Two FUT sessions with excellent result!

This patient is 26 years old.

His father also began to lose his hair very young.

The first hair transplant was performed on 2008.

We reached 3190 grafts for 7447 hair (599 FU1, 1281 FU2, 988 FU3, 302 FU4, 20 FU5)

The pictures show the grafted area at this moment.

The second hair transplant was performed on 2009.

We reached 2119 grafts for 4711 hair (352 FU1, 1030 FU2, 619 FU3, 103 FU4, 4 FU5)

I have reinforced the anterior and the crown areas.

The trichophytic scar also gave excellent result.

Both surgeries were performed with the FUT technique.

The final aspect is quite natural and the density obtained is very satisfying.

A.jpg.85ff1f7417e50123d47b24ab454ad65e.jpg

B.jpg.5d5a5388ce44a5033dbff90c1801ff6e.jpg

C.jpg.c6699e66b42982139fee245f0d542d47.jpg

D.jpg.72138052c3372cbbef984b019921f41a.jpg

E.jpg.d8e6ece4b6df41113e454de5a22898fd.jpg

F.jpg.ef5775f0c19f91fdfd7065f2df27de37.jpg

G.jpg.9422264b1d8dba55c2a7b01430155dc4.jpg

K.jpg.04aadebc9e15115a16de7c0feb66b1b9.jpg

L.jpg.0dcbb77cd7c8066ae2f36229578b7861.jpg

Dr. Jean Devroye

HTS Clinic - Bruxelles

Email: info@hts-clinic.com 

Telephone: +32 2 880 70 60

Online consultation: https://www.hair-transplant-surgery.com/en/Online-diagnostic

Devroye Instruments: https://www.devroyeinstruments.com/

Dr. Devroye is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 2 weeks later...

In this particular situation I think that his young age isn't a problem.

And here are the reasons why..

For this patient, the data of the problem are clear enough: the limits of the areas which will become bald are known, so it will not be a surprise at this level.

On the other hand, the donor area is very dense and hair are lightly curly. So, in this case we can treat the patient as he was 10 years older: treating the front area first, and then the back area, if desired.

The major part of the grafts was placed on the front area, the first as well as the second time.

The global balance of the grafts if thus well guaranteed.

When we warn the youth against the transplant of the crown, we insist on the fact that we will have to mobilize too many grafts at the back area and they probably will need them on the front area in the future...

I repeat again, in this case, I've treated the patient's baldness just like if he was at a more advanced level.

Dr. Jean Devroye

HTS Clinic - Bruxelles

Email: info@hts-clinic.com 

Telephone: +32 2 880 70 60

Online consultation: https://www.hair-transplant-surgery.com/en/Online-diagnostic

Devroye Instruments: https://www.devroyeinstruments.com/

Dr. Devroye is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

This is how good ALL hair transplants should turn out! Amazing results Dr. Devroye!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Just looked back through and if the the far right picture of picture 3 is the final frontal result after 2 transplants with over 10000 hairs i'd be absolutely mortified and be wanting my money back i really hope that's not. On the good side you did very well with the birds eye view but i doubt many people will be looking at the top of his head.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Just looked back through and if the the far right picture of picture 3 is the final frontal result after 2 transplants with over 10000 hairs i'd be absolutely mortified and be wanting my money back i really hope that's not. On the good side you did very well with the birds eye view but i doubt many people will be looking at the top of his head.

I'm not quite sure what you mean? I think the density is excellent and the results are very natural. The hairline also looks pretty darn good as well. I don't really understand what would mortify you about results like these?

mahhong the pictures are numbered i presume picture 3 of 9 far right and picture 4 of 9 far right are the result pictures if they are i wouldn't be happy at all have a look and tell me what you think. As i say i may be mistaken to which is the final result but let me know.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

mahhong the pictures are numbered i presume picture 3 of 9 far right and picture 4 of 9 far right are the result pictures if they are i wouldn't be happy at all have a look and tell me what you think. As i say i may be mistaken to which is the final result but let me know.

I think we're looking at the same pictures and they are the final results (2 years, 8 months after procedure). To me the results look largely excellent. The density is absolutely brilliant and the hairline looks very natural, which I believe is quite difficult to do with this type of coarser, wavy hair. I don't think anybody would guess this guy had had a transplant.

All I can really see (picking pretty silly holes) is that in picture 4 of 9 the temple area looks a little uneven, but that's really clutching at straws. What is it about the procedure and the photos you don't like? I can't really find anything that looks unimpressive and I don't think you'll see many better transplants, in terms of density and naturalness.

I think we're looking at the same pictures and they are the final results (2 years, 8 months after procedure). To me the results look largely excellent. The density is absolutely brilliant and the hairline looks very natural, which I believe is quite difficult to do with this type of coarser, wavy hair. I don't think anybody would guess this guy had had a transplant.

All I can really see (picking pretty silly holes) is that in picture 4 of 9 the temple area looks a little uneven, but that's really clutching at straws. What is it about the procedure and the photos you don't like? I can't really find anything that looks unimpressive and I don't think you'll see many better transplants, in terms of density and naturalness.

For me mate it looks natural because it looks like he's losing his hair in the front hairline even though he's not due to the fact he's had a ht. The reason i say this is in pic 3 which is a straight on shot there are huge gaps that remind me of when my hair was falling out and my hairline was going back i also have the exact same style corse wavy hair and then when you look at picture 4 from the side you see how big the gaps really are which is not good, taking all this into account i would not like to pay thousands of pounds on a ht and still have a hairline that looks like it's thinning but i guess it's a matter of standard some people have been bald so long that they're not bothered just as long as they have hair.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

For me mate it looks natural because it looks like he's losing his hair in the front hairline even though he's not due to the fact he's had a ht. The reason i say this is in pic 3 which is a straight on shot there are huge gaps that remind me of when my hair was falling out and my hairline was going back i also have the exact same style corse wavy hair and then when you look at picture 4 from the side you see how big the gaps really are which is not good, taking all this into account i would not like to pay thousands of pounds on a ht and still have a hairline that looks like it's thinning but i guess it's a matter of standard some people have been bald so long that they're not bothered just as long as they have hair.

Hmm, I have to disagree with that. I mean I can see what you're saying technically but I don't think "massive gaps" is quite the description I'd use. This guy has hair that would make getting a natural hairline relatively difficult, by the looks of it. But the doctor has managed that and the uneven nature of the hairline is part of the natural look of it. Besides, an awful lot of natural hairlines on non-balding men have that kind of feathered look at the front of the hairline anyway.

I don't think any average Joe is going to look at his hairline and think for one second it's thinning. It might not be absolutely chock full of transplanted hairs, but that wouldn't look any more refined anyway, and in addition we all know we only have a limited number of grafts anyway; hairs saved upfront are hairs that could be used later if further thinning occurs.

I really don't see the problem. Yes, the hairline does look a little uneven at a push, but I wouldn't call the hairline full of "gaps" and I certainly wouldn't say this guy looks like he's still balding.

All 3 images should not get progressively darker, helping to hide or mask results. Why not have the same lighting in the final as the first?

2,542 strip with Dr. Dorin on December 8, 2010.

1286 Singles.

1176 Doubles.

80 Triples.

3878 hairs.

I think if the pictures were taken in the same light the result of the hairline would look even worse that's probably why it does get darker also it's clear that the result pictures have been taken in a dark room with flash because you can see the shadow of his head on the wall ( oh dear busted ). Like i say the top view is very good even taking the lighting tricks into account. Mahhong the only things i don't understand is why these were put on the internet and what your relation is to the clinic i'm thinking you probably work there.

I'd love to see what the patient thought i'm also thinking he did have a problem thats why he came back in for the result photos to be taken, 9 times out of ten you don't get result pictures unless a patient is coming back for more work. Anyway to be fair i don't like saying bad things about Drs work this is the first time i've ever wrote a bad comment in 9 years but kind of got dragged into this one because and as you've read from everyone else this smells of deception big time but i'm gonna leave it now.

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I'd just like to clarify I don't work for the doctor, have never visited the doctor, have never had a transplant by the doctor (or indeed, haven't had a transplant at all yet). Assuming I have some intimate connection to the people involved just because I'm defending the work isn't really a sensible concluson.

I would agree with the general consensus that it would be nice to see uniform pictures (same lighting conditions, same angles etc.), as this is always the best way to work, but it's not that simple. All it takes is a bit of extra sun on any given day, a new paint job on the walls, to change the look of a photo. Whilst I agree it does detract from the overall ability to judge the work, it is somewhat annoying when people assume the slightest discrepancy in before/after photos to be the doctor attempting to cover something up or deceive people.

