Did I get butchered?

Your scar seems a bit wide, but to be fair it's only 3 months so your scar has not healed properly yet, it usually takes 6 months for the scar to heal. Also your hair is very short, and even if your scar was pristine, I would still not recommend shaving so short because it would still be somewhat noticeable. Usually a #2, #3 on a razor setting hides the scar well.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

That is a very wide scar in my opinion, with that said, if you hade a perfect scar, it would be very noticable at that length.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

It's a big scar... though the redness is not out of the ordinary. Mine would sometimes get red even 12 months post-op... usually just out of the shower tho and I'm pretty fair skinned.

Grow out your hair to cover it and maybe get some dermmatch.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I did no exercises at all.

Only thing I can think of is that when I sleep, my chin almost touches my chest, my head is facing down.

I would feel pinching type of sensation and then try to reposition my head better.

Is there anything I can do at this point?

My plan was to get SMP done in January.

I would wait at least a full year post-op before you do anything else. See what happens with your results, you might be happy with how things turn out with the graft yield. I would look into scar revisions before SMP.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

The scar will heal the redness, but if anything, the scar will stretch more overtime. So if it looks like this now in 3 months, the prognosis is probably not great. It took me close to a year before the color balanced again, so no worries there.

Might be worthwhile to consider FUE to fill in the scar after it has completely healed? Or other scar repair techniques. Goodluck. I would def not shave my head as that scar would attract a lot of unwanted attention the way it looks now.

I will get FUE into the scar down the road, but I think SMP is a good stopgap solution. My only worry is the redness doesn't seem to be getting any better.

I am using Rogaine, does that have anything to do with it?