female wanting to restore sideburns following facelift

Hi all

I'm new here. I'm looking for female faceliftees who have experience of HT to restore sideburns after a bad facelift.

I would like recommendations from PATIENTS please, and not surgeons.

I would like feedback on what the donor area looks like after - as I really want to wear my hair up/back again so don't want a thinned out donor area that just creates another problem.

If there's anyone who had a bad experience i'd also like to know - failed HT, scarring ,etc. I need to decide whether it's worth the risk.

I'm in UK but will travel to US (if ht is anything like cosmetic surgery in UK, it's best to steer well clear)

Here's hoping for feedback from ladies

Check out Dr. Farjo in Manchester, he is good. He has a female Doc with him too Dr. Nilofar Farjo I believe, Check them out.

Arthur House, Chorlton Street

Manchester

United Kingdom

M1 3FH

Their consultaion office is in London if ever you were from the south..

130 Harley Street

London

United Kingdom

W1G 7JU

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I'm not sure if this helps but I know that Dr Bisanga (at the BHR Clinic in Belgium) has lots of practice in facial procedures (beard and eyebrow hair transplants). He's not a HRN coalition member, but he is very well respected here regardless.

The problem with the Farjo clinic is that, to the best of my knowledge, they only perform strip (FUT) surgery. This may be overkill when only a minor number of grafts will be needed to cover scarring.

Can I ask which UK surgeon performed your facelift? Was he BAAPS-registered?

Thanks for your comment, I'm steering clear of UK after my experience.

I will check out Bisanga thanks.

I'd love to tell you who the surgeon was - i don't know if there is a private messaging facility on here so I can tell you?

Yes unbelievably he is BAAPS, which means nothing, it's just an old boys' club.

Other surgeons have described what he has done to me as 'awful work', 'mistakes a trainee would make', and so on.

The worst part is, i did my research and he had the right credentials.

Just sent you a PM. Good luck in your search.

Re: BAAPS. It's a shame that despite it being a good idea in practice - especially when you consider how many bad surgeons there are in the UK, it hardly equates to a full-on regulatory body and, unfortunately, is not a 100% guarantee that the surgeon will do a great job. With this in mind, I can understand why you'd want to give the UK a wide berth when it comes to further elective surgery.

My initial research indicates that i need 500 grafts to each side to restore the sideburns carelessly removed during a facelift- at a cost of approc 10,000 USD.

That's more than the bad facelift cost.

So let this be a stark warning to anyone: steer clear of London face lift surgeons.

Can anyone advise me on what to look for in photos - ie in terms of whether they are touched up? i'VE seen a few great pictures and when i've asked friends to look at them, they've said the pics are obviously photoshopped.

I'm wary as it is, given the situation I'm in.

• 3 months later...

That price seems a bit high, $10 per graft. Since you are in the UK you should go see the Farjo Medical Clinic and get a second opinion. You can also talk to Spex who represents Dr. Feller.

Good for you for researching before making a decison.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• 1 year later...

I am in the same position as SarjeMarais and have lost all my sideburns and hair behind my ears following a dreadful facelift with a surgeon in England four years ago who mangled my ears and left me with dreadful scarring all round my ears and total loss of hair above and in front and behind

Have had a revision lift and now want my sideburns restoring.

There are very few pictures on the Internet of femail sideburn restoration.

Dr. Konior has a brilliant result with problem areas like mine, I was thinking of going to see him.

I cannot find anyone who has had an actual sideburn transplant either.

Liz,

By default, private messaging is disabled for all new members until a moderator has a chance to review new accounts. This prevents spammers from being able to mass email and spam all of our members through private messaging. I've gone ahead and enabled private messaging for your account.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Bill

Thank you. I have also looked at Dr. Scott F. Alexander, the patient he has treated is very similar to the hair loss suffered by myself and his result is marvellous. I also look like the same hair type as well.

Think I will have to travel to either Illinois for Dr. Konior or Arizona for Dr. Alexander.

I have seen two results for female sideburn transplants in the UK and they are not good.