Propecia question... Any And All Who Are Using It!

Haven't posted here for a while, since I've been busy with work (trying to save for a future transplant). So, just wanted to say "hi", to all those who recognize me. I'm now in my 11th month of Propecia and it's going great. Have definitely regrown hair. Although it's not quite where I'd like it to be. Just curious as to when most of the regrowth occurs? Also, when can I expect to see the regrowth phase stop? Will I still see some more regrowth? Thanks guys for all your help!

Cheers,

danger

Haven't posted here for a while, since I've been busy with work (trying to save for a future transplant). So, just wanted to say "hi", to all those who recognize me. I'm now in my 11th month of Propecia and it's going great. Have definitely regrown hair. Although it's not quite where I'd like it to be. Just curious as to when most of the regrowth occurs? Also, when can I expect to see the regrowth phase stop? Will I still see some more regrowth? Thanks guys for all your help!

Cheers,

danger

danger:

I got moderate regrowth at about 3-4 months. After that, no more regrowth that I can notice but no hair loss either.

Possibly, my existing hairs thickened some. Hard to tell because my hair is longer now.

I got some regrowth on the crown. It didn't fill it in entirely, though. But it is thicker and easy to conceal with the rest of the hair. I find it when I specifically look for it.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

-- If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

-- The truth only matters if you know about it.

I've been on it for 6 months. I started to get nervous when a lot of guys talked about shedding with propecia but i didn't get any of that. Now when I look at some of my existing hairs (pre-HT hairs) they are clearly thicker at the bottom, meaning, I suppose, that the propecia is strengthening them. It is hard to say whether the propecia is actually growing new hair b/c the HT I had 3 months ago is starting to sprout. thank GOD.

So for me.....propecia has been the right thing to do.

Propecia/Proscar 6 years

Works great from about frontal forelock back to the crown. It filled in this area. The hairs in this area look very healthy and grow rapidly. When I wash my hair in the shower I count maybe 10 hairs in the drain. Didn't really help with regrowth in the front/hairline however. Its funny, on my scalp there is a definite line at the frontal forelock where hair is thinning and right behind is thick, healthy hair. No side affects by the way.

I've been on Propecia for five and a half years. It took 3 months to kick in and start growing some hair, and I had the best regrowth at 12 months. Then it stabalized and stayed the same for another year and a half, at which time I started using Rogaine along with it -- big mistake! After six months of Rogaine, I lost most of the hair that I had regrown with Propecia. I quit the Rogaine, but unfortunately not much of the hair I lost came back. However, the Propecia has maintained the hair I have ever since. After five and a half years, I have the same amount of hair as I did when I first started it, although I have some extra hair in the front hairline.

FreakyD, I noticed the same reaction to Rogaine as you. My hair began to severly thin out. I stopped using it after a couple of months and all that fell out returned. My experience of combining Proscar and Rogaine was not good.

I first tried rogaine way back when it was 2% and prescription only. I used it for a year, and whereever I applied it, the hair thinned out. I finally quit using it after one year, and I lost more hair in that year than ever before. After using Propecia for 21/2 years, I tried rogaine 5% (but only applied it at night) hoping that the propecia would make the Rogaine work, but nope -- I lost all my new Propecia hairs in six months.

When I started Propecia, I took photos of my hairline and crown once a month, and it was the fourth month when my crown started to fill in.

I've been on Propecia and Xtra strength Rogain for a little over 5 yrs now and things have been great. Every 9 months or so, I'll have some shedding which I stopp the propecia for 1 week and restart giving my a system a "shock". This seems to work because the small shedding stops for another 9 months or so. I would highly recommend the combo to any HT patients wanting to limit additional/future hairloss.