University of British Columbia in 2004. Two years later, he and Dr. Hoffmann founded TrichoScience Innovations Inc. (now controlled by Newcastle Resources Ltd. doing business as Replicel Life Sciences*) with three other internationally recognized hair research scientists – Drs. Jerry Shapiro, David McLean, Harvey Lui as well as a local entrepreneur Matt Wayrynen. RepliCel is now focused on translating Dr. McElwee and Prof. Hoffmann’s scientific discoveries into a safe, non-surgical solution for treating androgenetic alopecia and other forms of hair loss in men and women.

The company launched Phase I/IIa human clinical trials in Europe in December 2010. Further clinical trials are planned for 2012 in Canada with European trials to follow.

Both Drs. McElwee and Hoffmann continue to play key leadership roles in the company. Dr. McElwee is RepliCel’s Chief Scientific Officer and Dr. Hoffmann is RepliCel’s Chief Medical Officer.

My Hair Treatments:

(Link removed by moderator)

RepliCel Life Sciences is pleased to provide an update on its first-in-human clinical trial TS001-2009.

As of today, all 20 subjects have been enrolled in the study and have provided biopsy samples for processing using the proprietary RepliCel? technology. Furthermore, the first injection of hair follicle cells prepared using RepliCel? technology was completed on March 10, 2011.

The final injections of hair follicle cells are anticipated to take place before the end of July 2011.

The first injection of hair follicle cells represented the beginning of the next stage of the TS001-2009 study. In this stage, the post-injection follow-up period, subjects return to the study centre to have their health closely monitored to ensure that there have been no adverse effects associated with receiving the injections and to determine the hair growth stimulating efficacy of the hair follicle cell injections.

All subjects are expected to complete their six-month follow-up visit by the end of January 2012. Once the final patient has completed their six-month follow-up visit, an interim analysis of all collected data will be performed to assess the primary outcome measure of the TS001-2009 study.

The analysis will involve assessment of the local (at treatment sites) safety profile of autologous hair follicle cells compared to placebo as defined by adverse events (AEs) with respect to their causality, incidence, severity and seriousness.

Edited by TakingThePlunge

My Hair Treatments:

Holding out hope for photos from the clinical trials...

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Guest mariewoltz25411697

This is good news. The company looks better than Edernas with more qualified people. To me, Ederans looks more like Bosley.

Let's all sign up for their mailing list and then keep an eye out in Jan 2012 when the trial results are published.

Dumb question, but - does the technology basically grow your hair back in the same place it was? Or would their still need to be some "artistry" on behalf of the doctor implanting the cells in the procedure so that results are aesthetically good as a hairline designed by Feller, Shapiro, et al? They mention injections in bald spots, but the hairline is different. Or does it just "wake up" the dormant hair so it grows back in looking natural?

http://www.replicel.com/wp-content/uploads/our-science/hair-cell-preplacement/procedure-graphic.jpg

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

The research is exciting......even if trials are successful, which is a big if, it will likely be years away. Not trying to be negative, just realistic.....you see things like this in many areas of medical research which either never pan out or are in experimental stages for 10 years or more before it can be determined if it is truly successful or not. I wonder if any of the doctors on the forum are familiar with this research and if so, what their thoughts are on it?

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Dumb question, but - does the technology basically grow your hair back in the same place it was? Or would their still need to be some "artistry" on behalf of the doctor implanting the cells in the procedure so that results are aesthetically good as a hairline designed by Feller, Shapiro, et al? They mention injections in bald spots, but the hairline is different. Or does it just "wake up" the dormant hair so it grows back in looking natural?

Not a dumb question! You are correct that the new technology would probably have to be done in conjunction with HT surgery to construct a hairline. Theoretically, if the new product did grow back new hair it probably wouldn't be growing it all back in a perfect condition - without thin patches, gaps in hairlines, etc. This is probably more true for men with higher level NW's. But at this point, still, it's all theoretical.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I totally get the idea they replicate Dht resistant hair cells and inject them on a bald spot to regrow a new hair. I don't think it's a new concept, Dr Farjo was doing similar research back in 2009 with intercytex which came to an end with unanswered questions.

The Replica site lost me when they said the injection would somehow also regrow pre-existing minaturised hair. As soon as it started to cycle surely it would be attacked again by dht and fail to mature?

But if one had a hair transplant how will it work ? I would be worried if it would happen that in the area where i have gotten transplanted hair the density would be much higher than the region where i havent had transplanted hair. Because there would be a lot more minuturiazed follicles that could be rejuveniled in the area where i had hair transplanted.

Am i making any sense :) ?

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

1 mg 5 % Minoxidil once a day.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Head and Shoulders every day.

Nizoral 2 % one time a week.

Emu oil.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/cardel25/blog/403/

HAIRTODAY72, Intercytex were trying to clone a hair follicle to re implant it just like a normal HT procedure. This one is different...Its injecting the hair cells, no need for any incisions or hair transplant. Its similar to Histogen concept.

I dont know who is going to achieve this first. Replicel will be available in North America and Histogen will be available first in Singapore. However I guess Replicel will win the race.

Edited by HARIRI

My Hair Treatments:

If I remember correctly, Intercytex was having issues with implanting cloned follicles because they couldn't find the right receptor to contain/hold the cloned hair follicle on the scalp. That's because cloned hairs need a foundation or platform to grow on in the scalp.

Hariri makes a good point, this is straight injecting hair cells where they try to attach and or create own follicles. I think this company is really on to something. I just hope they don't give up the research or run out of funding.

I haven't researched Replicel, but it seems as if they are attempting a type of follicular multiplication technique? Is the goal to remove the follicle, "clone it," and re-implant (via injection) the large number of clone grafts into the scalp?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I haven't researched Replicel, but it seems as if they are attempting a type of follicular multiplication technique? Is the goal to remove the follicle, "clone it," and re-implant (via injection) the large number of clone grafts into the scalp?

Blake, you definitely have to check out the demonstration video on their site. It is pretty interesting. I think they take the hair, then remove an area near the bulb and then multiply those cells, and then inject them into large quantities in one area to create a new follicles or to put some in other areas to strengthen or rejuvenate others. I guess they are doing both, multiplying hairs, nourishing dead follicles, etc.

Blake, you definitely have to check out the demonstration video on their site. It is pretty interesting. I think they take the hair, then remove an area near the bulb and then multiply those cells, and then inject them into large quantities in one area to create a new follicles or to put some in other areas to strengthen or rejuvenate others. I guess they are doing both, multiplying hairs, nourishing dead follicles, etc.

Sounds very interesting! I will definitely check it out when I get a few spare minutes. Although I always remind forum members to remain "cautiously optimistic" toward new innovations, I must admit that it's very exciting to following the new developments and watch the field of medical hair restoration continue to evolve.

Did you guys happen to catch the new journal published in "cell" this month: Fat Stem Cells Induce New Hair Growth in Clinical Trials

Definitely a lot of innovative thinkers trying different solutions to a vexing problem!

Keep us updated on Replicel!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.