Strip scar at 18 months pictures

I've been asked before on this forum what my strip scar (Dr Pathomvanich, 18 months, 3900 grafts, tricophytic closure) looks like when I shaved my hair down.

I'd replied that I wasn't interested in shaving my hair down anyway, but today I overconfidentally had a number 3 shave (was getting a bit warm in England this week) and the results are attached.

No one (barber, work colleagues) mentioned anything, except my wife, who burst out laughing when she saw it saying it was obvious.

These are the best pictures I could manage, my summary is that if you know (as most people on this board do) what to look for then yes it is fairly obvious, and maybe it will take a week or so to be less obvious.

I'm just posting my results for interest, I'm not complaining at all, strip was a perfectly reasonable option for me. I dont' believe there is any scar stretching but there seems to be some redness there.

I've also previously said that going for a "marine hard nut" type haircut is not normally the best choice for transplanted patients.

But hopefully these photos contribute a little to the results on view out there to enable future patients to make educated decisions.

DSC01959.jpg.04c6440ba9080ae2907f0c815a7ef4ab.jpg

DSC01958.jpg.9f808f9b32e58fac591616a16ed98531.jpg

DSC01957.jpg.cc1e1ac78d2a8d20a18cdb0711ac31b6.jpg

I can't say I agree with your wife. It's there is you're looking for it, but I wouldn't say it jumps out at you at all.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

HT scars seem to be one of those things that are only noticed by people who are familiar with the procedure themselves. Unless the head is shaved and the scar very red & obvious, I can't imagine the general public knowing what it's all about.

Even people who haven't had HTs sometimes have anomalous markings or lines on their scalp. I don't think it makes most people take notice.

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

largechris, i concur with the guys. I dun think its obvious but at 18mths, its a bit red for my concern. At 9 mths now, my strip scar is slimmer and less red and far less obvious ( though the layman defn would not suspect anything in your case )

Anyway dude, i am at 9mths and though i m thrilled at my scar, i cant say the same for my density... the failure continues.....

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730