PRP results -Dr. Feller

Wow. That is very impressive. I have heard that PRP is snake oil, but it does not appear to be here. Is she using any other treatment?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Nope. Not on any medication.

The lighting is exactly the same. Same camera, same chair, same position, same place in the office. The only change is the amount of hair in each picture.

At the time of the before photo we could not create a central part. You can see by the comb marks that we tried, but there simply wasn't enough volume. However, in the after photo not only is there a well defined center part, but the area around the part is comensurately darker. Only one thing can do this and that's regrowth of hair or thickening of miniturized hairs or both.

When Propecia was being studied for FDA approval this same method of center parting before and after a period of time was utilized. Conclusive results no doubt. But better than that, the patient was thrilled with her improvment.

Edited by Dr. Alan Feller

That is a fantastic result! This could be a great treatment plan for a lot of our female patients who are difficult to transplant because of donor availability. She must be thrilled. Great job Feller.

Thank you Dr. Alexander.

In fact my initial interest in PRP was based on the ability to offer a useful and practical treatment for patients who were not candiates for HT, ie: most woman and young men who are just beginning the miniturization process. Hope all is well with you and your practice out there in Arizona.

TC,

I have to agree with you. I'm a massive skeptic about everything in general, but some of these PRP results are quite impressive. This one is about as clear cut as you get and she is truly over the moon with it. She said her hair stylist noticed the obvious improvement without knowing she received PRP treatment; and that kind of confirmation is priceless.

Worried,

I doubt it works on everyone. However, I have not had ANY negative feedback as of yet. Similar to Propecia, most patients who've received PRP treatment say they notice a decrease in shedding. And these are patients who are VERY attentive to their hairloss.

I'm in the process of buying an HD video camera and the proper lighting for my office so I will start to take video of before and after PRP patients and post them as I go along. By the way, if anyone has any suggestions on video cameras please respond.

Thanks for all the participation, and let's all remember to keep it real and not allow PRP to become "hyped" as FUE and trichophylic closure have been. It should still be considered experimental for the hair world. But so far, so good.

Dr. Feller

Edited by Dr. Alan Feller

The lighting looks different because the back of the chair takes up more space in the after picture. Having been to Dr. F's office and sitting in that chair I can attest that he uses the same setting for his pics.

Dr. F., that looks like a very nice growth; she must be thrilled!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Dr. Feller,

Thank you for the prompt answer. I must say that above pictures are really impressive. I think I might be a good candidate for PRP as I am still Norwood 2 or 2.5. PRP can potentially be a very good alternative for people like me who have been a victim of Finasterides side effects. I am even skeptical of using Rogain. I wish I was living close to NY. I would definitely have stopped by your office to have this procedure done.

The lighting looks different because the back of the chair takes up more space in the after picture. Having been to Dr. F's office and sitting in that chair I can attest that he uses the same setting for his pics.

I was thinking the same. That and the fact that she has more hair now make the second photo look darker. Less visible scalp.

Looks like a very worthwhile result already. It'll be interesting to see if the second treatment can produce a second wave of improvement.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

This is a major difference in thickness. Do these treatments have to continue to keep the hair growth or will the hair fall out if treatment is stopped?

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Dr feller thanks for that post, i think we're all skeptical about prp and acell and i'm sure you will get more doubters about this thread but at the end of the day as you have said a few times before you are skeptical your self with it's effect on men with a mpb so there would be no point in postining dodgey pictures. I look forward to more posts involving prp from you but i highly doubt it will help men much in the future.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

I have to say I'm a little skeptical because the hair is parted differently in the two photos and appears to be more damp in the after photo. If there is new growth, it shouldn't be as long as the existing hair.

I don't know anything about PRP so I'm going to do some research. If it turns out to be the "real deal" and is less expensive than a hair transplant, I may consider it myself.

Guest Ian512017155

Dr. F

Does the patient need to take maintenance treatments over his or her life time to maintain the results?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...