Need advice and/or recommendation.

Hello everyone and thank you for a great forum. It is very educational and has helped me to actually consider HT.

I'm 35 years old and consider myself having a class 3 pattern. By reading the forum I believe that FUE is the method I would like to use since it doesn't leave a long scar on the donor area.

I have emailed my pictures to a few doctors and they have all recommended grafts in the 2500-3000 area in one session.

I'm thinking about doing the procedure in Iran. I have contacted doctor Ali Vafaei.

I would very much appreciate doctor recommendations if anyone has performed the surgical procedure in Iran.

Thank you in advance.

Sonny

A HT is a highly skilled cosmetic procedure that can go wrong if not done by a talented surgeon. In my opinion, I wouldn't recommend going to Iran if you haven't seen this doctor's results on patients. There are a few surgeons in the Middle East region that you can consider.

Do your research. Don't rush. Take meds

Thank you for your reply. This doctor in Iran has a site with numbers to his patients around the world. He said that I could contact them and find out for myself if they're happy with the results.

I do use Rogaine and I have for years but my hair is thinning specially the sides so after thinking about HT I finally decided to go ahead with it but I need to find good doctors and contact them.

If it is true that you nedd 2500-3000 follicular units in a single session and your sides are thinning you may want to reconsider FUE vs. FUT. Some hair restoration physicians might tell you that FUT would be better suited for a patient in your situation. I am not saying that this is what you should do, but taking some extra time to make your decision might be a good idea. Why Iran? Do you live there or near there?

Hello and thank you for your reply.

I'm originally from Iran but live in Sweden since many years back. The operation here in Sweden is very expensive and I have heard that there are very good, experienced doctors in Iran who will perform the procedure just as good but more within the budget. I do however understand that this is a delicate operation and my main concern is not the cost but the end result.

I also would prefer a method that leaves very little or no visible scars in case you have short hair.

I'm very confused about the different methods, FUE versus STRIP. I have heard that STRIP gives a better overall quality and the session results in more hair but it leaves you with a scar. FUE is more expensive but it heals faster and leaves no scar behind.

Very confusing as to which method should be used. Some doctors recommend a combination of both.

Would appreciate it if you could shed some light on this matter.

I have heard that there are other very competent doctors in the middle east. I was thinking about a trip to Iran and maybe to do the procedure while there but my main and absolute concern is the end result.

Thank you.

We wish you luck with your search, so long as you see some results before you go ahead, it will be interesting for this forum to know how you get on.

But seeing as travel doesn't seem to be an issue for you, there are loads of approved surgeons on this site you might want to consider as well, including in Europe.