Best FUE surgeons ?

superice

Super,

I suggest reviewing our recommended hair transplant surgeons. Many of these physicians perform FUE (follicular unit extraction) and several are highly noted for their work and advancements in the field. I'm not sure where you're located, but in the U.S., usually Dr. Feller, Dr. Shapiro, and Dr. Harris are mentioned as especially well versed in FUE. If not, let me know where you're at and if you're willing to travel and I can make some more precise recommendations.

Good luck.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi Future,

Thanks for your reply, I am currently located in Saudi Arabia.

I noticed when I reviewed the recommended hair transplant surgeons link that there were only 3 surgeons in Asia, and when I contacted them they said that they prefered the FUT method.

Most of the remaining surgeons on the list are from the United States and Canada with several being from Europe as well.

I did not however see on the list any other surgeons who operate in Asia like Dr. Hussain or Dr. Kesser or Dr. ****** or Dr. Armani ect. who are known for FUE surgeries as well

Regards

Superice,

The surgeons you mentioned are not recommended by our community. While we do recommend various, reputable FUE (follicular unit extraction) surgeons, it does appear that, in your case, some travel may be required. Is there any surgeon you are particularly interested in? It may be worth while to contact a consultant at said clinic, undergo an online evaluation, and discuss how the clinic handles patients who travel a significant distance for hair restoration surgery.

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Future,

Can you please kindly suggest a few of the best & well known surgeons who are skilled & experienced in FUE taking into account also their assistants and nurses regardless of location & cost

Thanks

I would consider Dr Bisanga from BHR. His FUE work is amongst the best in the world. He is based in Brussels.

-----------------------------------------

2425 FUE - Dr Armani - Nov 2007 (poor result)

1000 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - March 25th 2010 (great result)

1599 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - Feb 3rd 2011

My Hair Loss Website

Salam Superice,

Well my recommendation for FUE, I would say in order..

1) Dr. Rahal from Ottawa, Canada

2) Dr. Bisanga from Brussles, Belgium

3) Dr. Shapiro from Minnesota, USA

4) Dr. Feller from NYC, USA

5) Dr. Keser from Ankara, Turkey

These are my five trusted doctors of FUE IMHO.

Edited by HARIRI

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Harari,

Can you link us to Dr Rahals FUE database of results? I could not find 1 result! You are aware FUE is very different to strip ?!

Also i can only find 3 FUE results by SMG after over 3 years of performing FUE...... What is making them the best in the world at FUE in your opinion?

I am a 2 time Dr Feller patient and in researching FUE have not seen as many FUE results grown out provided by any other Dr then him.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/141551-dr-feller-various-fue-results.html

He is without question one of the BEST FUE surgeons around today.

Skinnyshaft

Yeah Anouar, I do agree, its funny that they are both located in Belgium, But yeah Dr. Bisanga, he is toooo famous but not recommended here unfortunately. I have seen a lot of amazing FUE works he had done. I forgot to mention him.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Belguim sounds interesting since its close to me but I have issues paying with Euros versus the dollar. Already gas here (if not converted through the base system) will cost 110 dollars to fill up a tank.

Super,

If you'd like to travel to Europe, I highly recommend considering Dr. Feriduni. His follicular unit extraction work is top-notch, and the mega-session results coming from his clinic lately are really raising the bar for FUE procedures.

spex, with all due respect, I don't think the "marbles analogy" is accurate. If you remove a row of marbles from a grid of marbles, even if the remaining marbles fall in line seamlessly, somewhere within that grid will be a row completely missing. To make the grid full again, you would have to add an additional row. Like Dr. Lindsey has done before, I prefer to think of hair as trees. If you analogize hair to trees, removing a linear row of trees would be more noticeable from a birds eye view than would removing an irregular pattern of trees throughout an area of the forest.

I'm certainly not saying that FUE is superior to strip, but I do think that philosophically, it can/should be used for more than small sessions and as more than simply an adjunct to strip. Understanding and recognizing the technical limitations of FUE is step one, and fortunately, because of this forum most people without a dog in this fight are rational enough to do just that. The next step is deciding whether an individual patient is better suited for strip or FUE. That inquiry requires looking into a myriad of factors and coming to a conclusion based upon the individual circumstances and preferences of the patient.

Far too often we hear that strip is the way to go for those that are extensively bald, but I don't believe that's the case. Granted, you can get the most amount of grafts by combining strip with FUE, but so what! For many people, perhaps myself included, even combining strip and FUE might not yield enough grafts to make one satisfied. If I go to a NW 6 level and cannot get coverage of 35 grafts per cm2 throughout the balding area, I'd rather have 3,000 FUE grafts spread throughout my frontal 1/3rd to 1/2 of my head and buzz down to a #1 or #2. That way, I wouldn't have to worry about keeping my hair at least a #3 and creatively style what is left to maintain an illusion of density.

Again, I'm not trying to turn this into FUE v. Strip, nor am I saying that one is "better" than the other. I'm just saying that I do not agree with the philosophy that (appears) prevalent on this forum regarding FUE's "place" in the scheme of hair transplantation.

Good Day all, thank you for your great replies

As I was going through the list of recommended surgeons, I think that a list of the absolute best FUE surgeons should most likely include:

- Dr. Robert Bernstein

- Dr. Paul Rose

- Dr. Paul McAndrews

- Dr. William Rassman "his name is not Bill Rassman as incorrectly reffered to in this site"

- Dr. Bijan Feriduni

What do you all think ?

Best Regards

• 1 year later...

like the shapiro video shows, the young man was only 28 and had an excellent existing hairline, the FUE procedure involved a limited number of grafts strictly to bolster the already well existing hairline, therefore don't assume that the FUE method is the best procedure for you, its always dependent on your own specific degree of hair loss, what you're trying to achieve, etc.

I would definitely recommend a consult with Shapiro Medical Group based on my own personal experience. The other clinics mentioned in these posts also have excellent reputations. Good luck with your search.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1