how many grafts do i need

hello guys

first of all i want to congratulate all of u , for this super helpful site. guys i want u to c my pics and tell me how many grafts i will need. and plss tell me what kind of procedure shall i undergo

thanks a lot

note- i jus need confidence, as i am really low on it since last 10yr of this bald head

i started loosing hair when i was 18 and now i am 32. i have not used any kind of medication to fix it til now

bald1.jpg.968acdd4a9e4ea7fa7a43b0b8ee85dad.jpg

bald2.jpg.df73442ce102e68fb76590570cbc4c31.jpg

I'd say 3,000-4,000 grafts to address the frontal third, hairline, and crown.

Get a lot of opinions, consider medication and do a lot of research. Good luck bro.

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

:( and i thought i needed jus 2k grafts as i had lost most of hair from temples..too bad i will have to wait for HT for some more time , as need to save more money..

till that time what do u guys recommend i should do,,i was thinking of buying Rogain hair foam

and thanks a lot for both of u, for ur opinion

Neo,

I think you should utilize our hair loss learning center graft calculator to understand the type of coverage you're looking for and the number of grafts you'd need to obtain this. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Neo,

I think you should utilize our hair loss learning center graft calculator to understand the type of coverage you're looking for and the number of grafts you'd need to obtain this. Good luck!

thanks a lot sir...i jus calculated to 2200 grafts, it seems i dont need to wait for that long now :)

i have already contacted Dr madhu, will try to visit him ASAP

you are a great candidate for Propecia, could keep a lot of your hair in bridge/vertex and I would expect some regrowth as well...hopefully you will consider this

a frontal session of about 2500 seems likely depending on the doctor's hairline design/placement. Good luck*

VP Patient & Media Relations for The Hair Loss Doctors by Robert J. Dorin 

Neo,

Blake,

I have my doubts about the accuracy of the graft calculator. Each time I enter the same data it gives me different estimates! It typically varies from 350-550 grafts each time.

Neo,

For your case, I entered in zone #1,2,3 and 6 at a Apearance of Fullness density... It estimated 4,250 grafts. When I did the same thing without zone #3, it estimated 2,400 grafts.

Regardless, I still think you'll need at least 3,000!

When I used the graft calculator to estimate what I would need for myself, it still says that I need 1,300-1,500 to get the Appearance of Fullness. However, I already did 1,700 in my first HT and I'm going to have to go back for another 1,700 to get anything close to an appearance of fullness.

Thus, please consider that the graft calculator is extremely conservative.

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

corvettester,

The graft calculator is just a tool and isn't designed to replace the assessment of a quality physician. However, if you are getting different graft estimates every time you use it, it's because you've altered one oof the many variables you get to select while using this program. If all the options you select are exactly the same each time, you will always get the same results. If you change one of the options, the results will vary. That's why this calculator is an effective tool, though not a replacement for an assessment provided by a quality physician.

Best wishes,

Bill

Blake,

Thus, please consider that the graft calculator is extremely conservative.

Corvettester

thanks mate point taken..BTW i have already emailed the only indian Dr recommended here(dr madhu) with lots of my pics.so maybe i will get a better estimate soon..

if the estimate comes close to my budget i will go through a HT , with dr madhu in AUG..keeping my fingers crossed :)

Corvette,

Bill essentially beat me to the punch; the graft calculator is a tool that helps you comprehend a rough estimate/general idea of your expectations and the amount of grafts necessary to achieve this. I think it's definitely something to utilize and the information you gain by using it can be quite useful during a hair transplant consultation/planning session with your surgeon.

However, we're always looking for new ideas/updates to improve our hair loss learning center, so if you do have suggestions on improving the accuracy of the graft calculator (or a different estimation method), please feel free to share!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.