New Policy active 2 weeks from now

***UPDATE... Just added my 12 month post op results***

So i just found out the other day. I come into work with my hat that iv worn for nearly 7 years on the job. No one in the room yet cause its early and my boss tells me "what are you gonna do with the hat 2 weeks from now"? I was like what do you mean? He tells me that a new policy will take effect where no more hats will be allowed to be worn. So i was kinda shocked and not knowing what to say i just blurted out "guess ill get a hair cut".

OK, so heres the deal. I guess you can say that I'm kinda worried because iv always worn my hat to work, however, and on a positive note the little man inside me feels a fraction confident because my results after my second transplant is finally starting to show fuller and thicker. Its 4 more days till my 1 year anniversary since my second transplant. I can tell ya that's its been kinda rough the first 10 months but now that the results are finally coming through, i feel more confident.

I have mixed emotions at this point cause in a sense, I'm kind of glad that i can stop wearing the hat but a bit nervous of what people might think. I know, i know, its stupid to be concerned as to what others think about my hair but i know im gonna get the wise crack comments. Will probably last for a little while considering 7 years of hat wearing.

Just so you can see what the results looks like to date.... I still have ~6 more months of thickening (months 1-12 click here). This new policy can go both ways.. It can either be a godsend or a disaster. Lets hope for the best right?

Edited by trooper
updated pics added

You prolly should have waited til the 19th to post this if you are gonna keep everybody in suspense ;)

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

trooper, I know what you mean. I too where my hat to work & always have. Even though I had a successful HT for a NW6/7. Without my hat, I still like to be in control of how my hair/scap appears in certain lighting. By that I mean no direct overhead lights or sunlight. Office flourecent lighting can be brutle.

To not have the hat option can be a scary thought. It's just the first intial shock responses that might be difficult. Especially if u work with wise guys!

After that I'm sure you will be relieved to go without the hat after 7 years.

Thats why you went through all of this anyway right?

Anyway, your hair looks good especially from the front & if asked why you wore a hat all this time just say you didn't like messing with it in the morning!

Good luck,

Atomic

Thanx Atomic.... So many variations play a roll in how the hair looks. From one mirror to another, you can look your best and seemingly, your worst. It really changes the mood of the day. Non the less, I just posted current pictures in my blog via my 1 year anniversary. Check it out Hair Restoration Site for Trooper . Id like to hear peoples 2 cents. Id also like to hear suggestions on specific areas to be worked on for my next transplant. Thanx in advance.

I'd like to see a dry from the top...

You can not tell that you have haad a transplant. That said...if looks like pretty poor results to me. The hailine looks like it was the only thing that took. Are you happy with your results? Are you concerned about yield?

I don't mean to be debbie downer...but I probably would have had higher expecations.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I'd like to see a dry from the top...

You can not tell that you have haad a transplant. That said...if looks like pretty poor results to me. The hailine looks like it was the only thing that took. Are you happy with your results? Are you concerned about yield?

I don't mean to be debbie downer...but I probably would have had higher expecations.

Hmmm. You got me thinking now. Maybe your right. Im just focusing on the front view which looks fine. I did take the previous pictures with wet hair and a wax paste called FX Dirt (which was recommended on this site by a poster). Here are pictures of me in the morning. Also... I let my hair grow pretty long. Hair is about 3.5 inches long.

Now that im analyzing my before and after pics, there's only growth in the front and nothing really mid-way. There was ~2000 grafts put into place in the frontal to mid area. Mind you this is my second transplant from 7 years ago so in total i should have ~4000 grafts. Nothing was done in the mid to rear area. Should i consider the transplant a failure? I'm not sure what my next course of action should be. Do i go back to the doctor, Wait the 6 months or find another doctor?

P1010156copy.jpg

P1010157.jpg

P1010156.jpg

P1010154.jpg

P1010164.jpg

Well, this is a Feller HT from what your profile says. I think he is a good doc, I doubt his protocol is bad so I would trust him again. You are at your year mark so I definately think that you should contact him. I probably would not say it is a failure, but would definately say that you have had less than optimal results. I would go in and see the doc. I know that this conversation is a little off topic. I was suprised tho when I looked at your before and afters. Especially given your curly hair.

View Spanker's Website

Well, this is a Feller HT from what your profile says. I think he is a good doc, I doubt his protocol is bad so I would trust him again. You are at your year mark so I definately think that you should contact him. I probably would not say it is a failure, but would definately say that you have had less than optimal results. I would go in and see the doc. I know that this conversation is a little off topic. I was suprised tho when I looked at your before and afters. Especially given your curly hair.

This is certainly not the correct topic thread to discuss this as i was aiming for a different category of responses so ill start a new thread to discuss this particular issue. Feel free to chime in. I respect your honesty. Thanx

Mate you didn't use enough grafts! 2000 over that space with that amount of loss was not worth doing really. With regards to your hat you best start using toppik if you're nervous around people but you can't tell you've had a ht you just look like your hair is thinning little do people know you're not thinning it's growing lol.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk