Can anyone recommend Transform?

jay84

I've been looking into the option of getting hair transplants as have been thinning since I was round 18, I'm 26 now and have heard that can be done by a group called 'Transform'... I'm just looking for advice on where to go, can anyone recommed Transform?

Would be great if someone could get back in touch soon, Cheers

Never heard of them. And if I were you I would do a ton of research on this website for awhile. There are some good surgeons out there but it is easy to make a mistake. Do your research!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

jay84,

Welcome! You've received some very good advice. You should take time to carefully research any hair transplant clinic you are considering. You only get one shot at a first hair transplant.

I see you are located in the UK. In England the Hair Transplant Network recommends Dr. Bessam Farjo and Dr. Nilofer Farjo. The Farjos are both esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. To learn about Coalition membership standards, click here.

To locate all of our recommended physicians worldwide, you can consult our interactive map.

Best of luck in your search!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Transform were recently discussed on the forum, they were featured on a TV programme on chanel 4.

Here is the link

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/161078-hair-transplants-channel-4-uk-tv.html

The HT work didnt look good . They also have many unhappy patients on UK plastic surgery forums. Good marketing and easy payment terms keep them busy but the work they do can be poor.

Don't make a decision based on marketing. Research research research! You have found the right place here. Be willing to travel. Geography should not be part of the decision unless you happen to live close to one of the top surgeons.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Just the name alone is dripping in the trappings of a big marketing machine. Very slick, but don't get sucked in by it. See as many results as possible (in person) and consult with other clinics. Don't let travel dictate who you go to either. Trying to save money on a HT can most certainly cost you more in the long run because if you screw up the first time you'll need to get it fixed.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I watched the programme and was far from impressed from a HT point of view.

The lack of microscope use for a start was a red flag, the two guys who had proceedures didn't seem to be properly informed and we never got to see the final results.

Stick to Doctors recommended on here,all have proven results and pictures and all use microscopes for dissection.

Spend half an hour on here a night for several months and you shouldn't go wrong.

Good luck.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

They suck big time. Ht procedures from the stoneage. They are a plastic surgery factory they do everything but nothing good.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

• 2 years later...

Actually i had a ht with transform in 2010 and had a very good experience with them. I had a surgeon called Don Chantarasak. He didnt pull any punches and told me what to expect from the procedure which left me a little disappointed but id rather be told the truth than filled with a load of bs. This is my first post since signing up and i suppose the reason i have done so is because i am sick of 95% of every post knocking every doctor and company that isn't featured on here. in my opinion there are a lot of good ht surgeons out there even in the UK you people!!!! You can do research till the cows come home but it doesn't guarantee you are going to get a good hair transplant!!! If Transform were sooo bad i can guarantee that Transform would not be operating here in the UK for nearly 40 years!!! Anyways i have had 3 ht in total i have paperwork to prove it. I had a ht done at the hospital group, yes that same one at Dolan Park that no one on here has anything good to say about, and the third was done again by Dr Chantarasak at a private clinic in London. if anyone wants to ask me anything then feel free, after 3 ht i think i have a little experience in this area, id be happy to give some advice on anyone thinking of having a ht in the UK.

Actually i had a ht with transform in 2010 and had a very good experience with them. I had a surgeon called Don Chantarasak. He didnt pull any punches and told me what to expect from the procedure which left me a little disappointed but id rather be told the truth than filled with a load of bs. This is my first post since signing up and i suppose the reason i have done so is because i am sick of 95% of every post knocking every doctor and company that isn't featured on here. in my opinion there are a lot of good ht surgeons out there even in the UK you people!!!! You can do research till the cows come home but it doesn't guarantee you are going to get a good hair transplant!!! If Transform were sooo bad i can guarantee that Transform would not be operating here in the UK for nearly 40 years!!! Anyways i have had 3 ht in total i have paperwork to prove it. I had a ht done at the hospital group, yes that same one at Dolan Park that no one on here has anything good to say about, and the third was done again by Dr Chantarasak at a private clinic in London. if anyone wants to ask me anything then feel free, after 3 ht i think i have a little experience in this area, id be happy to give some advice on anyone thinking of having a ht in the UK.

If you want to prove everyone wrong in regards to the clinics you went to then maybe you should post some before and after pictures, or else you just look like another shill sent by subpar clinics to try and bolster their online reputation.

• 11 months later...

well i think you are the only patient that has recommended transform, i think that speaks for itself really:( i have been thinking of having a transplant for years, my hair used to be down my back and it was my trademark, but when i saw a video of myself at a party i realised that it was thinning on top, so i had the lot shaved off because i didn't want to end up looking like mick fleetwood lol, but in it's shaved state at least i could tell where it was thinning, i have just been trying to look at reviews for uk clinics but tbh there is just to much information on here to trawl through:)

I would 'personally' stay well clear of transform or any other UK mass marketing campaign clinic as through personal research i found there to be no good FUE surgeons within the UK..apart from Dr. jose Lorenzo who was here for just one year and is now back in Madrid anyway. There are tons of other choices: Dr Basinga, Dr Koray Erdogan or even Dr. Lorenzo (my surgeon)...yes you may have to travel outside of the UK but if you want the best results then that shouldnt be a factor. There seems to be everyman and his dog getting onto the hair transplant bandwagon so i would be very weary of any pushy marketing campaigns in UK magazines/tv!!!

just my opinion but i did do lots of research too for 2 years before choosing the right guy for me!

northernslapheadMy Hair Loss WebLog

that you do but id recommend not rushing in and just shortlisting your options. Start with Dr. Jose Lorenzo then Dr Koray Erdogan then onto Dr. Basinga, Dr Bijan Feriduni etc etc and try to find out from here approx costs, any bad experiences and results from patients.

I was ready to go with Dr Erdogan in Istanbul but luckily for me i didnt have to travel that far as Dr. Lorenzo was coming to the Farjo clinic in Manchester (im only 25 miles away!!!) so it fell at a great time for me. I was contemplating going to see him in Madrid at his surgery there but at the time he didnt take many foreign patients. Now i heard he's set up a couple more surgery rooms within his clinic there and is taking foreign patients through Mick at Farjo. maybe give mick a call and he will see you at the farjo clinic and talk you through things without any pressure or sales talk! he's a genuinely decent guy, i can vouch for that and Dr. Lorenzo is as Tina Turner sang...simply the best!!!

BTW guys if you get time please follow my pintrest page on FUE transplants.

FUE hair transplant UK on Pinterest

its there to help us normal guys out here find inspiration and courage/determination to go through with an FUE transplant. theres many celeb pics too of who's had what done, supplements and the like..ill be updating it regularly! Enjoy and please follow the page to support it and keep it running!