Obviously everybody is entitled to their opinions and I'm not here to try and stoke up an argument (nor do I believe anybody else is), I just felt words like "mortified" were a bit unfair on what is clearly, in any lighting or from any angle, a pretty significant transformation for the better. I think it's also a bit unfair to bring so much judgement and assumption about the patient and the photos; suggestions like the angles/lighting are trying to deceive or that the patient was probably coming back for repairs just because he showed up at all for a follow up.

Mahhong fair enough mate if you say you don't work for them that's fine i just think you do because you're defending it like someone would if it concerened them personally not like a neutral person would which you're supposed to be.

Everybody has commeneted on the fact the pictures as set up it's just a fact that we all know but i was trying not to involve that part because so many other people have hit that home in this thread already i was just talking about the poor hair line but you enquired further and further into my thoughts like a clinic employee would so i had to explain my self more.

Also i'm not trying to be horrible but i honestly would be mortified with that hairline it's not like i could walk around all day with a camera on flash in my face so it would be even worse than in the result picture.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

bonker, Perhaps you've analyzed one too many hairlines bro (as we all have), lol. I think if you take this result off the forum and put him in the wild you wouldn't bat an eye. One other thought: His forelock had a good amount of native hair to begin with. It could have thinned out post-op...

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hair there so you must agree then it is thin and that's true it could have thinned out due native hair but i would of thought that the dr would of put in quite a solid first cm containing about 800 grafts incase it did thin as the hairline is so important.

I really don't want to go on about it but i feel if it looks bad with flash and low lighting it must be really bad outdoors hence why i'd be mortified.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Mahhong fair enough mate if you say you don't work for them that's fine i just think you do because you're defending it like someone would if it concerened them personally not like a neutral person would which you're supposed to be.

Everybody has commeneted on the fact the pictures as set up it's just a fact that we all know but i was trying not to involve that part because so many other people have hit that home in this thread already i was just talking about the poor hair line but you enquired further and further into my thoughts like a clinic employee would so i had to explain my self more.

Also i'm not trying to be horrible but i honestly would be mortified with that hairline it's not like i could walk around all day with a camera on flash in my face so it would be even worse than in the result picture.

Well, in honesty I think I am being fairly neutral. I thought the work looked really good and thought your opinion that the patient should be "mortified" and demanding their money back seemed a bit extreme and wanted to post some balance to that. Yes, I am definitely in agreement the photos should be of uniform type and style and that's something that should be addressed, but I think the insinuation by some that the doctor has done terrible work and is now trying to hide it isn't very productive and is also a bit unfair, not knowing what the circumstances are precisely.

This is obviously a place for constructive criticism and debate but I think you've jumped to a lot of conclusions that this patients hair must look terrible outdoors or in person simply because the photos have changed slightly. As I say, I do agree photos should be uniform, but I think under any circumstances you can see this patient has made a significant transformation for the better. I think it's also unfair you assume the patient is probably unhappy or come back for future procedures because there's no evidence or suggestion of that as far as I can see.

Just because I disagree with your opinion on the work it doesn't mean I'm not objective or must secretly work for the clinic. I've seen many results on these forums ranging from not particularly impressive to very impressive, and for the number of grafts/hairs used I think this result is pretty easily moving towards the better end of the results spectrum. At very least I certainly don't think the results are dire or disappointing and whilst I would like to see more uniform and bigger pictures to judge properly, the work looks good.

Ok pal fair enough. I thought long and hard about what i have said and what you said in this thread and i still stick 100% with what i wrote!! Thanks

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Ok pal fair enough. I thought long and hard about what i have said and what you said in this thread and i still stick 100% with what i wrote!! Thanks

That's cool, I'm sticking to what I said too!

Nah, but seriously, of course everybody is entitled to their own opinions and it's not for me or anybody else to try and change how people think, so if that's how you really feel then c'est la vie!

Why isn't the lighting the same in all 3 pictures? I'm a bit tired of this common presentation method.

This patient is 26 years old.

His father also began to lose his hair very young.

The first hair transplant was performed on 2008.

We reached 3190 grafts for 7447 hair (599 FU1, 1281 FU2, 988 FU3, 302 FU4, 20 FU5)

The pictures show the grafted area at this moment.

The second hair transplant was performed on 2009.

We reached 2119 grafts for 4711 hair (352 FU1, 1030 FU2, 619 FU3, 103 FU4, 4 FU5)

I have reinforced the anterior and the crown areas.

The trichophytic scar also gave excellent result.

Both surgeries were performed with the FUT technique.

The final aspect is quite natural and the density obtained is very satisfying.