how to verify amount of grafts

They keep track, but I agree, if you don't trust your surgeon, do more research and find a different surgeon. That is not something you want to have to worry about when you are sitting in the chair.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Take some clear photos of the recipient area after the scabs fall off. You can manually count half the area, then double it for an approximate total. I counted mine that way, marking each graft in Photoshop. The count from H&W was right on.

For FUE you can also count the extraction dots fairly easily. I counted them for a friend who had work done by Dr Umar, the numbers were correct.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My HT Blog

Biscuit,

Thank you for sharing that image; very interesting and informative!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Biscuit,

Thank you for sharing that image; very interesting and informative!

Yes guess it is a question of trust. I counted on the clicker provided by Dr Hasson 37 x 100 = 3700. I was a bit confused afterwards as there were 4505 grafts extracted. I was told that alot of my 1 hair grafts were doubled up and used as 2's anyone else had this technique?? dont think i have came across it before??

But UKPatient, if the clicker said 3700 grafts & they doubled some of the single hairs up, why would you be expected to pay for 4505 grafts??

It's 3700 'natural' grafts you're meant to be paying for. A surgeon can't extract 3700, double some of them up & tell you it's now 4500 grafts, pay up please!

How is that fair? Maybe someone can shed some light on this. It's not right at all. If you had a 3 hair graft extracted for example and then it was split into 3 singular hairs, they can't count that as 3 grafts!

Edited by Dutch

But UKPatient, if the clicker said 3700 grafts & they doubled some of the single hairs up, why would you be expected to pay for 4505 grafts??

It's 3700 'natural' grafts you're meant to be paying for. A surgeon can't extract 3700, double some of them up & tell you it's now 4500 grafts, pay up please!

How is that fair? Maybe someone can shed some light on this. It's not right at all. If you had a 3 hair graft extracted for example and then it was split into 3 singular hairs, they can't count that as 3 grafts!

Perhaps i never explained clearly regarding the above. So i had 4505 grafts extracted breakdown of which were: Singles : 1747

Doubles: 2525

3/4: 232

So a total of 4505 grafts removed. Dr Hasson made 3700 incisions and used some made some of my singles into doubles which will add to density. To be honest i dont know why this was done this way as it wasnt something that was discussed prior to HT. From my memory i remeber Dr Hasson telling me that the had counted more grafts than excpected but it was too late to alter hairline design and going further back wasnt discussed at that time i wasnt really 100% with it and my way if thinking is Dr knows best. Not sure why they couldnt have went a bit further back ( as i still have diffuse thinning towards crown which was untouched perhaps Joe could comment on this. I havent come across any cases like this??