Putting everything on hold-shedding

Spanker

Well, I was all pumped up, really felt like it was time, and then, BAM, I am shedding like a banshee.

From 20 and up to 40 in the shower, plus later in the day brushing or running my hands through. Pretty much 70 percent of the time I run my fingers thru my hair I will at least shed a hair.

I brushed my hair earlier, had a white shirt on and got another 10-15 hairs off of my shoulders. It is shedding like that in the save zone badly as well.

I have been on fin for 11 months.

I have been shedding like this (or at least I noticed it) about 2 months ago.

I have always been a heavy shedder, but it seems like much more now. I have not noticed a rapid change in my hairs appearance, but it is scarring me really bad, so I am just going to sit and wait and see what happeds for now, as I am afraid the bottom will fall out and I will be chasing my tail.

I am 32 and between a NW2 and 3.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I wouldn't worry about that geezer you're probably coming to the end of your 7 year growth cycle that's all. You're wasting too much of your life waiting, just get on with a ht if that's the plan for the future as you're likely to shed at the start of the process anyway.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Hangin there spanker...if you are only a 2 or 3 then you are still in good shape for a HT. I would try not o hit the panic button and stop the meds cause then you may see a real bad shed! hang in there, give it time!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Well, I want to get one so I feel like I am doing somethign about it and can stop worrying about it for a few years at least, also I am pretty much financially ready for it,but if the bottom is about to fall out, I don't know what I want to do.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker, I am 3 weeks post op for my first HT. I can tell you that for me the anxiety in advance and during the thinking about it process was far worse than getting the HT or the post op. Also, my surgeon and their staff made me feel very comfortable before, during and after. Now that I had it done and am just in the waiting stage, I feel so much better.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Spanker, I am 3 weeks post op for my first HT. I can tell you that for me the anxiety in advance and during the thinking about it process was far worse than getting the HT or the post op. Also, my surgeon and their staff made me feel very comfortable before, during and after. Now that I had it done and am just in the waiting stage, I feel so much better.

I'm in the same boat! I know I've chosen a great surgeon in Dr Rahal, but I'm having to wait till January so I can use all my vacation. The anticipation is the worst. But it's still part of the whole process so you just have to deal with it!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Spanker,

I'm sorry to hear that. I know you've put in more time than just about anyone carefully weighing your options and covering all your bases.

I know that for me the deciding factor was the realization that not going through with a hair transplant was going to leave me in limbo. I knew I would just continue to endlessly browse the forum, looking at results and hating what I saw in the mirror.

Best of luck no matter what you decide!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

TTP,

Yeah, I know. That is kinda where I am at. I visit more now just to give input and see what is going on, as I have made all the decisions that need to be made. There is another guy with my scalp condition that is getting an HT this month so that is the only thing besides my massive recent shed is kinda making me stall. I am really interested to see if his takes as is expected.

On a lighter note, I have been streaming My Name is Earl on Netflix and Tim Stacks, who plays a parody of himself on the show, has an obvious transplant and it really looks like crap. It gives me a little stall too. And on the same note, the guy who plays Earl, which has a new show called Memphis Blues, appears to have gotten some hair work done as well.

View Spanker's Website

No mate he's called jason lee they make his hair look like it's falling out for the part of earl. I noticed when he started my name is earl his hair had gone bad so researched it and it's for the part.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Bonker,

http://static3.channels.com/thumbnails/assets/blip-tv/feeds/7-2055/14684/episodes/6360659_Kevin-Pollak-s-Chat-Show-KPCS---Ep--16-with-Jason-Lee--jpeg

Here is a pic of Jason in an interview. Google pics of him and you will see many not related to the show where his hair is obviously going. Not sure where your source was from, but I think they are wrong.

View Spanker's Website

Hmm yes maybe so mate it was a few years ago like.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I always thought Jason Lee had a full head of hair myself but, as we all know, that can change quite quickly.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

It may have been he was always thining but used rugs in dogma and early films then showed the reality in earl as earl was supposed to be a scruffy redneck.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I'll second that thought. I'm just over 5 months along and really couldn't be happier. Love looking at the mirror now.:D