Recommendations Please

I like in the UK and am looking to have FUT treatment, however, I am finding it difficult to choose a suitable clinic or surgeon. I have so far visited Transform (Dr Bhatty) and Ziering but have some reservations.

Can anyone recommend clinics of surgeons in the UK (I like near Liverpool in the North West of England).

Yeah, Farjo is great. Consult with him most definitely.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

22John,

Are you willing to travel outside of the UK?

I'm a UK lad an suffered 2 poor HTs in England.

Farjo seems to be one of the best options here.

I personally wouldn't limit your choice to the Doc's location. This is possibly a life changing decision. Don't get me wrong, location is important for sure because you need access to the Doc for follow up visits etc.... Then money comes into play ad all the rest of it.

A happy medium could be europe and Bisanga seems to be well up there at the minute too. This is just over an hour flight for for us. Plus, don't let airport procedures put you off, there is a ton of advice on here to make that much easier.

There are clinics to definitely avoid in the UK though mate. I don't know whether I can mention them on the thread but if you message me I will tell you.

There are some experienced HTers on here and their advice will benefit you.

You are definitely going about things the right way bu asking the questions first. I did it the other way round and bear the scars for my naivity and poor research now......

Keep researching.......

Jessie1

Unfortunately there are various family reasons why I couldn't consider surgery outside the UK at present, so I'm really trying to find recommendations for firms/surgeons in the UK.

Are Ziering ok? I've had the name of Dr Diaz quoted to me?

I went for a consultation to Transform (Manchester) with a Dr Bhatty - he seemed to say the right things but I wasn't convinced he was sincere!

John

22John,

I understand your personal reasons for not wishing to go outside of the UK.

John, its not my place to question a Docs competence without benefit of personal experience, however I recently watched a programme on TV which featured Dr Bhatty.

I wasn't impressed for many reasons, however who am I to judge from the comfort of my arm chair! Plus, the programme did not show the final results if I recall correctly. Furthermore, Dr Bhatty is not here to defend himself so I will leave it at that.

Please research mate, I can not stress this enough. If you make the same mistakes I did with UK clinics it will play on your mind for a very long time.

I do not wish to sound negative. This forum is excellent and there are all sorts of experiences in here from a variety of different doctors. It is so important for you to speak with patients about their experiences before making your decision. Don't restrict your research to some clever sales patter and glossy photo albums, there's more to it than that.

There are far more experienced forum members than me mate, but daft me did not just make one mistake with a UK clinic....... I made two!

Farjo seems to be among the best in the UK, perhaps a little more expensive, I really don't know.

Keep interacting in this forum and this will seriously help with your research.

I can honestly say that if I had known of the existence of this site prior to my UK HTs, I would not have gone through with them.

Jessie,

Many thanks for you advice, I am finding it hard to believe what a mine field HT is. There is a 'Best List' for our NHS Hospitals in the UK but nothing it seems for the private ones where I'd have to go for HT.

John