Potential Recommendation for Dr. Carlos Wesley of New York, New York

I have been seeing this guy for a year now. It is fair to mention that i did not have a Hair Transplant surgery with this doctor, so i cannot mention any results, however i did a PRP session and have seen him 4 times till now.

I would go somewhere else if i wanted a hair transplant because:

1) He is not consistent with what he tells you, and seems to always have an excuse as why he cannot get you more hair within the enormous price that you will have to pay for surgery. He changed his opinion 2 times when we talked about the way he would do surgery on my scalp, leaving me confused and very insecure.

2) He does not use any of the latest methods, such as Robotic FUE nor NeoGraft, still charges premium and does not guarantee a full coverage with hair of the desired area. He is in fact very against those methods, but does not give convincing explanations as to why. Thus, all other Elite Doctors using those methods are wrong? :confused:

3) He and his Team need to work on his ethics:

A. I had PRP with him, and i got stabbed 5+ times by him AND his nurses because my vein couldn't be found. He knew my medical history before that, and measures should have been taken to have an anesthesiologist ready at the site of the surgery. I had signs on both of my arms for 2 weeks and had to cover them in order not to look like a drug addict. Later, I was informed that if i wanted to do another PRP or the actual surgery i had to pay an extra $250 on top of the actual enormous cost just because my veins could not be found

Wow, Seriously???? :eek::eek:

B) I am a hairy guy, I know- however making fun of a patient because of his body is not nice, and definitely disrespectful to say the least. I washed it off with a smile at the day of the PRP surgery, however it still hurts when i think about it.

4) Not all PRP surgeries are done the same way, and when i found out that the way it was done on my case, was not Happy at all! It was rushed to say the least, and not all steps were followed, thus potentially affecting the results.

This is my opinion and I would encourage everyone to research carefully and definitely have at least one second opinion.

I have been seeing this guy for a year now. It is fair to mention that i did not have a Hair Transplant surgery with this doctor, so i cannot mention any results, however i did a PRP session and have seen him 4 times till now.

I would go somewhere else if i wanted a hair transplant because:

1) He is not consistent with what he tells you, and seems to always have an excuse as why he cannot get you more hair within the enormous price that you will have to pay for surgery. He changed his opinion 2 times when we talked about the way he would do surgery on my scalp, leaving me confused and very insecure.

2) He does not use any of the latest methods, such as Robotic FUE nor NeoGraft, still charges premium and does not guarantee a full coverage with hair of the desired area. He is in fact very against those methods, but does not give convincing explanations as to why. Thus, all other Elite Doctors using those methods are wrong? :confused:

A. I had PRP with him, and i got stabbed 5+ times by him AND his nurses because my vein couldn't be found. He knew my medical history before that, and measures should have been taken to have an anesthesiologist ready at the site of the surgery. I had signs on both of my arms for 2 weeks and had to cover them in order not to look like a drug addict. Later, I was informed that if i wanted to do another PRP or the actual surgery i had to pay an extra $250 on top of the actual enormous cost just because my veins could not be found

Wow, Seriously???? :eek::eek:

B) I am a hairy guy, I know- however making fun of a patient because of his body is not nice, and definitely disrespectful to say the least. I washed it off with a smile at the day of the PRP surgery, however it still hurts when i think about it.

4) Not all PRP surgeries are done the same way, and when i found out that the way it was done on my case, was not Happy at all! It was rushed to say the least, and not all steps were followed, thus potentially affecting the results.

This is my opinion and I would encourage everyone to research carefully and definitely have at least one second opinion.

You seem frustrated that Dr. W is giving you honest answers that you don't want to hear. The fact he is not guaranteeing you coverage is called being responsible and forthright. You should appreciate this brand of honesty when its entirely absent in so many doctors.

I'm sure youre understandably frustrated with hair loss as the rest of us are, but to say you wouldn't recommend a doctor for an HT that you havent yourself had an HT with or seen pictures of is unfair. You're entitled to take issue with bedside manner, of course.

opinion.

Well, u should go to Bosley then, they use both ARTAS and Neografts technology.

In all seriousness, I struggle with the comments above. I consulted with Wesley, and though he was the nicest, most honest, and definitely seemed nothing less than a ethical surgeon. I thought him and his staff conducted themselves in the most utmost of professionalism. I chose not to go with him, but if he can start cranking out mega-sessions then I think in 5-10 years he could compete the big boys such as Shapiro, Rahal, and Hasson.

You seem frustrated that Dr. W is giving you honest answers that you don't want to hear. The fact he is not guaranteeing you coverage is called being responsible and forthright. You should appreciate this brand of honesty when its entirely absent in so many doctors.

I'm sure you're understandably frustrated with hair loss as the rest of us are, but to say you wouldn't recommend a doctor for an HT that you havent yourself had an HT with or seen pictures of is unfair. You're entitled to take issue with bedside manner, of course.

Esrec, i thank you for your comment. I am frustrated with hair loss, as i think everyone on this website is, however i do not think that not guaranteeing full coverage automatically entitles you honesty. It can actually mean the opposite some times...