15 weeks post op

Today is 15 weeks post op, 1600 grafts FUT. Seeing growth on my hairline, but very little on top, which is bugging me. My g/f says my hair is thicker, my scalp isnt as visible as it was months ago. When I get out of the shower, I see a few very small curly hairs sticking up, thats about all the growth I am seeing. A bit dissapointed, but I know its still early. I have attached some photos, please feel free to comment.

5b32ce2479e58_JuneB.jpg.9d742c15704ae7420cfe511224db6405.jpg

JuneA.jpg.c4aa818237af3a9bf7160b8716342dba.jpg

JuneB.jpg.2f26668654d874ac5ab6c7d93981dc80.jpg

March2.jpg.1d46effb991b3652e84e3ae4368d7fb9.jpg

March.jpg.fda677e90e60f31f42138d13908aeec3.jpg

Edited by Frdtrtnv8

Definately looks thicker to me. And it is very early. 1600 grafts over that area is not going to give an amazing result, so thickening up should be your realistic goal IMO. Good luck.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I havent been updating my progress. Really not much to talk about. Some fine little hairs here and there poking up, not much to get excited about yet. My g.f says my hair looks thicker, I think it does a bit, not enough to say WOW look at this. Its been a very very slow process but its early yet.

Hey, I think we're on the same boat. Im 4 months and a week post op and I noticed my hair looks a little bit thicker too, specially on the front. I dont have any pics now to post as I believe the change is irrelevant but Im giving it more time to try to show the results.

Im not sure if I will have a wow result but positive things will come ahead, same to you.

The first 4 months came in really slow...

If your GF told you that it looks thicker its a good sign

Happy growing

Im at about 17 weeks I don't see anything so far I think that's just standard around this time unless you're one of these very lucky people who are fast growing.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Im at about 17 weeks I don't see anything so far I think that's just standard around this time unless you're one of these very lucky people who are fast growing.

Bonker

How is the shockloss doing? I know it was kinda bothering you..just wondering if its starting to come around?

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Just the same pal the scar is still extremely noticeable. The hair line is still missing a lot of pre op terminal hairs that i had before but the hairline was dense packed with the first cm back containing 800 grafts around my existing hairs so that must be why the hairline is so bad right now. On the good side my top hair that has survived the shockloss is now quite long which covers more area with length.

What we have to remember is getting our hair back to most of us would be a dream come true and is almost too good to be true for the simple reason we're all used to suffering with hairloss like we have done for many years so when you have a ht you're really hopeful at first because you see the new hairs poking out of your head during the first 2 weeks then you lose it and go through the ugly duckling phase which you cope with for a few months then if you're not lucky to be the minority of early growers you're mind goes back to what it knows best which is the negative attitude of it's never gonna happen it's too good to be true.

The key is to understand the mental battle and ignore what's happening to you. I have been dealt the worst scar and top shockloss i have ever seen on any forum i really do mean that but i'm not arsed considering what i'm going through for the simple reason it will not mentally break me.

Now if i was at 8 or 9 months and i was still in the boat i am now then that would be a different story because that is no longer my mind playing tricks on me that is the reality that my ht is failing!!

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

bonker

do you keep ur hair short? that might show more scar than what you would want to.

Shockloss sucks, I looked like 20 yrs older a month after the HT, my hair looked a lot thinner. Good thing is that most of the hair lost to shockloss grew back so Im relieved.

Im just waiting for the grafts to grow.....

hey man I'll be 5 mos post op in a week; my hairdresser has been following my progress since my hair transplant - examining my scalp and told me that at three months she wasn't impressed but now, she says that the entire recipient area the crown shows growth all over pretty much like a day old shave. The hairline though is rather slow to respond. I of course cannot see pretty much anything in the back but I do see that some of the transplanted hairs in the front that did not fall off are about 1 cm or so in length and some are rather curly. She told me she's very impressed and that I should give it more time....meanwhile, my doctor hasn't returned my calls doesn't really want to be bothered and that's rather upsetting. But thank God for my hairdresser; she's a straight arrow...

Wow ejl your doctor sounds like a jerk.

my scar looks good in some areas so I know it's nothing to do with length as it would look the same all the way round if so. If I part the hair around the scar in the bad areas i can see hardly any hairs there. The top pin of every staple made a bit of a mess of my scalp in the high shockloss areas of the scar and is still quite saw now so it must have something to do with that. In fact for some reason all the top pins of every staple formed a red line the full length of my scar to the point I actually thought that was the actual scar where the 2 pieces of scalp meet but it can not be that. Did anyone else have that?

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

No, Bonkerstonker, I didn't have that, (Cool name by the way) though my donor area is still very sensitive, as a coworker slapped me in the back a couple of weeks ago...

a coworker slapped me in the back a couple of weeks ago...

I hate when that happens.... especially so soon after surgery.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Next time you see him knee him in the knackers lol.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

• 4 years later...