A little bit over 5 Months, Dr. Rahal

Hi all, thought I’d share my progress from my surgery with Dr. Rahal on November 23rd 2010. I’m very happy with the progress, for the last two months I’ve given up the cap and I can say for the last two weeks I have been able to style my hair and be comfortable when going out and not think about it. Seems I have almost forgot about the doldrum phase, I did obsess on the donor area/shock loss and I still do a bit, but it’s getting better with the exception of small spots in the back not showing signs of growth. Still a bit of cap hair in the back since I can’t really go too short due to these spots and the new growing hair’s need to catch up. As far as recipient shock loss, I don’t think I suffered anything major, a testament to Dr. Rahall skills beyond the actual results you can see. Numbness is all gone. Now it’s just a waiting game to see the new hair mature and grow to the same length as the hair that was left before… You can check my blog to see where I started from. I will be updating it with all the pictures I took form month to month in the doldrum phase and exiting it around 3.5 months…

Attached pics with and without flash.

Hair Restoration Site for KFlynn

DSC_9799.jpg.a92703c10a7b2505119a75dd742f61c4.jpg

DSC_9800.jpg.2c750bc94e68abf1ca261b7fbe1be466.jpg

DSC_9801.jpg.416b3fdb77a070935864e82a523c7531.jpg

DSC_9802.jpg.783bd044a99110310b3ba21d839c8cd7.jpg

DSC_9803.jpg.2ac513720271c5ce271379d0e64e522d.jpg

DSC_9804.jpg.b4aba5b1e83e8aa4d1c8b59c6f699eae.jpg

DSC_9805.jpg.6aa4249494c95b6aeda55d9a3ec3b94e.jpg

DSC_9806.jpg.4060d0fb8535b98874dbc37c3fbb7190.jpg

Edited by KFlynn

5 months only!!! wow. Fast growth really, I guess its because of Dr. Rahal's magical touch. Looks absolutely flawless.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

All I can say about my case is that I have been religious with applying Minoxidil, and since I work from home, it was easy for me to let stay on my scalp without having to wash it out for styling. I also took MSN every day (3000mg), Multi-Vitamin and Omega-3... the rest is genetics... and good to know for once it's not playing against me!

Just updated my blog also with the journey up to now...

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1890

Edited by KFlynn

KFlynn,

Wow! That's some superhuman growth you had there! Congratulations!

Just imagine what it will look like 7 months from now.

Happy Growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Looking good. Only 5 months. It should only get better.

Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealth you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.

Jawaharal Nehru

Hi Atomic,

The pics in this post where all taken a bit later than the 5 month mark from my surgery with Dr. Rahal in Nov 2010, thus they are all after pics a diff angles.

First four are without flash on the camera, last four are with flash on the camera.

If you want the detailed progress from the start, check my blog, it has the fulll history from the start and may help you get a better sens of where I started.

Hair Restoration Site for KFlynn

Let me know if you have questions.

KFlynn