Dermatch or Toppik best for hairline?

Just wondering which product is the best for the hairline... Dermatch or Toppik or Nanogen?

I have been receding for a couple of years but only at the temples and hairline. I have been taking propecia for about 8 months and using Nizoral once a week.

I've never considered using these products before so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rob :)

Edited by Robzilla316

• 2 weeks later...

I think the answer might depend on your individual situation and also how dark your hair is. Dermatch basically colors your scalp so if you have darker thicker hair at the hairline it will likely look pretty good.

If you hair is lighter or thinner up front my personal experience is the fibers look much better as they add a more dense look. I have used both and currently use a fibers product. My hair transplants are finally pretty thick up front but with the fibers my hair line looks flawlessly natural.

I had to experiment with so many things to find what works for me and can tell you it's well worth the extra $20-30 to test both alternatives and find out what looks best.

It's harder to use concealer on the hairline than on the top, especially if your hairline is pretty receded. I'm at around a NW IIIv and I can kind of lower my hairline to around a NWII with nanogen. I have some wispy hair there and the fibers kind of fall below it making it look thicker. It takes some work though to make it look somewhat natural.

• 3 weeks later...

Nanogen/Toppik fibres work far better IMO around the hair line compared to Dermatch.

Dermatch is rather messy and sometimes obvious at the hair line.

I did try the Nanogen Aquamatch which was pretty good but became to high maintenance for me.

Mike.

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

• 4 weeks later...

You can use a combination.

Get a shade of Dermmatch that's just a tad lighter than your hair--mix two colors even--and then fill in your hairline where there's existing hair. This will create a soft shadow on your scalp.

Then, sprinkle the Toppik on, using the hairline optimizer tool, and spray with the locking mist or hairspray to set.

If you want to take it one step further, you can get a bronzer (sans glitter please!) and brush it on around your hairline afterwards--just don't go too far down onto your forehead. That's really the icing on the cake when I do hair for shows and shoots.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree a combo wof dermatch and nanogen/ hair fibres can be best. Less is more is the key, don't over do it, but but think of using the dermatch to kind of bold underline the hairline as poosed to create a lower one if you get what I mean.

I find using a good hair thickening shampoo makes the effect even better, reserve for when you need to look you best.

I would reccomend thicker fuller hair shampoo and and also nanogens daily volume works great

:)2250 Strip Dr Feller

:)1900 Strip Dr Feller

-----------------------------------

2 Great HT's & Experiences

-----------------------------------